Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Nicola Sturgeon denounces the Israeli violence against the Palestinians, as has the Scottish leader of the Labour party.
Finally! As long as politicians can leave anti Semitism out of it, the Israelis' ploy of regularly playing that card to cover these terrorist activities may begin to dilute.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Was he not meant to be doing time for some corruption? Hope he gets the nick with some big rapey guy who takes a liking to his racist arse
Yes he was but unfortunately he got away with it. At least for now.

:lol:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Attacking muslims in mosque during the most sacred night in the year for them. Terrorism at it's finest but police have no beard so no real coverage about it in the western media.

snk123

Awful - in this day and age with everyone has mobile phones and social media - the gall of the Israeli forces to commit blatant terrorism is shocking.

Kaos

Awful - in this day and age with everyone has mobile phones and social media - the gall of the Israeli forces to commit blatant terrorism is shocking.
Not really, they've been accustomed to being bullet proof towards any diplomatic repercussions. So long as the major Western powers (The US) give them carte blanche to commit colonial terrorism without reprisals then they see no reason to tone it down. Any sort of condemnation is twisted into being interpreted as a hate crime, so individual politicians are often terrified to voice any strong concern. The Palestinians themselves have no real allies or external powers to voice concerns on their behalf except for...Iran? The neighbouring Arab states certainly couldn't care, whereas Erdogan is just doing his usual lip service while still maintaining a chummy under the table relationship with Israel. In short, the Palestinians are fecked, and there's nothing anyone could do about it.

Fair play to Sturgeon though for speaking up.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
:confused: it’s all over the media
My mistake if true, but I am not really seeing it as when terrorist act happens when people with muslim names are involved. People here are saying instagram and facebook are hiding videos too, and this thread is two pages long with not many links posted. If it was all over the news pretty sure more people here would have been posting.

Roane

So we are able to make the direct links between what’s happening in Palestine and Islamophobia in the UK.

“Elad, the settler group stealing homes in Sheikh Jarrah right now, is funded by the same orgs that funded Tommy Robinson, Katie Hopkins, Henry Jackson Society (who brought us Prevent through Student Rights project) and Center for Security Policy (who brought us Trump Muslim ban).”

Also, don’t forget, over 100 UK-based companies selling arms to Israeli occupation forces.

Courtesy of Lowkey

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Whats the justification for beating up worshipers inside the mosque ? Im not aware of this latest transgression.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
So we are able to make the direct links between what’s happening in Palestine and Islamophobia in the UK.

“Elad, the settler group stealing homes in Sheikh Jarrah right now, is funded by the same orgs that funded Tommy Robinson, Katie Hopkins, Henry Jackson Society (who brought us Prevent through Student Rights project) and Center for Security Policy (who brought us Trump Muslim ban).”

Also, don’t forget, over 100 UK-based companies selling arms to Israeli occupation forces.

Courtesy of Lowkey
No you can't say that or Rachel Riley will put your face on a T-Shirt.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Hardly. At least here in America I'm hardly seeing it. Had the tables been turned we know what would have happened..
No 40 pagers on the caf with the usual suspects either, who are unsurprisingly quiet.

kidbob

This reminds me so much of the conflict of Britain and Ireland. Two opposing sides who are typically religiously opposed but the real conflict will always be about governance and land. In the end the only end to the main conflict was for Britain to cede control of the Republic but obviously the North still remains a point of contention. The only real end to this conflict, in my eyes, is for Israel to cede control of land and allow the Palestinians to create their own country. There will still be trouble and violence of course but that is the only way. Unfortunately I feel we may be generations away from that being a possibility, if in fact it ever is.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
It saddens me that Israelis can go to sleep at night knowing what they do and what they stand for. It's a shock there are actual humans like this in the world.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
This reminds me so much of the conflict of Britain and Ireland. Two opposing sides who are typically religiously opposed but the real conflict will always be about governance and land. In the end the only end to the main conflict was for Britain to cede control of the Republic but obviously the North still remains a point of contention. The only real end to this conflict, in my eyes, is for Israel to cede control of land and allow the Palestinians to create their own country. There will still be trouble and violence of course but that is the only way. Unfortunately I feel we may be generations away from that being a possibility, if in fact it ever is.
Will never happen. Israel is slowly absorb palestine along the XXI century and palestinians will be a minority in their own country as they will keep abandoning it to vicinity countries

