Ismael Bennacer

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The origin of this news is from a Algerian outlet but the story seems very vague and looks as if the agent is fishing.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I really have stopped watching football.
Who is this guy?

wolvored

Anything reported by the Sun and other red tops is usually made up most of the time.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I remember the first time I saw him play. I remember thinking, wow, so this is the guy I've just read about on the Caf.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Think he’s an Arsenal youth player.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I really have stopped watching football.
Who is this guy?
Arsenal signed him as a youngster from France and he later joined Empoli before moving to AC Milan. Plays in midfield and is 22 years old.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
He has actually had a very good season in a subpar Milan side. Absolutely wouldn't mind him at United, even though it'd be nice if he stayed at Milan and helped them continue the rebuild.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Supposedly reignited our interest again. Wonder if it's a de Jong contingency.

the_cliff

That's too bad. Him and De Jong would be a dream midfield base.
Trust me I agree, I feel Bennacer is a player that will end up at City or Chelsea in the near future and we'll regret it. A brilliant player and extremely press resistant. Going from McFred to Bennacer/De Jong would instantly make us a top 4 side again, It's just I'm Algerian and I know the paper that's reporting the link is full of shit.

tidraKS

This would be a great thing for us to happen and we all know italians are selling clubs. So, I'm just not sure if we're really interested.

A friend of me is a big fan of AC Milan, and I can say I've watched a lot of their games this year, and Bennacer could compliment Frenkie in the best way. He has energy, good tackles, but is also great with the ball in his feet.

Jones is probably leaving so #4 Bennacer looks great ;)

croadyman

This would be a great thing for us to happen and we all know italians are selling clubs. So, I'm just not sure if we're really interested.

A friend of me is a big fan of AC Milan, and I can say I've watched a lot of their games this year, and Bennacer could compliment Frenkie in the best way. He has energy, good tackles, but is also great with the ball in his feet.

Jones is probably leaving so #4 Bennacer looks great ;)
Yeah sounds like the perfect partner to complement him, however our interest appears to be zero so far

the_cliff

Been some reports from Italy recently about this, could be a backup in case De Jong doesn't work.

Would definitely take him over Neves and Tielemans, he's more of a Ten Hag player.

A good video demonstrating his press resistance. His part starts at 3 minutes.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Definitely makes more sense from a stylistic perspective than Neves or Tielemans ever would. Actually has traits in common with our most wanted midfield target.

Joeycha88

I think it’s good we are starting to see reports about other midfield options. We can’t be prisoner to FDJ/Barca circus.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don’t think there’s even that much between the two players. Difference in cost will be massive though. I take it the player would be open to such a move. It would leave us a lot of money/flexibility on the wage bill to keep tinkering. I really think we need to find more players at the 40/50 mark and develop them further.

Chief123

Having never watched him play, I can tell you he’s rubbish.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm getting him mixed up with a another player with a similar name I think.

the_cliff

The part I don’t get is why Milan agrees to sell him?
50m Euros release clause.

They are trying to renew his contract with a higher release clause but he's not budging on the price, he won't sign a new contract with a higher release clause.

city-puma

50m Euros release clause.

They are trying to renew his contract with a higher release clause but he's not budging on the price, he won't sign a new contract with a higher release clause.
Gotcha! Thanks! Is he one of the main contributors to Milan’s league success last season?

jeepers

There are also some reports saying it would be a Donny + cash deal, which would be a great deal. Getting out a sub for a potential starter, especially considering how Donny has done so far this preseason, pretty meh. I don’t see why Milan would do that deal though. Also, haven’t seen these reports pop up on Reddit or here so wouldn’t bother too much at the moment.

Gibb11

A bit injury prone, but what a class player, if the release clause is true I am actually suprised no one has gone for him in the past few transfer windows

the_cliff

A bit injury prone, but what a class player, if the release clause is true I am actually suprised no one has gone for him in the past few transfer windows
There aren't many teams with a big need for central midfielders, it's just United and Arsenal.

Don't see Arsenal spending 50mill on a player they let go for 6mill just 4 seasons ago.