Ismaila Sarr

flappyjay

Same level as James, sprints into good situations and messes things up at the important moment

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Same level as James, sprints into good situations and messes things up at the important moment
Yeah but, people bounce of him rather than James bouncing off everybody. Swear the corner flag knocked him over once

Hoof the ball

Thought he looked dangerous and seems technically a way better footballer than James. Havent seen much of him though
That's not saying much. His physical traits make him dangerous but there's not much more of a footballer in there than James. He has marginally better decision making, but against a team with men behind the ball he'd be as useless as James.

A-man

Crazy fast and Telles and Tuanzebe couldn’t really keep up. But in the end the speed felt like his only weapon.

jeepers

For the price that the press pulled out of their arses when linking him with us, he’s definitely not worth it. Overhyped player because of his brace against Liverpool. His finishing seems decent from what I’ve seen, but no idea how consistent it is, he could be a good weapon for counter-attacking sides, but not for 30-40m.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
There was talk about here being the next Mane but I thought he was very average yesterday. Like one of the posters said above he has pace as his main weapon.

Sea-Cow

I'd prefer Brooks if we were buying out of the Championship again.
If Brooks had just a little bit more pace he would be incredible. And I thought this before his major knee injury, so I imagine he hasn't magically improved his athleticism.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Played against us in the Fa Cup tie.
From what I remember he was consistently direct in running down the by-line but wasn't as consistent with his passing.
He was probably Watford's best offensive performer on the day, mind.

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
How's he been this season? Every time I've seen bit of Watford games lately I've not been that impressed.
And you’d be correct. He looked dangerous against us in the cup but then again he had nothing to lose. He’s not been any more effective than James though physically a hell of lot stronger

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Can we stop linking this player to us? He’s no different to James besides the latter puts more defensive work in. He’s not good enough

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
My thoughts too. The chief thinks otherwise
If we're getting a right winger we should at least look for qualities similar to what we were after in Sancho - dribbling, intelligence, pace and passing. Sarr may come good eventually but from what I've seen he's more about pace and strength than the rest of those things.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We probably wanted to buy him because he scored against Liverpool.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nothing to suggest he looks out of place even in the Championship, really. We’ve already got one of those wingers. Don’t need another.

beingshe7don

Lost his chance to join United. So many players ahead of him in the pecking order
In no particular order,
Neto, Moussa Diaby, Anthony, Sancho, Lookman, Leon Bailey, Marcus Thuram, O Dembele to name a few.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Have to say I thought he'd be a good signing of we could keep the price down. He's looked very average everytime I've seen him for Watford. João Pedro on the other hand...

SAFMUTD

Should be great of fifa or something, but as many have said before he's a stronger version of Daniel James. Fast and thats it.

Lee565

Hoping this is nothing but a more up to date version of the gaitan saga, we can do a lot better than this guy, what logic is there of going after guy over other similar priced wingers like Neto or villa's traore.

passing-wind

Back in the league, saw his performance on the opener his movement is brilliant. Looks competent technically it's no surprises he's getting goals.

Superden

Some of the comments here from just earlier this year havent aged very well at all.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
For me Emmanuel Dennis is Watford's best player but Sarr definitely has ability. Budget Mané and almost certainly less of a prick.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Sarr is showing how much he has matured over the past couple of seasons. He's a great player and would only look better in a team with more attacking quality. £40m would be a bargain for him now.