Islam Slimani - Man Utd and Spurs interested

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Don't forget Manucho, Bellion, Dong Fangzhou, Bebe and Alan Smith! All top brass strikers who passed through the club when we were in our pomp.
Yeah, I'm not turning cartwheels over the prospect of Slimani by any means but we're talking about a stopgap. We've had journeymen before and the way we've fecked our recruitment/squad management recently means we're turning to journeymen again. If he can come in on loan, provide rest for Martial and Greenwood, hold it up well and get a goal or two I won't be complaining. If he ends up being our marquee signing of the summer I'll be pretty fecking miffed.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah, I'm not turning cartwheels over the prospect of Slimani by any means but we're talking about a stopgap. We've had journeymen before and the way we've fecked our recruitment/squad management recently means we're turning to journeymen again. If he can come in on loan, provide rest for Martial and Greenwood, hold it up well and get a goal or two I won't be complaining. If he ends up being our marquee signing of the summer I'll be pretty fecking miffed.
Yeah, I think people are just venting with this one. He has a good return in a league people fawn over talents from, he will have a point to prove coming back to the EPl and looks like a decent all round striker. I'm not going nuts about him coming in, but it would be a good stop gap until the summer.

Acquire Me

Doesnt look like things get better
I feel the same at times mate.

That said, I like the way with more talents coming in and the building of a team that can challenge for many years. The way before was not working, even though we took some more points. The only reason for taking some more points were the older players who had been around the game for a long time.

I will be patient. Building something great takes time. Young players will be up and down and the results will reflect that. But we will grow from game to game.

Bestietom

No, because Greenwood is first team now.
What about Ramazani or Mellor, could they not be tried. We have young midfielders who are better than Pereira, Mata, and Lingard, but they are not given enough game time. Levitt, Garner, and Gomes, should have got more game time in their right positions.imo

SweetRightFoot

What about Ramazani or Mellor, could they not be tried. We have young midfielders who are better than Pereira, Mata, and Lingard, but they are not given enough game time. Levitt, Garner, and Gomes, should have got more game time in their right positions.imo
Ramazani and Mellor aren't making it here. Apologies to their fans but they aren't at the required level. Levitt, Garner and Gomes aren't getting game time because physically they aren't ready for the PL.

However, I do want to see Levitt, Garner and Gomes in the first team. They all exude class but at the moment we have to be performance orientated. I've got real high hopes for Garner especially, I've seen real talent in him when he's played for the first team. Levitt has got something about him too, looks like a technically proficient hard worker who'd we'd be sad to see leave. Gomes is obviously talented but he's still got question marks around him about his physicality and work rate. He could be a futsal player masquerading as a footballer I'm not sure.

Reactions: Rood

0le

Ramazani and Mellor aren't making it here. Apologies to their fans but they aren't at the required level. Levitt, Garner and Gomes aren't getting game time because physically they aren't ready for the PL.

However, I do want to see Levitt, Garner and Gomes in the first team. They all exude class but at the moment we have to be performance orientated. I've got real high hopes for Garner especially, I've seen real talent in him when he's played for the first team. Levitt has got something about him too, looks like a technically proficient hard worker who'd we'd be sad to see leave. Gomes is obviously talented but he's still got question marks around him about his physicality and work rate. He could be a futsal player masquerading as a footballer I'm not sure.
Feck me, a logical argument presented about the youth players! Well done!

Alabaster Codify7

Feck me, a logical argument presented about the youth players! Well done!

Yeah the fact is, for all Ole's talk about the young lads, about 20% of them at best will make the grade so we have to actually you know, make up the other 80% of the team with quality signings. Some of them look good, some I can confidently say will not be here in 2yrs.

Kostov

This first sentence makes your post irrelevant in the first line of reading. Such a stupid thing to say regarding a very young and talented kid, Ramazani. Tell us Mr. future seeing know everything, while watching Scott McTominay play for the youth/reserve teams in 2015/2017 did you think this kid would play for the Manchester United first team? If yes, you are a liar and a total hypocrite, if no this post of yours is one of the most stupid on the forum.

Number32

This first sentence makes your post irrelevant in the first line of reading. Such a stupid thing to say regarding a very young and talented kid, Ramazani. Tell us Mr. future seeing know everything, while watching Scott McTominay play for the youth/reserve teams in 2015/2017 did you think this kid would play for the Manchester United first team? If yes, you are a liar and a total hypocrite, if no this post of yours is one of the most stupid on the forum.
He is talking about the present not the future of these young lads. Mellor is not good enough in a PL 2 division 2 where no Chelsea, City, Arsenal, and pool at their league, how on earth he get promote to the first team?
Ramazani is a winger not a striker, he was very good againts the young boys but completely missing against more physical team like Villa U23.

McT was playing in an elite U23 competition Division 1, its a terrible comparison.

LuckyScout78

If we're looking at that calibre of striker then I wouldn't mind having a look at Mitrovic. Only 25, has a presence in the box and could be just what we need short term.
As a squad and depth CF. Mitrovic is a ideal suit. And his age is ideal too. Not the best CF out there, but Mitrovic is really good in everything. Both in the air and ground. And Mitrovic is a kind of CF it will always be hard and difficult to every defend to handle. Because of his powerful, aggressive and tough style. He always give 100%. A CF you can trust on. And he does has flair and is not so worst with the ball. A regular CF for Serbia where he has score in half of the games and has always been a natural goalscorer.

He does has the character and mentality. Like never say die mentality. And can break his nose to score a goal. Mitrovic again is a tough and aggressive CF in the box to handle.

So i will absolutely recommend him too. And i will easily pay 30 -35 £ mill for him.

Having Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Mitrovic as CF options are really good and strong. 4 really good CF options. Depend on the quality of the wingers too. Like Sancho as RW and Federico Chiesa as left winger.

Ideal line up

Sancho - Bruno - Chiesa/Martial - Rashford/Mitrovic/Greenwood

or 442

Sancho - Bruno/Pogba - McTom/Fred - Chiesa/Martial + Greenwood/Mitrovic - Rashford/Martial

United definitely need Mitrovic air ability. If the wide have good consistent crosser. It will be big chance he will score.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I feel the same at times mate.

That said, I like the way with more talents coming in and the building of a team that can challenge for many years. The way before was not working, even though we took some more points. The only reason for taking some more points were the older players who had been around the game for a long time.

I will be patient. Building something great takes time. Young players will be up and down and the results will reflect that. But we will grow from game to game.
I agree on the talent side, but on the pitch things just get worse. We're so bad under Ole, the stats are terrible, we are lost and have no game plan. Most players are even worse than before. He just won't cut it and there will be many players who have no interest in joining us if we're in that state

Acquire Me

I agree on the talent side, but on the pitch things just get worse. We're so bad under Ole, the stats are terrible, we are lost and have no game plan. Most players are even worse than before. He just won't cut it and there will be many players who have no interest in joining us if we're in that state
Yeah I see the same thing in some games or in part of games. I also see that we can be very good in some games and in part of games. The latter tells me that we are doing something right. To be honest, we never or very rarely had anything going for us under Moyes, LvG and Mourinho.

So for me, it looks like we are progressing the right way. New players will be added, but they will play the way we want. In time, we should have cemented our style and are able to produce that game after game. Well at least that’s the goal I believe.