Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Fewer Tweets, More Discussion

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Is it under investigation or something?
The reference to person calling for the FA to suspend Elnany was what prompted my question. Not sure if there is an investigation or not.

The FA is behind the kneel, aren’t they? I couldn’t see them suspending Elnany for his support of the Palestinians.

But I could very well be mistaken.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I'm currently watching Fox News and they're saying Hamas is trying to make Israel look bad by putting out misinformation. This is the type of coverage that's being aired across America. Apparently Hamas has been using all the aid they've received to build tunnels to get closer to Tel Aviv and attack innocent Israelis.

Withnail

The reference to person calling for the FA to suspend Elnany was what prompted my question. Not sure if there is an investigation or not.

The FA is behind the kneel, aren’t they? I couldn’t see them suspending Elnany for his support of the Palestinians.

But I could very well be mistaken.

Oh sorry I looked back by it couldn't see any other posts bar yours.

Had a look online and club sponsor Lavazza aren't happy but the club are backing him as he's entitled to his own views.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Oh sorry I looked back by it couldn't see any other posts bar yours.

Had a look online and club sponsor Lavazza aren't happy but the club are backing him as he's entitled to his own views.
As well the club should.

But the FA could succumb to external pressure.

Hope to hell not.

The fact that the tweet itself prompted the official to demand that the FA suspend him is bizarre. If the tweet was inflammatory, pushback would be understandable, but it’s completely benign.

It smacks of manufactured, opportunistic outrage to me.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
As well the club should.

But the FA could succumb to external pressure.

Hope to hell not.

The fact that the tweet itself prompted the official to demand that the FA suspend him is bizarre. If the tweet was inflammatory, pushback would be understandable, but it’s completely benign.

It smacks of manufactured, opportunistic outrage to me.
:lol: :lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
This is making me sick in my stomach. How could this be allowed to happen?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Viewer discretion advised - there’s dead children who’s bodies have been mutilated due to the air strikes in this video.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This is making me sick in my stomach. How could this be allowed to happen?
Why are the atrocities in Tigray allowed to happen? Why are the camps in Xinjiang allowed to happen?

The West can't intervene everywhere.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Why are the atrocities in Tigray allowed to happen? Why are the camps in Xinjiang allowed to happen?

I’m not even asking for an intervention. There doesn’t seem to be any condemnation.

Fluctuation0161

I did a thread search for the term "identical" and I see no accusation made by @lefty_jakobz .

I'm not sure if it is obfuscation, poor comprehension or something else on you behalf but none of your demands are necessary or even helpful in the drawing of parallels (or in making any criticisms of such parallels) between Israel and Apartheid South Africa. The very idea that a system of government in South Africa from almost 30 years ago would have 'identical policies' to a government in the Middle East today regardless of their shared or differing ideologies displays a weird ignorance. The Apartheid South African government itself had policies that were not 'identical' 'policies to previous iterations of the same system.

Your post makes you look arrogant, petulant, puerile and a fool. However I will not suggest you are any of those things, and I will give you the good grace of believing your errors were in good faith and were simply a product of you being out of your depth.
Fair.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Absolutely nothing on American TV except for the few interviews that paints Hamas as the aggressor.
Along with the perfunctory support platitudes for Israel.

The gang & a few others have been critical of Israel, but I don’t even see those being broadcast widely, just the criticisms of the rest denouncing what they are saying.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

That's a bit disingenuous. Certain western countries fund Israel, so they could easily intervene in this situation.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Objectively speaking, if there’s a legitimate military target in such a building in such a location, how else does an opposing force deal it?

Unfortunately, the result is the inevitable horror of conflict.
Your first question implies Gaza is a legitimate military target.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Love him.
Came here to post this.

Israel is an abhorrent force in the world, and their heinous acts are being enabled by most of the governments of the Western world. The same governments who go on and on about human rights, freedom of speech and all that nonsense.

The hypocrisy is sickening. The world is fecked.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That's a bit disingenuous. Certain western countries fund Israel, so they could easily intervene in this situation.
Western leaders have little power in this if their publics support the Israeli narrative. In the US, it is political suicide to be perceived as anti-Israel - both Republicans and most Democrats would view such a thing negatively, which is why the President of the United States is limited to backchannel negotiations with Netenyahu and the Egyptions.