Isak Hansen-Aarøen | signs for Werner Bremen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
He's an OK striker, not more than that imo.

5 goals in 25 games for RB Leipzig isn't exactly amazing.

He may build on that tally because he has time on his side but it's in no way based just on his Palace days, scoring buckets in Turkey just isn't an indicator that is very trustworthy on your capacity on the top European level.

However, I think he and Haaland are a decent set-up for the National Team. Haaland will need to grow to become the leader of that team in due time.

As for Norway's midfield. Yes, Odegaard and Berge are both talents (still think both could/should make at least a step up) but beyond that, there is a reliance on players like Berg, Midtsjø, Elyounoussi that aren't good enough.

Beyond that, the team is bare-bones in defense. So definitely an attack-heavy team with most of the big talent coming through attack-minded.

Will Hansen-Aarøen make it through? I certainly hope so as a United fan but it's early days still and he could also go the way of Møller Daehli or even Wolff Eikrem if we fall too much for the hype.
I really didn't think you meant that, by the way, but some fans do ;)

Fairly optimistic for Norway now, we've been pretty bad since the 90s, and with Solbakken as coach, i think we'll do very well.
He did a good job at Copenhagen, and it's been in the cards that he would take over Norway at some point for a while.

Quite a few very good youngsters coming through now, and Håland plus Sørloth is a much better duo, if we play with 2, up front than we've had for ages.

Ninja edit: I still think Wolff Eikrem and Møller Dæhli could become good players for us, they've been pretty good since they left United. Good technique, passing and vision on both of them.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
sorry for being a querulant, but if you have that kind of thread title, which I understand and support, at least install thread marks that say "15th birthday", "16th birthday" and so forth

SwedishFish

I really didn't think you meant that, by the way, but some fans do ;)

Fairly optimistic for Norway now, we've been pretty bad since the 90s, and with Solbakken as coach, i think we'll do very well.
He did a good job at Copenhagen, and it's been in the cards that he would take over Norway at some point for a while.

Quite a few very good youngsters coming through now, and Håland plus Sørloth is a much better duo, if we play with 2, up front than we've had for ages.

Ninja edit: I still think Wolff Eikrem and Møller Dæhli could become good players for us, they've been pretty good since they left United. Good technique, passing and vision on both of them.
Depends on the level I suppose, lets hope Ståle can get you qualification. The main issue he's had at FCK is that he's been a bit cautious with his tactics (sometimes overly cautious) but he's still a great manager. Can see there is a delicate balance to make that work with a Norway team that is stacked in attack but lacks a bit on the defensive end.

Best of luck to you ;)

lysglimt

Scout
He's an OK striker, not more than that imo.

5 goals in 25 games for RB Leipzig isn't exactly amazing.

He may build on that tally because he has time on his side but it's in no way based just on his Palace days, scoring buckets in Turkey just isn't an indicator that is very trustworthy on your capacity on the top European level.

However, I think he and Haaland are a decent set-up for the National Team. Haaland will need to grow to become the leader of that team in due time.

As for Norway's midfield. Yes, Odegaard and Berge are both talents (still think both could/should make at least a step up) but beyond that, there is a reliance on players like Berg, Midtsjø, Elyounoussi that aren't good enough.

Beyond that, the team is bare-bones in defense. So definitely an attack-heavy team with most of the big talent coming through attack-minded.

Will Hansen-Aarøen make it through? I certainly hope so as a United fan but it's early days still and he could also go the way of Møller Daehli or even Wolff Eikrem if we fall too much for the hype.
Berg has been very good in Norway this season but needs to go to a better club. As for Sørloth - 5 in 25 isn't that amazing granted, but if you change it to 4 goals and 2 assists in the last 6 - then it's suddenly very good. He had a poor start, but now he is starting to scored goals - and he has been much better than Haaland for Norway.

