Islam Slimani - Man Utd and Spurs interested

Fox1884

Supports
Leicester City
He will provide us with a good option when we face low blocks. None of our forward line are good in the air, and so many of the crosses from James or AWB are wasted since none one is in the box to head them in. Dislike him as you may want to, but Fellaini did actually have his uses when he was here.
He isn’t brilliant in the air, that was a lot of people’s main problem with him when he was here, may be a bigger guy but a bit lazy at winning headers

thomas porter

He will provide us with a good option when we face low blocks. None of our forward line are good in the air, and so many of the crosses from James or AWB are wasted since none one is in the box to head them in. Dislike him as you may want to, but Fellaini did actually have his uses when he was here.
Fair points. It would be nice to have someone to bring on in the 60th-70th minute who can bring something different.

OverratedOpinion

He isn’t brilliant in the air, that was a lot of people’s main problem with him when he was here, may be a bigger guy but a bit lazy at winning headers
Is he a good passer? I just watched 3 minute youtube video and looked a good passer.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Just when you thought Ole specifically said, we're after players who will upgrade us, there comes Slimani, a striker that could help some teams avoid relegation and that's pretty much it.

This is what you get when you complain about Zlatan and Haland... you get Islam Slimani.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Where's all the people worrying about ruining Greenwoods development in this thread?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Where's all the people worrying about ruining Greenwoods development in this thread?
The assumption seems to be that it's a short term loan, it's unlikely we'll go for him as a permanent addition.

dutchred

Personally i would go for Badou (AZ). A young talented player who would complement and be competition for Rashford, Greenwood and Martial

Devil may care

Well Mason is mostly playing as a RWF and competing with James, but I don't really want to see this tumescent lump playing for us regardless.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Personally i would go for Badou (AZ). A young talented player who would complement and be competition for Rashford, Greenwood and Martial
Was he injured for the second game against us? I don't remember him playing and I erased the first game from my memory.

Judas

Open to offers
Playing him into the ground, over exposing him, putting too much weight on his shoulders and risking injuries is far more likely to ruin his development than us bringing in a striker on loan to save the season.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Might as well just try sign Giroud instead.
Whilst Chelsea would never allow it, I'd be all for a loan for Giroud, proven goal scorer, decent on the ball and has experience at the highest level.

lsd

The Oracle

We are looking for an experienced player who can do the job short term

Giggsyking

We are shit with a mediocre manager. So what to do to be better? Bring in a relegation team player.

dutchred

We are looking for an experienced player who can do the job short term
Are we?
If you follow our youth teams you will see we have a lot of talented defenders and midfielders but hardly any quality attackers. Last week in the youth cup aginst Norwich our attackers missed a hatful of chances. There is no decent young forward coming through ( I am assuming that Mason is now part of the first team)

Judas

Open to offers
Why do people not realise that we're looking for an emergency loan for the rest of the season. It seems obvious we're not looking for another young talent right now, and probably rightfully so, it's not the time for it.

stu_1992

I've no interest in us pursuing this on a permenant basis. And I'd imagine that's what it would take to get him. Yeah he's done pretty well this season in France but this is a weaker league than The Premier League. We know how he's fared in the Premier League previously and it's not well at all. Is he any likely to be better now 31 and at a club the size of which he's never played at before?

He's on loan at Monaco from Leicester. I don't think they are inclined to loan him to us unless there's some mandatory purchase option which would be an utter waste of money in the future.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Please shoot me im done! Is this what we have become now :houllier:
Be careful. All the do-gooders are out on force today. Don't be negative about the club will you. ;)

I almost laugh at the situation now. You couldn't make it up.

Lee565

Is he part of cultural reboot, what crock of bollocks that is turning out to be, it's really working out well when we are worse off than when Mourinho left and are scrambling around looking for cheap short term fixes.

Judas

Open to offers
Is he part of cultural reboot, what crock of bollocks that is turning out to be, it's really working out well when we are worse off than when Mourinho left and are scrambling around looking for cheap short term fixes.
Obviously not? I get why so many are angry on here, but the ability to remove any common sense from your thinking is impressive. There's so much to be annoyed about, but us trying to desperately get a short term fix isn't one of them. Would people rather we didn't? If we get someone like him in for 6 months and he's terrible, he just doesn't play, but I'd much rather we gamble than go with what we have, because what we have is simply not enough.

Sp00ks11

How the mighty fall. Going from the likes of Cantona, Yorke, Cole, Van Nistlerooy, Rooney, Tevez, Van Persie to bloody Slimani. If this doesn’t signal how much of a joke we are I don’t know what will. Haaland was available a few weeks ago.

Another 3 years at this current trajectory we will be in the championship. :lol::lol:

mu4c_20le

Be careful. All the do-gooders are out on force today. Don't be negative about the club will you. ;)

I almost laugh at the situation now. You couldn't make it up.
He's also linked with Spurs, could you make that up? Or are we on different levels now

Suv666

Dont believe this, no way we'd go for Slimani he couldnt hack it at LCFC for fecks sake. Clickbait BS

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Why go for someone that flopped in the Premier League?

beingshe7don

It's sad to watch the team reach these heights. Slimani seriously? The entire team needs revamping from top to bottom. If our scouts are recommending these options, I've no words.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
How the mighty fall. Going from the likes of Cantona, Yorke, Cole, Van Nistlerooy, Rooney, Tevez, Van Persie to bloody Slimani. If this doesn’t signal how much of a joke we are I don’t know what will. Haaland was available a few weeks ago.

Another 3 years at this current trajectory we will be in the championship. :lol::lol:
Don't forget Manucho, Bellion, Dong Fangzhou, Bebe and Alan Smith! All top brass strikers who passed through the club when we were in our pomp.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Bit harsh on Smith lumping him in with that lot :lol:
Such a good striker that he was converted to a defensive midfielder. :) To be fair, he was decent after the move.