kidbob

Will never happen. Israel is slowly absorb palestine along the XXI century and palestinians will be a minority in their own country as they will keep abandoning it to vicinity countries
Yeah I agree. Its so sad though for the innocent people on both sides. Its always them that suffer at the hands of extremists.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Yeah I agree. Its so sad though for the innocent people on both sides. Its always them that suffer at the hands of extremists.
I agree. Though it seems a oneside gig for a while IMO

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
This reminds me so much of the lessons learnt from the story of Moses (Musa) AS, and Firon (Pharoah)

The incredible story, in its totality, represents the eternal struggle and conflict between the oppressors and the oppressed. Like every conflict, there will be an end, and that end is always the defeat and obliteration of tyranny and oppression.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
This reminds me so much of the lessons learnt from the story of Moses (Musa) AS, and Firon (Pharoah)

The incredible story, in its totality, represents the eternal struggle and conflict between the oppressors and the oppressed. Like every conflict, there will be an end, and that end is always the defeat and obliteration of tyranny and oppression.
In a fariytale like the bible yes. In real life, tyranny and oppression only morphs

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Even in real life the greater good in people ultimately destroys tyranny and oppression. History is proof.
I guess we have different perceptions of reality (history is just a written part of what happened even not truthful)

Raven

Courtesy of Lowkey
It's annoying how blatant these things are. I've long suspected people like Stephen Yaxley Lennon and Katie Hopkins were bought and paid for agent provocateurs.

Roane

DOAM (documenting oppression against muslims) have had their Instagram banned for posting the Al Aqsa attacks

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-middle-east-54237970

An investigation by BBC News Arabic has found that Russian oligarch, Roman Abramovich, controls companies that have donated $100m to an Israeli settler organisation.

Elad operates in occupied East Jerusalem. By allowing settlement activity in the area Israel is considered to be in breach of international law. Israel disputes this view.

Analysis of bank documents has revealed that Chelsea football club's owner, Abramovich, is the biggest single donor to the organisation. The bank documents - known the FinCEN Files - were leaked to BuzzFeed News, then shared with the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) and the BBC.

Elad also runs the City of David and other archaeological sites, visited by a million tourists each year in Jerusalem.

There are arguments that Israel is breaking international law by allowing exploratory archaeological digs to be carried out in occupied land.

Foxbatt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-middle-east-54237970

An investigation by BBC News Arabic has found that Russian oligarch, Roman Abramovich, controls companies that have donated $100m to an Israeli settler organisation.

Elad operates in occupied East Jerusalem. By allowing settlement activity in the area Israel is considered to be in breach of international law. Israel disputes this view.

Analysis of bank documents has revealed that Chelsea football club's owner, Abramovich, is the biggest single donor to the organisation. The bank documents - known the FinCEN Files - were leaked to BuzzFeed News, then shared with the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) and the BBC.

Elad also runs the City of David and other archaeological sites, visited by a million tourists each year in Jerusalem.

There are arguments that Israel is breaking international law by allowing exploratory archaeological digs to be carried out in occupied land.
yes when the British Government refused to extend his visa for being too pally with Putin, Abramovich, got himself an Israeli passport and citizenship.

space

Horrifying what is happening... so much silence in the media and when it is shown on mainstream channels people are calling it 'clashes' - this is full blown ethnic cleansing. My heart aches for the people of Palestine. I can't get the images of those families trying to get back into their home out of my head.

DavidDeSchmikes

9 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli airstrikes on Gaza per Palestinian Health Ministry according to NBC

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
The BBC's reporting of this is so one-eyed, it's actually disgusting.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
The BBC's reporting of this is so one-eyed, it's actually disgusting.
I suspect it's similar in most western nations. In portuguese media is the same, the most read online newspaper describes it as "palestinians confronting the police". Pretty sick, and the random joe buys it, you just gotta read the comments section.