Isco

Mainoldo

He’s got more body fat than Luke Shaw. He’s ready for the La Liga Master league.

Sid234

He's available on a free transfer, apparently in talks for a move to the Bundesliga (RB Leipzig/Union Berlin)- with Eriksen's injury, maybe a decent depth signing?

Trex

He's available on a free transfer, apparently in talks for a move to the Bundesliga (RB Leipzig/Union Berlin)- with Eriksen's injury, maybe a decent depth signing?
Can't play the Eriksen role, the sort of signing Woodward would relish in 2014.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Isco to Union Berlin, who saw that one coming? He probably wasn't even aware of the club's existance two to three years ago.. :lol:

Mainoldo

Isco to Union Berlin, who saw that one coming? He probably wasn't even aware of the club's existance two to three years ago.. :lol:
He was probably more shocked a big league wants him.

Brophs

The One and Only
Didn’t he just join Sevilla on a free? What happened there?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Didn’t he just join Sevilla on a free? What happened there?
He supposedly signed for Sevilla because of Lopetegui, his great supporter, but when Sampaoli arrived he changed the system.
He argued with Monchi, I think even visibly in some training and they broke the contract.

Mainoldo

Outside of the US leagues actually don't sign players.
Mate you probably haven’t watched him recently which is why you’re acting smug. But this guy just got released from Sevilla for not being good enough. He’s lucky he has another professional club to go to as he’s anything but professional at the minute.

But you probably wanted him at United right?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Mate you probably haven’t watched him recently which is why you’re acting smug. But this guy just got released from Sevilla for not being good enough. He’s lucky he has another professional club to go to as he’s anything but professional at the minute.

Yes, that's me.

Blackwidow

Problem is that Union Berlin is full with guys that had problems elsewhere. Urs Fischer somehow revives all their careers. Currently on rank 2 in the Bundesliga...

Sky just messaged that Isco agreed on a contract until 2024 with an option to 2025. He is already on the way to Berlin to make medical checks tomorrow.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Was at the City v Sevilla game in November. Discovered he had been playing, sorry, he was on the pitch when his name was announced as being substituted. He added a new level to 'totally anonymous'.

GoldanoGraham

Can someone explain to me what happened to him?
He was never actually that good as never lived up to the early hype and promise. Happens to lots of players.

Got in and out of a very good team so made him look better than he was.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The whole of German football are in the replies dunking on Leipzig.

Steven7290

The whole of German football are in the replies dunking on Leipzig.

Care to explain the situation a bit? I wasnt sure if it was a dig from Leipzig that Berlin signs a sub standard player in Isco, and what "tradition" means for the reply???
Edit: yeah i get it now after reading the move had collapsed. Sorry Im slow

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Care to explain the situation a bit? I wasnt sure if it was a dig from Leipzig that Berlin signs a sub standard player in Isco, and what "tradition" means for the reply???
Edit: yeah i get it now after reading the move had collapsed. Sorry Im slow
I guess Union Berlin tweeted something random about one of their games. Leipzig jumped in their replies seemingly poking fun at the failed Isco transfer to which Union Berlin of course returned with a dig about Leipzig’s lack of history, a club that was formed in 2009 and supposedly very disliked all across Germany.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Isco just settled into a comfort zone at Real Madrid and it got lost with all the attention on Bale semi retiring from about early 2019.

Fairly steady appearance ration of 25-30 games most seasons in La Liga but huge amount of that would've been subs.

Also hasn't been called up by Spain since 2019 so it's actually a fairly similar career trajectory to Dele Alli.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Can someone explain to me what happened to him?
I loved watching him, but I think he had some flaws that stopped him from reaching the very top in his position, despite being a very good player. His dribbling could be magical, and I loved the way he would deal with being pressed, but his decision making could be infuriating at times. He'd often hold on to the ball a little too long, picking the wrong time to release it, and he could be a little hit or miss with the weighting of his pass. This was in relation to the very best playmakers though, as he was still good at these facets of the game. I think his appendicitis was the death knell for him really, if I'm remembering correctly he never seemed to get himself properly fit after returning, and he lost his importance and status to the team despite some flourishes every now and then.

He had a great career on the whole though, started 2 of the CL finals and was an important player for Madrid for a fair amount of time. He was never an undisputed starter for a lengthy period of time, but he cemented himself as the first sub and considering the level of competition he faced in that side it isn't really an indictment.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I loved watching him, but I think he had some flaws that stopped him from reaching the very top in his position, despite being a very good player. His dribbling could be magical, and I loved the way he would deal with being pressed, but his decision making could be infuriating at times. He'd often hold on to the ball a little too long, picking the wrong time to release it, and he could be a little hit or miss with the weighting of his pass. This was in relation to the very best playmakers though, as he was still good at these facets of the game. I think his appendicitis was the death knell for him really, if I'm remembering correctly he never seemed to get himself properly fit after returning, and he lost his importance and status to the team despite some flourishes every now and then.

He had a great career on the whole though, started 2 of the CL finals and was an important player for Madrid for a fair amount of time. He was never an undisputed starter for a lengthy period of time, but he cemented himself as the first sub and considering the level of competition he faced in that side it isn't really an indictment.
Cheers for that. It's a shame about the appendicitis, that kind of thing can really change the direction of a career.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Cheers for that. It's a shame about the appendicitis, that kind of thing can really change the direction of a career.
I always enjoyed it when Isco dropped deeper, imo some of his best performances came about when he was filling in for Modric. Reminded me of Cazorla when he dropped deeper later in his Arsenal career. As well as knitting play together the ability to consistently bypass the opposition with the ball at feet was fun to watch.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Especially if it appears that your agent might not be acting in the best interest for your career.

It is a bit weird how his transfer to Berlin failed, both sides claiming that the other didn't honour agreements previously made but made demands to change the contract at last minute.

Of course Gestifute might say the truth, but considering how much shit their players sometimes stir up (just look at the Ronaldo drama) and how many transfers Union make without any news about such issues I tend to believe the club that Isco/his agent tried at the last minute to improve the deal and basically use the media hype about the "done deal" to pressure the club into accepting that.

Together with the way he left his last two clubs it gives the image of a player that has a difficult character as well. A good agent should be able to smoothen such issues for the player, but it looks like on the contrary they make it worse.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Too bad he declined so badly.
He was fundamental in the first Champions Leagues.
In the past I was quite excited about an Isco-Hazard connection.
There are many comments/jokes in Spain about how his relationship with Sara Sálamo changed his career.
I don't think he ever had much interest in training but it is said that since he met her he focused a lot on going out and social events, leaving football a little bit aside.
Then it was said that she forced him to veganism and that caused a drop in his performance and his weight gain.
Here Pipi saying "a doctor told him 'Isco, stay in Valdebebas, eat a steak and then go home and tell your wife that you have eaten a salad " :lol:

Last edited: