Ismaila Sarr

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

flappyjay

Good. He’s shite. It’s annoying how Liverpool wanted him - got priced out - then went for Jota instead. Same with Lemar who would have flopped. They’ve had some luck.
Same with failing to get brandt so they got Salah instead.

ObscureBaguette

I don't relish the idea of being rejected in favour of Leeds, but at least it's a player so painfully average that we're better off without him. Seriously, any one of the players we're currently being linked with would be better than Sarr. I'd sign Guido Rodríguez for £100m before I sign Sarr.

Tommy79

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Is this under Klopp's tenure? I was just thinking he strikes me as a Liverpool type signing and one that would flourish there.
Yes. I think when we signed Jota that was the end of it, but we looked at him for a while before that.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
For real, you are using what essential is a mouthpiece for that club as your source :lol: That's as believable as reading Marca reporting on Barcelona and taking it as truth.
It's an independent publication owned by Reach - the parent company of some of the biggest media brands in the world. You may not like or even believe some of what those brands say, but that doesn't make it any less of a fact

Tommy79

It's an independent publication owned by Reach - the parent company of some of the biggest media brands in the world. You may not like or even believe some of what those brands say, but that doesn't make it any less of a fact
Err sorry but yes it bloody well does, as it's not ran by Reach just like the Daily Mirror who owns the Irish website known as Dublin news live is not ran by English people, but by locals just like that rag you used, or another of Reach's rags is the Liverpool echo which is ran by people from that cesspool city and not people in London where Reach is based, so yes I would not take the word of a local rag who knows it will lose customers if it doesn't post feel good stories for them.

Last edited:

Marcus

He has the raw materials. Maybe a repurposed rb or rwb? Our attacks down the right would be devastating.

Womp

idiot
I'm surprised so many are against him. He is all the technical attributes to be a very good player. I expect a coach like Ten Hag to get the most out of/improve players of this ilk.

Castia

What a mess.

3 months of summer and we’re linked with Sarr and Morata….imagine how incompetent you have to be to get into this position.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Good. He’s shite. It’s annoying how Liverpool wanted him - got priced out - then went for Jota instead. Same with Lemar who would have flopped. They’ve had some luck.
Nothing guarantees they'd have flopped, all it could take is the right club and coaching setup

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The player does play a bit of a part. You are correct though - we have signed bad players.
You're right too that the players are also important. All I do is look at Lemar and Bernardo, both were about the same level at Monaco, one could say Lemar was slightly better. After that they join very different teams and managers, the development of their football is a consequence of that.

soapythecat

Or a very robust scouting system. There transfer activity has been pretty spectacular if you ask me. A couple of failures but mostly brought players that have improved them or obvious future quality.

Judas

Open to offers
It's yet another surface level link to an obvious player. I doubt its even true, but the fact I could imagine it being real is ultimately rather depressing.

justsomebloke

I'm surprised so many are against him. He is all the technical attributes to be a very good player. I expect a coach like Ten Hag to get the most out of/improve players of this ilk.
Yes, but he seems to be less highly regarded than he was a couple of seasons ago, when it looked credible that he might explode into a major player. That theory hasn't really been strengthened in the last couple of seasons, all in all. Could turn out good of course, but all things considered it's not a rumour I get excited about.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Err sorry but yes it bloody well does, as it's not ran by Reach just like the Daily Mirror who owns the Irish website known as Dublin news live is not ran by English people, but by locals just like that rag you used, or another of Reach's rags is the Liverpool echo which is ran by people from that cesspool city and not people in London where Reach is based, so yes I would not take the word of a local rag who knows it will lose customers if it doesn't post feel good stories for them.
It's owned by Reach, who you clearly know nothing about. as I say, you can keep disputing facts but that doesn't stop them being facts

roseguy64

The fact Fletcher could have legitimately been watching 3 Watford attackers we might buy to improve us is more depressing - although I do rate Joao Pedro.
How is that depressing? Andy Robertson was at a relegated club before Liverpool signed him.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The fact Fletcher could have legitimately been watching 3 Watford attackers we might buy to improve us is more depressing - although I do rate Joao Pedro.
Lee sharpe came from Torquay, ole from molde, Keane from relegated forest. Club doesn’t matter, it’s about the players ability to progress.
That being said I think sarr is rubbish

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Right. Which is my point. I like Joao Pedro -I don’t care that he plays for Watford. The other two are players we could conceivably sign and would get games here - but are fairly shite.
I think people picked you up wrong and thought you were being “snobbish” about the clubs we buy from. But I agree on the players, they don’t belong here if we want to improve

roseguy64

Because they were relegated and two of them should be nowhere near Manchester United yet would still get games here due to how shite our current attacking options are. Next question?
If that helps you sleep at night I guess

JuriM

Off to Marseille, deserved to make a step up from Watford and show what he can do.