Isak Hansen-Aarøen | signs for Werner Bremen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He reminds me of a young slightly more athletic Scholes. Further away from goal (Scholes shooting was always lethal) but a similar deal passing and ghosting between the lines at the same age
Scholes/Modric hybrid. I hope he makes it into the first team eventually. Probably my favourite type of player to watch.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Modric lite based on those highlights.

Desperately need to get ETH and let him work his magic on this guy, Hannibal and Garner.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Class.

As a keen follower of sock fashion I can’t help noticing that we’ve moved on from the Henry/Ronaldo over knee stretch to the Grealish mid-calf micro shin-pad look, as modelled by this young man. Very on fleek.

Everything in fashion is cyclical though. Tony Galvin was the real mould breaker.
Steve Claridge was also a fond wearer of low socks.
It was he whom led me to do the same when I play.

But I like this kid, not just because of his attire.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Was very impressive yesterday. He sees and attempts (and usually pulls off) passes that even our senior players couldn't' I like that he is consistently getting more and more involved in games, too. That was always his biggest criticism. Definitely one of the payers I am most hyped for.

Dolf

Looks really promising! Why not let him train with the first team now and then?

Macern

Pee pee pants
I thought he was similar to Ødegaard in terms of style, but he's more of a deeper playmaker?

mav_9me

Surely between Mejbri, Mainoo and him, we have a first team CM?

In Rainbows

Surely between Mejbri, Mainoo and him, we have a first team CM?
It's also dependent on what the coaches see. There is this idea that young midfielders must play in an attacking role when playing for the first team.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Wow! That was impressive.

His hip movements and turn arounds reminds me a little bit about Xavi/Iniesta. Excellent first touch and his ball control is smooth and effortless. Similar style to Modric/Iniesta when he just glide around like a ghost and create space and extra time for himself.

Let’s give him time to mature physically and to get used to a higher tempo. Now is not the time for him enter the first team. Spare him from todays chaos and wait a season or two and let him develop naturally without outside pressure.

Thiagoal

He looks really impressive in U18 football but I’m really wary of players like this and there ability to step up into physical leagues. Anyone remember that Daehli chap that was being raved about? He just didn’t have the physical attributes to play at the highest level. Hope I’m wrong and he turns into the next Modric though as he’d be a very exciting player to watch

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He looks really impressive in U18 football but I’m really wary of players like this and there ability to step up into physical leagues. Anyone remember that Daehli chap that was being raved about? He just didn’t have the physical attributes to play at the highest level. Hope I’m wrong and he turns into the next Modric though as he’d be a very exciting player to watch
A very good point. But what I like about Isak is that he actually looks quite good physical. But he is no wimp. And his center of graviety is great.

izec

Difference is Daehli was a winger/10 hybrid. And some make the step up and some dont, true. I feel Isak is a level higher and him playing in midfield helps. You dont have to be a beast physically to make it if you have the right attributes otherwise. I think Modric is the perfect example and someone he should look up to.

Zlatans Knee

He should base his game on Modric and if he becomes half the player then it will still improve our first team midfield my a mile.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
This lad is bloody amazing, I enjoyed watching his highlights. The whole team is just so good and much more enjoyable to watch than the first team.

In Rainbows

How does he compare to Garner at the same age?
Different players. Garner was more of a physical presence, but with great passing range. Hence he was the more defensive midfielder of his midfield partners.

In Rainbows

How does he compare to Angel Gomes?
They both played different roles. Gomes was the more creative player. Close, but I would give the edge to Gomes through ball ability. Gomes wasn't as good at dribbling past players though. Gomes had the ingredients (tight control when carrying), but that didn't always translate to his performances. Gomes was the better scorer. I actually have Gomes with the better first touch provided it was on the ground (most in game situations). Close though. And I actually have Isak as the consistently better of the two in tighter spaces when carrying the ball. Gomes was great at executing passes in tight spaces, no doubt about that. And Gomes did have his moments in tight areas, but that wasn't as consistent.

