Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Ignore him, don't respond to him but remove him and you miss the chance to see what he is like. The things he says and his behaviour is worth knowing about. If you can't bear to put up with it, place him on ignore. However arguing with him allows him to expose his thoughts and behaviours.
It's good insight and helps us understand how they can justify the actions of the chosen ones.They are all totally brainwashed.

rotherham_red

Remember the threads defending France's bullshit muscular forms of liberalism? Well there you go.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Remember the threads defending France's bullshit muscular forms of liberalism? Well there you go.
It's fair to mention that it's only in Paris, other cities have allowed protests. So it would be nice to not make general statements about a particular decision that is not really popular.

MDFC Manager

What part of Israel's strategy of getting it's own kids killed don't you understand?
Don't stoop to his level mate.
You can't debate someone who's only here to troll and argue in bad faith. Yesterday he was comparing Palestinians to aroused men trying to get into a women's shelter, but conveniently disappeared after I called him out on it.
Someone is eventually going to get triggered and say something nasty in return. People like @Pagh Wraith will then cry "antisemitism!"

rotherham_red

It's fair to mention that it's only in Paris, other cities have allowed protests. So it would be nice to not make general statements about a particular decision that is not really popular.
This is just one example of it. The burqa ban is another, where it also would have been "nice to not make general statements about a particular decision that is not really popular".

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Why would Paris specifically banned this protest? Political leaning of the city leaders?

snk123

This is just one example of it. The burqa ban is another, where it also would have been "nice to not make general statements about a particular decision that is not really popular".
The burqa ban you can give them the benefit of doubt - but the hijab ban was just outright racism. Just amazing what the west can get away with and then lecture all others about human rights. I can't fathom this.

jeff_goldblum

In addition to what’s said above, warning / banning folks for disagreements about history wouldn’t be a good look.
I guess the issue, and it's not just confined to this thread, is that we've all seen people post stuff that's entirely beyond the pale, get a stern word and a rap on the knuckles and then come straight back in with the same opinions and arguments, except couched in more ambiguous language to avoid a ban. We also see people who have no intention to debate in good faith taking over threads, winding others up and generally lowering the quality of discussion.

Obviously discussions should be open to people with different viewpoints, but we shouldn't allow extremists and bad-faith artists to dominate threads simply because they've learnt how to be dreadful within the rules. Frankly, repeated bad faith arguments should be a thread-bannable offence, especially when they've shown their true colours on here in the past when things were a bit more lax.

snk123

Has any footballer condemned what's going on? I know people say these things don't matter but anyone with a following is an important voice - Pogba has 50m followers on social media but I don't see any post from his account. Global condemnation by influential people may make a difference.

JPRouve

Scout
The burqa ban you can give them the benefit of doubt - but the hijab ban was just outright racism. Just amazing what the west can get away with and then lecture all others about human rights. I can't fathom this.
There is no hijab ban in France.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Has any footballer condemned what's going on? I know people say these things don't matter but anyone with a following is an important voice - Pogba has 50m followers on social media but I don't see any post from his account. Global condemnation by influential people may make a difference.
Arsenal's Elneny did, much to their sponsors annoyance.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Hello Graeme.

JPRouve

Scout
Why would Paris specifically banned this protest? Political leaning of the city leaders?
The official reason was that the previous protest led to chaos. For me that's poor argument because every other big cities authorized it and it wasn't really chaos.

Halftrack

What oates says below is very on point.

In addition to what’s said above, warning / banning folks for disagreements about history wouldn’t be a good look.
I'm not saying he should be punished for having an opinion, but actually held to a standard. It's fine if people want to be obstinate idiots in some football thread on here, because it's football. We're discussing an actual, factual ethnic cleansing here, and then you've got homestar over there saying "well, they had it coming, they want their own kids to be killed" and comparing Palestinians to horny men trying to get into a battered women's shelter. It's disgusting.
Don't stoop to his level mate.
Unlike him, I don't actually mean it, but I agree it that I should hold myself to a higher standard.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
The official reason was that the previous protest led to chaos. For me that's poor argument because every other big cities authorized it and it wasn't really chaos.
There were synagogues attacked in 2014 weren’t there? Is that the reason given?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I honestly believe this situation has the capacity to start another world war.
Iraq, Iran and Jordan involved now, uprisings in Europe, political pressure put on the Israeli leaning European nations.
Doesn't look good.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Iraq, Iran and Jordan involved now, uprisings in Europe, political pressure put on the Israeli leaning European nations.
Doesn't look good.
How so?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Doesn't look good.
How are Jordan & Iraq involved?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Doesn't look good.
I doubt it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Doesn't look good.
Beyond public protests, how are Iraq and Jordan involved ?

Gehrman

A protest against the Israli embassy was handled a similar manner here in Copenhagen, Denmark. For "running out of control". I don't know much about the details to be honest.

JPRouve

Scout
There were synagogues attacked in 2014 weren’t there? Is that the reason given?
Synagogues and a lot of heinous, antisemite rhetoric. And yes that's the reason given by Paris prefect.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Beyond public protests, how are Iraq and Jordan involved ?
Irans Foreign minister cancelling a visit to Austria over flying an Israeli flag, protests in Iraq and Jordan signify high levels of support for Hamas, multiple countries journalists killed in an Israeli attack.
Doesn't look good.

Gehrman

Irans Foreign minister cancelling a visit to Austria over flying an Israeli flag, protests in Iraq and Jordan signify high levels of support for Hamas, multiple countries journalists killed in an Israeli attack.
Doesn't look good.
Not really WW3 stuff considering that Israel compared to the 6 day war and the last time Israel invaded Lebanon. The increased prevalence of social media though might lead to more extreme protests and noise than we have seen previously.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Doesn't look good.
Iran is obviously already involved given their posture on Israel and material support for Hamas. Iraq seems to have protests but no tangible action by their government. The Israelis also just signed peace agreements with several Arab states, which likely means they won't get involved.

Last edited: