Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Fewer Tweets, More Discussion

Roane

If only America and the West had a successful record on such policing actions.
Yeah the history doesn't give hope. However I believe the situations are different. If you refer to likes of Iraq situation.

I think the channels between Israel and America would be different due to their relationship

Could be wrong about Israel's reaction, but imo you can't compare relationships to other countries.

owlo

The links to likes of China are weak at best and simple whataboutry at worst.

Let's be honest here the proverbial "leash" of Israel is currently firmly in the hands of America. America has potentially a lot of control over Israel not least because of the money it gives them, military aid, investments in weapon facilities (which contain American scientists) set up by and run by USA and then it buys the weapons etc from its own facilities with Israel the beneficiary two three times over.

America has no such control over the countries you mention or links. Friends of Israel is a real thing, can't even be elected if you don't become a part of it in many cases (UK also). No such impact is there for likes of China.

Apples and oranges springs to mind
Not really. They are all advanced nuclear powers sharing intelligence and economic interests.

You’re strongly overstating the pull that the US has on Israel. I’m sure it feeds into all the convenient conspiracy theories, but it’s not reality.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah the history doesn't give hope. However I believe the situations are different. If you refer to likes of Iraq situation.

I think the channels between Israel and America would be different due to their relationship

Could be wrong about Israel's reaction, but imo you can't compare relationships to other countries.
@JPRouve is correct, it would take generations of learning to live together and seeing each other as equal which they did once. Perhaps that's possible while jointly hating a bigger bully. I don't have the confidence to suggest anything myself other than sticking them all together in a Butlins Holiday Camp and giving them team exercises to complete day in, day out.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Whose your alternative?
Never said there was one. Just noticed a general tendency of incredible loathing of the West yet when it comes to human rights abuses and so forth, they only ever expect a reaction from the west and not the rest of the world.

Foxbatt

Please tell me there aren't people in here defending an openly antisemitic proscribed Jihadi terrorist group
No one here is defending Hamas. A few are defending an apartheid state hell bent on commiting genocide on a certain type of people.

Roane

Not really. They are all advanced nuclear powers sharing intelligence and economic interests.

You’re strongly overstating the pull that the US has on Israel. I’m sure it feeds into all the convenient conspiracy theories, but it’s not reality.
Please spare me the conspiracy theory line. 3.8b dollars in aid and 8b dollars in guaranteed loans, almost all on military assistance is reality not conspiracy theory.

Weapon making facilities paid for by America, with scientists from America and America then purchasing those weapons is not conspiracy theory, but reality.

I don't think the AMF was responsible for nuclear reactors in some of the other countries you listed earlier

diarm

You took one for the team here. If I hadn't seen your post I was coming in with the same!

It's a sorry state of affairs that we'd even assume someone might have that opinion for real.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
please show me posts defending them.
Get ready for a Youtube clip of Hamas.

You took one for the team here. If I hadn't seen your post I was coming in with the same!

It's a sorry state of affairs that we'd even assume someone might have that opinion for real.
@Moby

Same! I thought white text was mark of sarcasm on this forum.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

The line about having a spear in one hand should have been the give away.

Roane

Never said there was one. Just noticed a general tendency of incredible loathing of the West yet when it comes to human rights abuses and so forth, they only ever expect a reaction from the west and not the rest of the world.
They know who holds the key to their problems.

But also know who is often the cause or ongoing situation they are in.

Smores

I honestly can't quite gather how someone can respond in that way to a list of dead children.

Time for him to go on ignore. The worst of the worst.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Please tell me there aren't people in here defending an openly antisemitic proscribed Jihadi terrorist group
Defending innocent victims that include children and the elderly is not antisemitic. Do you not understand or know the difference ? There is Jihadi terrorists and then there are people, innocent people caught in the middle of a conflict Israel is directly responsible for. A conflict that was escalated within the past few days/weeks to serve as a distraction by one of your politicians. If you want someone to blame for your family living in a very comfortable bomb shelter blame them. Do not blame 2 and 5 year olds. Where is your heart ? The death of all these people are blood on Israel's hands and everyone who supports their actions. The fact that you continue to argue and totally ignore the difference is truly frightening. You need to take a hard look at yourself and understand the type of barbarism you are supporting.

Conor

I’m really struggling to understand how you’ve taken this from my posts.
Well you seem to be saying that you can't place any expectation of a practicing Israeli Jew to heed warnings of their own people's near past, when confronted with situations where an ethnic group is being persecuted and treated as second class citizens because of their faith. If that's not the case, then I'm sorry, but your post certainly reads that way.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
@Fearless what is your wish? Let's say you could decide how this all ends, what would you want to happen? Remove all Palestinians to neighbouring countries? Because you seem to have no problem with the current evictions.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
The left is mostly silent nowadays. I think it's mostly because Israel tends to be awfully militarist and turn right on days like that. You won't be able to change anything. All you'll get is abuse.

Personally I'm fine. I live quite far from the Gaza strip so most rockets don't reach my area. The poor sods who live around the strip are the ones regularly bombarded (not to mention those in it...).
That's a shame.

There seems to be quite a vocal Jewish voice now being heard in support of the Palestinians outside of Israel. To be honest, there always has been, but I definitely think it's larger than it has been before.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I was reading this earlier.

For anyone that can't understand - full article here.

https://www.algemeiner.com/2021/05/...like-that-and-true-muslims-are-not-like-these
He is absolutely correct. There is no justifiable reason to harm places of worship under any circumstances even during the time of war. Islam also forbids damage to trees, cattle, women, children, leaders of faith. Indiscriminate fire of rockets is also forbidden if not targeted at military installations. No ifs or buts.

Roane

Don't know how to post the clip. But just seen a clip on YT in an Israeli classroom. It was basically kids answering when asked what would they do to Arabs that they would kill them or keep them as slaves.

It reminded me of a clip on a documentary on the BJP when it was a banned organisation doing similar in village schools in India.

Roane

He is absolutely correct. There is no justifiable reason to harm places of worship under any circumstances even during the time of war. Islam also forbids damage to trees, cattle, women, children, leaders of faith. Indiscriminate fire of rockets is also forbidden if not targeted at military installations. No ifs or buts.
Places of worship aside the latter only applies to military war between militaries. In occupation and your civilians being targeted the rules are different.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Places of worship aside the latter only applies to military war between militaries. In occupation and your civilians being targeted the rules are different.
I'm sorry bro, I disagree. What is there to be gained by damaging a place of worship or killing innocents? It's a counterproductive PR for those struggling for a genuine cause.

Roane

I'm sorry bro, I disagree. What is there to be gained by damaging a place of worship? It's a counterproductive PR for those struggling for a genuine cause.
Sorry when I said places of worship aside I meant leave those.

It's the other stuff that changes and we have evidence for this in Quran and Hadith.

I will add that indiscriminately destroying places of worship. If they are being used as places to attack etc then they are legitimate targets.

Roane

Just received a video, banned from Facebook an Instagram of an Israeli soldier killing a small boy. Very much in the Floyd George method. Except he also uses his hands on the little boys throat as well as the knee on neck/back.

Absolutely horrific. Don't know how to post or.even if I want to.

Zlatattack