Ismaila Sarr

Delano

Surprised this has taken so long to become a link. Cheaper alternative to Sancho with good potential.

IrishRedDevil

Public knowledge that Liverpool were quoted £40m two weeks ago, but Ed Woodward must have sent our enquiry via smoke signals.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Whats he like player wise? I take it he is not at Sanchos level.

I Am Zlatan

Is he any good against teams who park the bus/in tight spaces? Is he more of a dribbler?

Spaghetti

Mom's
Transfer markt has him valued at 20 million - surely we are not going to pay double that for a Championship winger who was “ok” last season?

Chief123

He has lots of pace but needs space to run into. A better version of Dan James. Close control dribbling is not one of his key attributes. Nothing like Sancho other than plays in the same position.

Borussia Teeth

Is he any good against teams who park the bus/in tight spaces? Is he more of a dribbler?
He's a more polished Dan James. They have similar weaknesses. Both better on the counter. I think Sarr can improve in this regard though and I'd definitely have him (with Sancho).

marktan

Whats he like player wise? I take it he is not at Sanchos level.
He's tall and fast, a decent dribbler but not close to the level of his compatriot Mane. In all honest for £40m I think we'd be getting a raw deal, he's young and has potential but technically his level isn't high enough.

hobbers

Would have been a good upgrade on James/Lingard.

Had we already signed Sancho.

Laughable fall back option for someone who's supposed to be starting on the right wing in our best eleven.

Art

Art the artist
He's a very talented player who obviously needs nurturing and development time but showed us that on a good day he made a joke of the Liverpool defense. There's a reason Klopp is interested in the player. We should be too.

Tiber

Are we trying to sign a long term world class player or just trying to find someone who is better than Lingard?

Zoo

Would have been a good upgrade on James/Lingard.

Had we already signed Sancho.

Laughable fall back option for someone who's supposed to be starting on the right wing in our best eleven.
Or competing with Greenwood who is pretty mint tbf.

Roboc7

Have extra two weeks to sign players from Championship so we could spend even longer considering or preparing bids for likes of Sarr, King and Brooks.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
This would blatantly be one of those transfers that involves us selling the player for a low fee in 3 years when it becomes clear he's not good enough.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This would blatantly be one of those transfers that involves us selling the player for a low fee in 3 years when it becomes clear he's not good enough.
Pretty much. We go for our BTEC option and wonder why whoever signs Sancho in a year is pissing the league with ease. £40m, Jesus wept.

red thru&thru

Although we're bad at negotiations, I'm pretty positive Sarr would have been discussed when loaning Garner to Watford

Cathy Ferguson

He's tall and fast, a decent dribbler but not close to the level of his compatriot Mane. In all honest for £40m I think we'd be getting a raw deal, he's young and has potential but technically his level isn't high enough.
And it tends to stay that way. He is better than James but still mainly a speed merchant.

Chief123

Yup. Absolutely no idea what planet the people comparing him to Mane are on. He has very good movement in behind though.
As I’ve stated in the Sancho thread, there is no “alternative” to Sancho unless it’s Mbappe.

Sarr would just be an additional body. But I would have low expectations of him because he will genuinely have the same struggles Dan James has with low block teams.

hobbers

Have extra two weeks to sign players from Championship so we could spend even longer considering or preparing bids for likes of Sarr, King and Brooks.
Would take Benrahma over all of them.