Norway lack a good central defender - Ajer is good, but he needs a solid partner, and right now - he doesn't have any. The fullbacks are also quite ok - Elabdellaoui (if he gets back after his fireworks-incident) and Meling are good enough for a team like Norway. But in central midfield - the best options together with Berge is in my opinion Normann, Sindre Tronstad and Morten Thorsby. Kristoffer Askildsen who has played quite a bit for Sampdoria at the age of 20 is also interesting.

The team is still too young - plain and simple, but it's a tremendously talented side where almost the entire core of the team is 20-24 years old. These are the ones I can think of who are 25 or younger and has been involved in the team in the last 6 months:

Ajer 24, Ryerson 23, Hanche-Olsen 24, Ødegård 23, Haaland 20, Sørloth 25, Berge 23, Thorstvedt 22, Berg 23, Thorsby 24, Normann 24, Hauge 20, Evjen 21, Strand Larsen 21, Tronstad 25, Askildsen 20, Børkeeiet 20

SwedishFish

Berg has been very good in Norway this season but needs to go to a better club. As for Sørloth - 5 in 25 isn't that amazing granted, but if you change it to 4 goals and 2 assists in the last 6 - then it's suddenly very good. He had a poor start, but now he is starting to scored goals - and he has been much better than Haaland for Norway.

Norway lack a good central defender - Ajer is good, but he needs a solid partner, and right now - he doesn't have any. The fullbacks are also quite ok - Elabdellaoui (if he gets back after his fireworks-incident) and Meling are good enough for a team like Norway. But in central midfield - the best options together with Berge is in my opinion Normann, Sindre Tronstad and Morten Thorsby. Kristoffer Askildsen who has played quite a bit for Sampdoria at the age of 20 is also interesting.

The team is still too young - plain and simple, but it's a tremendously talented side where almost the entire core of the team is 20-24 years old. These are the ones I can think of who are 25 or younger and has been involved in the team in the last 6 months:

Ajer 24, Ryerson 23, Hanche-Olsen 24, Ødegård 23, Haaland 20, Sørloth 25, Berge 23, Thorstvedt 22, Berg 23, Thorsby 24, Normann 24, Hauge 20, Evjen 21, Strand Larsen 21, Tronstad 25, Askildsen 20, Børkeeiet 20
Seeing as our leagues are not too dissimilar we both know it's a big step to go from Scandinavia to somewhere else and perform.

I think there is some talent in the team coming through, it will be interesting to see who can make the steps and if Haaland will grow to become the main man for that team.

Best of luck in qualifying for the World Cup first and foremost. :)

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

Just highlights, but some nice highlights. I love this style of midfielders, think we have lacked that in the first team.

Gordon S

Just highlights, but some nice highlights. I love this style of midfielders, think we have lacked that in the first team.
Looks like he is gliding around the pitch, Modric style. But this level looks way to easy for him now, needs a new challenge at u23

Ballache

Supports
Martial

I love these kind of players. They make football look easy. He is a vit Modric-esque.
Hannibal is another one.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

These things are actually the fundamental principles of playing in midfield to me. Moving the ball from back to front, from left to right, either by a number of short steps or a few large steps. It seems in this Opta era, people are now calling these guys ‘overrated’. People can only see ‘tackles + interceptions’ or ‘goals + assists’.

Handré1990

These things are actually the fundamental principles of playing in midfield to me. Moving the ball from back to front, from left to right, either by a number of short steps or a few large steps. It seems in this Opta era, people are now calling these guys ‘overrated’. People can only see ‘tackles + interceptions’ or ‘goals + assists’.
Music to my ears. Control is overrated now apparently.

Last edited:

Ekeke

Silk. I see plenty of Scholes in his passing, but his dribbling is on another level. Another exciting young player who can hopefully make the steps needed to help the first team down the line

spenzo

Probably my favourite of the midfield prospects that we have. He was hitting his stride towards the back-end of last year and he's looked even better since coming back from Norway.

