Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Fewer Tweets, More Discussion

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Fair play to Nike.
To be honest, this isn't a move by Nike in solidarity with Palestine or BDS. It's part of their global strategy (i.e. reducing the number of countries they operate in). The flipside is this will undoubtedly affect the retail economy there to some extent, and it doesn't look good from an optics POV (if you're a Zionist scumbag) if Nike decide to stop operating in your country.

Edit: Also, just to add - Barcelona had a friendly with a couple of Israeli clubs cancelled in the pre-season due to fans disapproval, so I'm sure that would register somewhere on Nike's radar given they're the shirt sponsor.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
You mean they are moving towards a totally online market? I’m sure lots of major brands and vendors are considering that in the post covid world. I assume Israel will be the first country lot of chains close their stores in anyway given a choice, get the PR and make a stand about apartheid before they withdraw. I was saying here a few months ago that lots of companies will follow suit if even a few big names pull out. It’s like a house of cards. You have to slowly shame them into realising how wrong they are to keep this going and the world is watching, we do care. Let Israel dominate the region and all that goes with it but at least lift the blockade and give Palestinian people their freedom back. stop the immigration and stealing their land and homes. Stop killing them for fighting back and calling it a war. That would be huge progress.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
To be honest, this isn't a move by Nike in solidarity with Palestine or BDS. It's part of their global strategy (i.e. reducing the number of countries they operate in). The flipside is this will undoubtedly affect the retail economy there to some extent, and it doesn't look good from an optics POV (if you're a Zionist scumbag) if Nike decide to stop operating in your country.

Edit: Also, just to add - Barcelona had a friendly with a couple of Israeli clubs cancelled in the pre-season due to fans disapproval, so I'm sure that would register somewhere on Nike's radar given they're the shirt sponsor.
You boycotting Chinese products yet???

The Corinthian

We are Google and Amazon workers. We condemn Project Nimbus
Anonymous Google and Amazon workers
We cannot support our employer’s decision to supply the Israeli military and government technology that is used to harm Palestinians

We are writing as Google and Amazon employees of conscience from diverse backgrounds. We believe that the technology we build should work to serve and uplift people everywhere, including all of our users. As workers who keep these companies running, we are morally obligated to speak out against violations of these core values. For this reason, we are compelled to call on the leaders of Amazon and Google to pull out of Project Nimbus and cut all ties with the Israeli military. So far, more than 90 workers at Google and more than 300 at Amazon have signed this letter internally. We are anonymous because we fear retaliation.

We have watched Google and Amazon aggressively pursue contracts with institutions like the US Department of Defense, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (Ice), and state and local police departments. These contracts are part of a disturbing pattern of militarization, lack of transparency and avoidance of oversight.

Continuing this pattern, our employers signed a contract called Project Nimbus to sell dangerous technology to the Israeli military and government. This contract was signed the same week that the Israeli military attacked Palestinians in the Gaza Strip – killing nearly 250 people, including more than 60 children. The technology our companies have contracted to build will make the systematic discrimination and displacement carried out by the Israeli military and government even crueler and deadlier for Palestinians.

Full article here:
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...demn-project-nimbus-israeli-military-contract

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
We are Google and Amazon workers. We condemn Project Nimbus
Anonymous Google and Amazon workers
We cannot support our employer’s decision to supply the Israeli military and government technology that is used to harm Palestinians

We are writing as Google and Amazon employees of conscience from diverse backgrounds. We believe that the technology we build should work to serve and uplift people everywhere, including all of our users. As workers who keep these companies running, we are morally obligated to speak out against violations of these core values. For this reason, we are compelled to call on the leaders of Amazon and Google to pull out of Project Nimbus and cut all ties with the Israeli military. So far, more than 90 workers at Google and more than 300 at Amazon have signed this letter internally. We are anonymous because we fear retaliation.

We have watched Google and Amazon aggressively pursue contracts with institutions like the US Department of Defense, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (Ice), and state and local police departments. These contracts are part of a disturbing pattern of militarization, lack of transparency and avoidance of oversight.

Continuing this pattern, our employers signed a contract called Project Nimbus to sell dangerous technology to the Israeli military and government. This contract was signed the same week that the Israeli military attacked Palestinians in the Gaza Strip – killing nearly 250 people, including more than 60 children. The technology our companies have contracted to build will make the systematic discrimination and displacement carried out by the Israeli military and government even crueler and deadlier for Palestinians.

Full article here:
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...demn-project-nimbus-israeli-military-contract
Well done on posting that article from outside the Chinese Embassy with only one hand whilst the other is super glued to it's front door.

The Corinthian

Well done on posting that article from outside the Chinese Embassy with only one hand whilst the other is super glued to it's front door.
Dry your eyes mate
I know it's hard to take, but her mind has been made up
There's plenty more fish in the sea
Dry your eyes mate
I know you want to make her see how much this pain hurts
But you've got to walk away now, it's over

The Corinthian

Israel Secretly Convicted Officer of Raping Palestinian Woman in 2016
A Civil Administration officer raped a Palestinian woman who needed an entry permit to Israel, and was sentenced to 11 years in prison

An Israeli military officer who has been imprisoned since 2017 was convicted of raping a Palestinian woman, as well as committing sexual assault against other Palestinian women and a man and extorting them for sexual favors, among other crimes, a military court permitted news outlets to report on Wednesday, ending a years-long gag order on the case.
In addition, he was forced to pay NIS 18,000 ($5,600) in damages to the women he raped and NIS 9,000 ($2,800) to the woman he sexually exploited.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/endin...cer-jailed-in-2017-raped-a-palestinian-woman/

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

maniak

Supports
Arsenal

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
The cemetery was illegally built as they didn't get the correct permits from Israel 200 years ago.
Sounds fair, but I need to see it with some random muslim saying something bad about Israel and maybe a few hezbollah flags there somewhere. Then I'll be set.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
https://www.timesofisrael.com/two-j...ncel-googles-1-2-billion-israel-contract/amp/

Two Jewish employees behind push to cancel Google’s $1.2 billion Israel contract
Ariel Koren and Gabriel Schubiner say deal to provide Jewish state with cloud-based data storage centers will contribute to surveillance of Palestinians and settlement expansion
Aren't the Ben & Jerrys founders Jewish too? Interesting to see pushback against Israel by Jewish people abroad. It must be a head-scratcher for the Israeli government to see this pushback, surely. Will be interesting to see how this develops.

Sweet Square

Anti Semites - Jews are self hating and devoted to Israel

Pro Israel - Yep sounds about right.

Ethnic nationalism is bad folks.