Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Fewer Tweets, More Discussion

Spoony

The People's President
Forcefully removed, I'd guess.

I'll add - the Israeli courts have already said there is no recourse for those evicted from Sheikh Jarrah to get their homes back. So, if they stay put, I'd assume they're going to get forcibly removed.
Removed and then what? No other properties where these folk can be forcefully relocated to?

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Thought this was an interesting read. How accurate is it, @2cents ?

I follow David Hirsh and also Dave Rich. Both have written on left wing antisemitism in the UK and Europe, and both have written in more detail in blogs and academic articles. I would recommend that you follow Hirsh and read more of what he has written, if only to better engage with that perspective.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain

Old video (at least a few years) but captures the mentality of your average Israeli.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Old video (at least a few years) but captures the mentality of your average Israeli.
None of the Israeli's ive met throughout my life have been anything like this. But I get that you want to sterotype them.

The Corinthian

I've met them all outside of Israel. But perhaps they all turn into ultra zionist doucebags the moment they cross the border back into Israel.
So, you've met zero in Israel. At least we're clear.

I'd say that they're mindful of their audience and how they come across when they're not protected by their fascist, nationalist gov't.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

I'd say that they're mindful of their audience and how they come across when they're not protected by their fascist, nationalist gov't.
This is so incredibly cynical and simplistic.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Israeli backpacker groups are supposedly not welcome in lots of popular places abroad either. I think it may have to do with the army training and the us against the world mentality. I’ve heard bad things about groups trashing places and being racist and obnoxious. Obviously it only takes a few bad apples but that video of that guy just above looks like more of it. I’d have knocked him clean out if he stuck his head into me like that

Last edited:

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I dont think you can claim a random video of the worst of Israel is the average anymore than you can look at and think thats your average Scot.
Having been to Scotland 4 times, I can confirm that this is exactly what the average Scot is like and I won't hear a word to convince me otherwise.

The Corinthian

I dont think you can claim a random video of the worst of Israel is the average anymore than you can look at and think thats your average Scot.
To be honest, (as mentioned to another poster), there's not really a left anymore when it comes to Israel. I asked a poster actually there about the situation.

I've also posted a few 'reformed Zionist' stories talking about the indoctrination they experience from a young age. I think the attitude shown by the Israeli in the video I posted, the arrogance and the whole "you see all this? It belongs to Israel" is quite a common mentality by the average Israeli. (However, note to self - I'll avoid making sweeping statements in the future). I've visited a there a couple of times, and it permeates their identity. I was there during a Jewish festival called Purim (think of a Jewish version of Halloween), and the young folk celebrating would stick Israeli flags, and graffiti on Palestinian shops and businesses in the Muslim quarter of the Old City. There's just very little respect, and they're undoubtedly looked down upon.

For a bit of context and from memory, the guy in the stripy t-shirt is an Arab with a small group of tourists showing them around his town.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
Israeli backpacker groups are supposedly not welcome in lots of popular places abroad either. I think it may have to do with the army training and the us against the world mentality. I’ve heard bad things about groups trashing places and being racist and obnoxious. Obviously it only takes a few bad apples but that video of that guy just above looks like more of it. I’d have knocked him clean out if he stuck his head into me like that
"I’ve heard"

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
To be honest, (as mentioned to another poster), there's not really a left anymore when it comes to Israel. I asked a poster actually there about the situation.

I've also posted a few 'reformed Zionist' stories talking about the indoctrination they experience from a young age. I think the attitude shown by the Israeli in the video I posted, the arrogance and the whole "you see all this? It belongs to Israel" is quite a common mentality by the average Israeli. (However, note to self - I'll avoid making sweeping statements in the future). I've visited a there a couple of times, and it permeates their identity. I was there during a Jewish festival called Purim (think of a Jewish version of Halloween), and the young folk celebrating would stick Israeli flags, and graffiti on Palestinian shops and businesses in the Muslim quarter of the Old City. There's just very little respect, and they're undoubtedly looked down upon.

For a bit of context and from memory, the guy in the stripy t-shirt is an Arab with a small group of tourists showing them around his town.
I have a real hard time getting on board with anything that paints a group of people as all or even mostly one thing. Id need a lot more than just one video of a guy being a prick.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
I've also posted a few 'reformed Zionist' stories talking about the indoctrination they experience from a young age. I think the attitude shown by the Israeli in the video I posted, the arrogance and the whole "you see all this? It belongs to Israel" is quite a common mentality by the average Israeli. (However, note to self - I'll avoid making sweeping statements in the future).
Just on this point, I would add that it is important not to use this phrase, given that over 1 in 5 Israelis are Israeli Arabs. Given their position in Israeli society, if we make statements about average Israelis when referring to right wing Jewish Israelis (I presume), we are in danger of simply equating an Israeli to Jewishness, which again inadvertently excludes 20% of the population of the country.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Yes. He obviously doesn't even know the combatants he's defending in this conflict, but more interested in how much I'm getting paid to educate him.
Educate? :lol:

Should you not be dancing in the streets shouting death to Arab kids

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
Just on this point, I would add that it is important not to use this phrase, given that over 1 in 5 Israelis are Israeli Arabs. Given their position in Israeli society, if we make statements about average Israelis when referring to right wing Jewish Israelis (I presume), we are in danger of simply equating an Israeli to Jewishness, which again inadvertently excludes 20% of the population of the country.
Excellent point.