His previous senior experience is definitely starting to show. The exact type of player we've lacked for a number of years now so hopefully he continues to develop.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
neat touch and control, let's hoe he develops his defensive game and make can take the next step to U23 and then up to men, huge strides ahead of him but we have a player to look forward seeing there. Hopefully not another Mats Daehli.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's looking very good thus far and I'm really looking forward to seeing him in the 23s next season.

NecssryEvil

The other thing about him that reminds me of Scholes is that when United create a turnover, he seems to always be available and in acres of space. He also has that ability when playing one-twos to instantly have 5 yards of space to the nearest defender. I think this is one of those un-coachable talents that you either have in your bag of skills or not. He seems to have the knack and I can't wait to see how he develops further.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He looks special. Wasn’t that impressed in his early outings, but he’s been getting better and better.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
It's the lack of this kind of midfielder that is holding us back imo. We need someone who can get on the ball and dictate the pace of the game, so we're not just frantically chasing or desperately clinging on. It's the biggest failing of the current side and we'll never get to the next level until we find someone who can do it.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Suspect he’ll be considered the best youth prospect at the club sooner rather than later. Football is effortless to him.

Lj82

Watching these highlight reels gives me the impression that u18 football is too easy for him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Suspect he’ll be considered the best youth prospect at the club sooner rather than later. Football is effortless to him.
Think he already is in that u18 team(considering Mejbri and Shoretire are in u23 now)

TheReligion

Abusive
Technically looks like he has quality. I think if he steps up to u23 level is will be interesting to see how he copes physically as that's the only thing that will hold him back. I've noticed he's the type of player who likes to keep the ball moving but much of his better work is done when he has the confidence to bring players on to him or carry the ball a few yards to open up space. In the upper to mens age group opposition players will be bigger, stronger and more physically fit. If he can still play the same game and continue to sharpen his touch and movement he should develop nicely. His awareness looks advanced for his years.

Next season will be interesting for him and will give us a much better idea of how he'll develop in my opinion.

In Rainbows

It's the lack of this kind of midfielder that is holding us back imo. We need someone who can get on the ball and dictate the pace of the game, so we're not just frantically chasing or desperately clinging on. It's the biggest failing of the current side and we'll never get to the next level until we find someone who can do it.
Agreed. Hopefully we can churn out that midfielder with Mejbri and he. Thought Gomes could turn into that player, but was rarely played in that position and is still playing as an attacker in men's football.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Been saying that for a while now. Let’s hope he and Hannibal can make that next step. If he starts proving to be too good then a loan to a
Good passing side is an option

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
I posted eadrlierabout whether he would be physically able to play at under 23 level. I expect him to grow but would that then affect his movement and ability to glide round the pitch as he does at the moment. Then I think of the tremendous players of similar stature - Modric, Foden, etc. Its a matter of wait and see. I hope the kid makes it as he genuinely looks an exciting prospect, more so then Hannibal I.m.h.o.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Agreed. Hopefully we can churn out that midfielder with Mejbri and he. Thought Gomes could turn into that player, but was rarely played in that position and is still playing as an attacker in men's football.
Been saying that for a while now. Let’s hope he and Hannibal can make that next step. If he starts proving to be too good then a loan to a
Good passing side is an option
Yeah, Hannibal could be the one, maybe even Garner? Looks very comfortable on the ball and has a good range of passing. Already doing well at Forest, so might even find himself ahead of Mejbri in the queue?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Yeah, Hannibal could be the one, maybe even Garner? Looks very comfortable on the ball and has a good range of passing. Already doing well at Forest, so might even find himself ahead of Mejbri in the queue?
Would say so( Garner) right now but Hannibal does look so classy and gildes across the turf. Would love to see him kick on

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Seem to be pumping out talented midfielders on a conveyor belt at the moment. There's little I can add to this thread except that I find the Modric comparisons very apt. He's a very talented lad and in my opinion he's the best player in this U18 side, and I've said before I think it's a very good group.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I just hope Ole can get passed his love of 2 defensive midfielders at all times, as we have 2/3 young lads who could push for a first team place, but look to play rather than destroy.

Status
Not open for further replies.