What's great is that unlike Gomes, he's getting more playing time in midfield. I quite liked Gomes at midfield, but wasn't given that chance at first team level, or anywhere really bar some youth matches.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
They both played different roles. Gomes was the more creative player. Close, but I would give the edge to Gomes through ball ability. Gomes wasn't as good at dribbling past players though. Gomes had the ingredients (tight control when carrying), but that didn't always translate to his performances. Gomes was the better scorer. I actually have Gomes with the better first touch provided it was on the ground (most in game situations). Close though. And I actually have Isak as the consistently better of the two in tighter spaces when carrying the ball. Gomes was great at executing passes in tight spaces, no doubt about that. And Gomes did have his moments in tight areas, but that wasn't as consistent.

What's great is that unlike Gomes, he's getting more playing time in midfield. I quite liked Gomes at midfield, but wasn't given that chance at first team level, or anywhere really bar some youth matches.
He also seems a hell of a lot more physically robust than Gomes. Which means he is much better suited to this league.

lysglimt

Scout
Steve Claridge was also a fond wearer of low socks.
It was he whom led me to do the same when I play.

But I like this kid, not just because of his attire.
Never thought I would see Claridge mentioned in a thread about Hansen Aaroen :) Well it had to be the socks - certainly not the playing style :)

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's middle tier for me at the moment.

A level below Mejbri, Galbraith and Iqbal, but more promising than Garner and Levitt.

In Rainbows

He's middle tier for me at the moment.

A level below Mejbri, Galbraith and Iqbal, but more promising than Garner and Levitt.
I don't see how you can put Iqbal above him given that Iqbal wasn't even a guaranteed starter for the longest time. Iqbal was always a player with some great ability, but looked more like someone who needed time to see whether he would have a chance. And Garner was considered in that level that Laird was in, which is where I would put Isak. At least many of us had Greenwood as the top, with Garner and Laird as the next two biggest talents out of that group.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't see how you can put Iqbal above him given that Iqbal wasn't even a guaranteed starter for the longest time. Iqbal was always a player with some great ability, but looked more like someone who needed time to see whether he would have a chance. And Garner was considered in that level that Laird was in, which is where I would put Isak. At least many of us had Greenwood as the top, with Garner and Laird as the next two biggest talents out of that group.
I'm only talking about midfielders. I've just always preferred Iqbal. Even when they were playing together for the u18s, Iqbal stood out more to me.

still, early days. That's just my opinion now, but could easily change depending on how each player develops.

Remember the geese

In my opinion Hansen-Aarøen is better than Zidane (Iqbal ;) ), but I'd have him slightly below Hannibal. The other players listed are completely different types of players to him, so difficult to judge. I certainly wouldn't say that Galbraith is a level above him though.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I suspect Hansen will be a late bloomer. I'd put him in the top tier in terms of talent, but don't think he will be ready for first-team action until a year or so after others in his age group. Hansen is still learning the midfield role and will be for a number of years. Nothing wrong with that. Scholes was nearly 20 when he made his debut and it's probably the hardest role on the pitch, learning to dictate and control the play.

cyberman

I suspect Hansen will be a late bloomer. I'd put him in the top tier in terms of talent, but don't think he will be ready for first-team action until a year or so after others in his age group. Hansen is still learning the midfield role and will be for a number of years. Nothing wrong with that. Scholes was nearly 20 when he made his debut and it's probably the hardest role on the pitch, learning to dictate and control the play.
Scholes was a number 10 when he broke though

led_scholes

From that video I get Rooney vibes, not Modric. Hopefully, he can become a great player!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
In my opinion Hansen-Aarøen is better than Zidane (Iqbal ;) ), but I'd have him slightly below Hannibal. The other players listed are completely different types of players to him, so difficult to judge. I certainly wouldn't say that Galbraith is a level above him though.
Think this about where I'm at. I think Iqbal is quite good but I don't consider him a top talent. For me Hannibal is currently the best player in the academy. I'd have Garner, Hannibal, Hansen, Galbraith and Mainoo ahead of Iqbal if we're discussing midfielders, that's not to say he's not talented just that we've got a plethora of fantastic young midfielders at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.