Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Fewer Tweets, More Discussion

IhabX7

These absolute maniacs are on the attack again. “A ton (explosives) for every balloon”. Sickening.

rotherham_red

Can one of the caf's resident apartheid apologists rationalise this for me please? Does a peace loving nation intentionally enflame the tensions of a population it has subjugated and occupied in this manner?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

Can one of the caf's resident apartheid apologists rationalise this for me please? Does a peace loving nation intentionally enflame the tensions of a population it has subjugated and occupied in this manner?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
But but hamas.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona

Maybe its "biological anti-semitism" to breathe the air of Israelis? Denying them the right to live. They will come up with an excuse.

Sickening.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
It's not actually sewage though is it...

It's skunk water.... it is a chemical that does not cause harm but is incredibly vile to smell... its marketed as a crowd dispursal alternative to Cs spray, rubber bullets or sending in troops... its sold by odortec...their US distributor is mistral security who have contracts with several US police departments for it

So it's not actially sewage (though it smells like it but worse) ...

There are several alleged cases of it being used pretty indiscriminately when crowds have not been present though my understanding is in this particular case it was to dispurse a crowd and as vile as sure it smells I'm not sure rubber bullets or tear gas would have been a better alternative

A better alternative would be a situation where things like this don't happen... but I'm not sure false reporting and saying sewage is being sprayed is going to help us get there... that said I have no idea what will help us get there

Raoul

Admin
Staff

It's skunk water.... it is a chemical that does not cause harm but is incredibly vile to smell... its marketed as a crowd dispursal alternative to Cs spray, rubber bullets or sending in troops... its sold by odortec...their US distributor is mistral security who have contracts with several US police departments for it

There are several alleged cases of it being used pretty indiscriminately when crowds have not been present though my understanding is in this particular case it was to dispurse a crowd and as vile as sure it smells I'm not sure rubber bullets or tear gas would have been a better alternative

A better alternative would be a situation where things like this don't happen... but I'm not sure false reporting and saying sewage is being sprayed is going to help us get there... that said I have no idea what will help us get there
This is the trouble with the rage olympics on social media. A term like sewage gets used by some dodgy source, then gets retweeted endlessly. Turns out it was neither sewage nor Al-Aqsa (but rather Damascus gate)

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
This is the trouble with the rage olympics on social media. A term like sewage gets used by some dodgy source, then gets retweeted endlessly. Turns out it was neither sewage nor Al-Aqsa (but rather Damascus gate)
Yea mate, the Palestinians should be thankful that they weren't being fired at by rubber bullets this time, nor was the water actual sewage. It's embarrassing that they're making a melee out of this.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Yea mate, the Palestinians should be thankful that they weren't being fired at by rubber bullets this time, nor was the water actual sewage. It's embarrassing that they're making a melee out of this.
Fricking Palestinians. They've never had it so good. :rolleyes:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Agreed. Rubber bullets would seem over the top to disperse protesters.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Thank god it was only benign skunk water being sprayed on a culturally insignificant place like Damascus Gate.
I mean that would be news worth in its self right (probably less news worthy than Cs gas or troops going in with rubber bullets though).... makes you question either the agenda or competence of whoever reported it as sewage at Al Aqsa

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I mean that would be news worth in its self right (probably less news worthy than Cs gas or troops going in with rubber bullets though).... makes you question either the agenda or competence of whoever reported it as sewage at Al Aqsa
Its generally always this way. People who are advocates on one side or another reposting things that pop up on their feeds to a battalion of apoplectic followers, who in turn do the same. Its not at all unusual for fact checking to take a back seat to point scoring.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Palestinians really are sad, trying to exagerate incidents to get media attention. Electronic anti-semetism to try and take the attention away from Israeli's being terrified by fire-balloons and focus on themselves through lying.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Palestinians really are sad, trying to exagerate incidents to get media attention. Electronic anti-semetism to try and take the attention away from Israeli's being terrified by fire-balloons and focus on themselves through lying.
That's an interesting perspective, given the recent "conflict" lead to the deaths of 12 Israelis and 256 Palestinians.

I bet they are sad, though. I would be too.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
https://www.dci-palestine.org/israeli_interrogator_sexually_assaults_palestinian_child_detainee

The boy alleges the individual then knocked him to the floor while blindfolded and raped him with an object, according to documentation collected by DCIP. The individual threatened that the sexual violence would continue unless he confessed to the allegations against him.

The boy was then made to stand against a wall, where the individual inflicted extreme pain on his genitals. “There are no words to describe that moment,” the boy told DCIP. The Captain subsequently threatened the boy, telling him that the physical and sexual violence would continue if he told his lawyer what had occurred.
A 2015 study on sexual torture by Israeli authorities found that the sexual torture of adult Palestinian male detainees by Israeli authorities is systematic, and includes verbal sexual harassment, forced nudity, and physical sexual assault.

rotherham_red

Where's the crowd? I certainly didn't see any in that vid

rotherham_red

The Damascus gate is practically Al Aqsa, let's not go into linguistic gymnastics here. It's the main entrance into the compound for the Arab population.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
The Damascus gate is practically Al Aqsa, let's not go into linguistic gymnastics here. It's the main entrance into the compound for the Arab population.
It’s the main entrance into the Old City, not the Haram al-Sharif. It’s a good walk from there through the Muslim Quarter to get to the compound.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
It’s the main entrance into the Old City, not the Haram al-Sharif. It’s a good walk from there through the Muslim Quarter to get to the compound.
Even so, there’s loads of stalls and small businesses and shops as soon as you walk inside (which will now be covered in skunk / sewage water). Also, the gate is pretty historically and culturally significant as well. It’s just unnecessarily provocative by the Israelis (par for the course). There’s not even a crowd shown in the video which begs the question why it was done.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Even so, there’s loads of stalls and small businesses and shops as soon as you walk inside (which will now be covered in skunk / sewage water). Also, the gate is pretty historically and culturally significant as well. It’s just unnecessarily provocative by the Israelis (par for the course). There’s not even a crowd shown in the video which begs the question why it was done.
I’m not disputing any of that.

Halftrack

That's an interesting perspective, given the recent "conflict" lead to the deaths of 12 Israelis and 256 Palestinians.

I bet they are sad, though. I would be too.
@hasanejaz88 is being sarcastic, though it's incredibly hard to tell given how ridiculous the posts by the IDF on here tend to be.

It's like with that Trump parody account that petered out because Donald Trump was a better parody of himself than any humorist could ever dream of being.

rotherham_red

In my experience it wasn't a long walk. And I have mobility issues.