Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pretty sure this is against the forum rules.

"Using rape or cancer references as an analogy is not acceptable."

Taken from the Rules Violations section of the site.
Yes - its been used by a number of posters in this thread and needs to stop.

Zlatattack

Meanwhile in Palestine...

Israeli soldiers arrest a Palestinian schoolgirl - ISRAEL HAS THE RIGHT TO DEFEND ITSELF

Also Israeli Settlers shot dead a Palestinian farmer and mutilated his body - ISRAEL HAS THE RIGHT TO DEFEND ITSELF

Also Israeli security forces shot and killed Palestinian security officers -ISRAEL HAS THE RIGHT TO DEFEND ITSELF

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-57424504

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Yikes.

So because it's happened before, you support it now. I'll make sure to take your posts with the necessary sack of salt in future.
Support?
I think it's unrealistic to expect that you can roll back time and change what happened in the 30's and later of the last century.
Facts have been created with weapons, wars and endless discussions for 90 years now. I'm saying this is where we stand.
No peace agreement has been reached. So, given that I understand that Israel will take every measure to ensure maximum security for its citizens. That simply means that they will attack, hit as hard as possible and children will die (as they die in every conflict).

As I posted earlier, it's been a complicated process - and many participants have contributed to the status that we have reached now (this is not just on Israel). And yes, PLO, Fatah and their supporters have done a really bad job at times as well. They could have gotten a much better deal for the Palestinian people - probably between 48 and 67 - but also later.

Now, we were mainly talking about the recent clashes. And I see Hamas as the sole aggressor in this case - I think ditching people from their homes does not warrant a missile attack. You disagree with that? Fine. Could I be wrong? Of course! Will my opinion or actions change anything about the situation in Israel? Not a chance. So, for me this is just a discussion. Nothing more.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Support?
I think it's unrealistic to expect that you can roll back time and change what happened in the 30's and later of the last century.
Facts have been created with weapons, wars and endless discussions for 90 years now. I'm saying this is where we stand.
No peace agreement has been reached. So, given that I understand that Israel will take every measure to ensure maximum security for its citizens. That simply means that they will attack, hit as hard as possible and children will die (as they die in every conflict).

As I posted earlier, it's been a complicated process - and many participants have contributed to the status that we have reached now (this is not just on Israel). And yes, PLO, Fatah and their supporters have done a really bad job at times as well. They could have gotten a much better deal for the Palestinian people - probably between 48 and 67 - but also later.

Now, we were mainly talking about the recent clashes. And I see Hamas as the sole aggressor in this case - I think ditching people from their homes does not warrant a missile attack. You disagree with that? Fine. Could I be wrong? Of course! Will my opinion or actions change anything about the situation in Israel? Not a chance. So, for me this is just a discussion. Nothing more.
Oh my God. How do walk and breathe at the same time?

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Meanwhile in Palestine...

Israeli soldiers arrest a Palestinian schoolgirl - ISRAEL HAS THE RIGHT TO DEFEND ITSELF

Also Israeli Settlers shot dead a Palestinian farmer and mutilated his body - ISRAEL HAS THE RIGHT TO DEFEND ITSELF

Also Israeli security forces shot and killed Palestinian security officers -ISRAEL HAS THE RIGHT TO DEFEND ITSELF

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-57424504

Easily explained...the 7 year old must have been an anti-semite, and the farmer was farming on land that belonged to a settler family most likely related to @fearfull

Raven

Support?

They were forcibly evicting people and then brutally attacked the holiest site on the holiest month of the year with tear gas and rubber (coated) bullets, not only injuring peaceful worshippers but vandalizing the mosque itself. What can Palestinians do exactly? This is why they're pushed into the arms of fecking lunatics like Hamas.

People are just people, generally speaking, all they want is a comfortable life where they're free to do as they please. If the state of Israel was willing to offer all citizens equal rights and recognise the state of Palestine, the appetite for terror/rebellion diminishes massively. Israel has the power to end this whenever they like, they choose not to.

Zlatattack

The Israeli military destroying roads and water supplies to Palestinian villages in the West Bank. - ISRAEL HAS A RIGHT TO DEFEND ITSELF

The Original

They were forcibly evicting people and then brutally attacked the holiest site on the holiest month of the year with tear gas and rubber (coated) bullets, not only injuring peaceful worshippers but vandalizing the mosque itself. What can Palestinians do exactly? This is why they're pushed into the arms of fecking lunatics like Hamas.

People are just people, generally speaking, all they want is a comfortable life where they're free to do as they please. If the state of Israel was willing to offer all citizens equal rights and recognise the state of Palestine, the appetite for terror/rebellion diminishes massively. Israel has the power to end this whenever they like, they choose not to.
You must know that's not true. The evictions were the subject of a court case which was postponed, so no evictions. And the reason the mosque was raided was because people from the mosque were throwing stones due to anger at not being allowed to gather at a nearby area.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
You must know that's not true. The evictions were the subject of a court case which was postponed, so no evictions. And the reason the mosque was raided was because people from the mosque were throwing stones due to anger at not being allowed to gather at a nearby area.
Of course he knows. And probably understands that Abbas's cancelled election (in fear of a Hamas victory) allowed Hamas to show themselves as the voice of the Palestinians, so any spark would do.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
One of the very few things I agree with fearless is the election.
One of the worst things that happened to the Palestinians recently was Abu Mazen.
Unfortunately, Fatah are apparently now split into three competing factions, which clears a path for Hamas to easily win the next elections. This will in turn probably expedite the Bennett government to finalize its annexation of the West Bank, which will then probably lead to another war with Hamas.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
And that’s officially that, Netanyahu is out (for the moment), Naftali Bennett is the new PM.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He’ll have to hand over to Lapid (centrist) after 2 years. Is that set in stone or is there a chance Naftali will want to cling onto power?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He’ll have to hand over to Lapid (centrist) after 2 years. Is that set in stone or is there a chance Naftali will want to cling onto power?
He won't have any choice but to abide by the agreement with Lapid. If he doesn't the already shaky coalition will fall apart and Netenyahu will probably try to return as PM.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Yes, and and un ultra nationalists Hamas are issuing threats if Jews walk through their own capital.
Well they wanted to walk through Damascus gate and through the Muslim quarter which is incendiary given what’s happened over the last month and is still ongoing now. Maybe we should let Palestinians march through the Jewish quarter?

The authorities are directing it via Jaffa gate I think at the moment.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
Well they wanted to walk through Damascus gate and through the Muslim quarter which is incendiary given what’s happened over the last month and is still ongoing now. Maybe we should let Palestinians march through the Jewish quarter?

The authorities are directing it via Jaffa gate I think at the moment.
Yes, though it may go through some Arabs markets (which are amazing). Hope it doesn't kick off as it usually doesn't every year.