Islam Slimani - Man Utd and Spurs interested

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Why go for someone that flopped in the Premier League?
Look, this is our level now. If you believe a top top player would join United then you're not seeing the obvious. People still rave on about we're United, biggest club in England, but that ship has sailed. No one cares what happened 10 years ago. If you're a top player now and you have 5 good offers on the table, you don't move to United. Neither when you're a top class talent

Machine Elements

In how many years?
Probably in 3 or 4 seasons as he scored a grand total of 2 league goals (1 in the mighty Turkish league in 15 games last season and 1 in PL in 16 games in 17-18) and 10 in the 46 games combined in all competitions in the last two seasons but OK we don't care about it. We actually have some fans who really think playing him as a 9 and shunting Martial out to the left wing is somehow a good idea. :houllier: If that was Mourinho doing it (at least he did it with Zlatan ffs), I swear they would be moaning to no end.

Acquire Me

Look, this is our level now. If you believe a top top player would join United then you're not seeing the obvious. People still rave on about we're United, biggest club in England, but that ship has sailed. No one cares what happened 10 years ago. If you're a top player now and you have 5 good offers on the table, you don't move to United. Neither when you're a top class talent
:lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He was great at Sporting Lisbon and also played well for Algeria at 2014 world cup.

Thought he'd be a great signing for Leicester but it really hasn't worked out like that (mainly due to them just sticking to one upfront and Vardy obviously being that guy).

We were actually linked with him a week ago. They asked Rodgers and he said it would be complicated as apparently Leicester don't have a recall on his loan so any interested party would have to sign him outright. Can't see you or Spurs doing that tbh.

He was a regular at Monaco until their change of manager.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
I thought I’d give you my 2 pence on this one.

We were linked with him for 2 to 3 seasons and he was fairly prolific for Sporting Lisbon, 48 goals in 82 appearances.

We were all fairly happy when we shelled out £28,000,000 for him. However, he just didn’t fit in. So by all accounts, he was a flop. We didn’t play football to suit his style. So whilst he was a semi effective plan B, his career with us, never got going. By all accounts, I don’t think we ever saw the best of him.

After a couple of disastrous loan spells at Newcastle and in Turkey, he’s thrived in France. Whilst is mostly the level where he can bully his way around the pitch. He was playing alongside Ben Yedder, which by all accounts is going to help you in a poor league.

He had a terrible attitude and apparently did not see eye to eye with several
Squad members at all. I don’t think we’d ever have him back, so have spent an eternity trying to recoup the money we wasted on him.

He also has a first touch like a baby elephant.

mu4c_20le

Would Leicester even terminate his loan just to give him to us? I don't see why they would, unless they A.) insist on an obligation to buy in the contract, or B.) they really want us to try and keep Chelsea and Spurs out of top 4.

vanderpants

Be careful. All the do-gooders are out on force today. Don't be negative about the club will you. ;)

I almost laugh at the situation now. You couldn't make it up.
Probably because we beat a lower league team 6 nil and they think it's all rosey and back on track :lol: and yes its laughable now, every other day the running of utd and it's useless owners makes me cringe

NoPace

I have no problems with a 4 month loan for a mid-table quality bullying striker of questionable class, considering Rashford's injury. Greenwood's best skill is his shooting and he seems to have an easier time doing that from the right then marked by center backs at the moment.

Irrational.

If we're looking at that calibre of striker then I wouldn't mind having a look at Mitrovic. Only 25, has a presence in the box and could be just what we need short term.

quackattack

If we're looking at that calibre of striker then I wouldn't mind having a look at Mitrovic. Only 25, has a presence in the box and could be just what we need short term.
Even long term. He's got a good 10 years as a target man, even got a decent amount of flair as well!

Castia

Should have offered Chicharito a 6 month deal if we’re going down the road of just getting anybody in for the sake of it.

quackattack

Should have offered Chicharito a 6 month deal if we’re going down the road of just getting anybody in for the sake of it.
I think our strikers are good enough (Not saying great, and not aying we don't need more dept). It's the delivery that lacks the most.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
This surely cannot be fecking true? A Leicester reject?

Dinghy

Getting a player like Arnautovic would feel like a world class signing compared to this.

ottosec

I see that Manchester United's midtablefication is proceeding according to plan...

Can't expect more with greedy owners, useless CEO, and a Championship level manager.

Marcelinho87

I think our strikers are good enough (Not saying great, and not aying we don't need more dept). It's the delivery that lacks the most.
I disagree, our strikers including Rashford fail at one thing for me and that is attacking the front post. Dan James for all his faults has put in some incredible balls this season and not one striker has attacked it, they all sit back waiting for the edge shot.

Chicharito was excellent at this, he attacked the front post every time and got a lot of goals doing so.

Not to mention, we don't have anybody to step up now Rashford is injured.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Remember when Timo Werner was available for dirt cheap in the Summer? 2nd top scorer in Bundesliga.

Remember when we could've got Ben Yedder for a reasonable fee? Top scorer in Ligue 1.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Remember when Timo Werner was available for dirt cheap in the Summer? 2nd top scorer in Bundesliga.

Remember when we could've got Ben Yedder for a reasonable fee? Top scorer in Ligue 1.
No EPL experience

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

This one grates on me massively. I thought he was the perfect replacement for Lukaku and a symbol of us moving style.

Redcy

No epl experience whereas slimani does. In fact if we can get him British citizenship all the better.