Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Fewer Tweets, More Discussion

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Christians Fume as Jewish Tour Groups Exempt From Israel's Omicron Entry Ban
Interior Minister Shaked moved to exempt 'Jewish tourism' from the COVID ban on foreign nationals entering the country, but Christians note that Christmas is fast approaching: 'The only difference is that they are Jews'

https://www.haaretz.com/amp/israel-...pt-from-israel-s-omicron-entry-ban-1.10470039

More patheticness from Shaked and the Israeli govt.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
"The report refutes the government’s lying claims that the Palestinians fled of their own accord, or due to the incitement of their leaders."

You really do need to raise your game.

Funnily its only supporters of the apartheid state who think killing men women and children is a game

The Corinthian

Funnily its only supporters of the apartheid state who think killing men women and children is a game
I wouldn’t bother engaging with him. He seems unhinged and off the deep end. If anything, I feel sorry for him.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
I wouldn’t bother engaging with him. He seems unhinged and off the deep end. If anything, I feel sorry for him.
Hes showing classic zionist troll behaviour. Cant argue with something throw up a video or shout that theres some other country just as bad as the one he supports doing something just as bad.

The Corinthian

Hes showing classic zionist troll behaviour. Cant argue with something throw up a video or shout that theres some other country just as bad as the one he supports doing something just as bad.
It’s par for the course with him. He can’t engage with the evidence so resorts to googling any old trash, finding a YouTube link then posting it.

The Corinthian

Some pics of how Christmas has been celebrated throughout the ages here. Shame the Israelis make it so difficult these days for the Christians.

The Corinthian

Illinois bars state pensions from owning Unilever over Israel

BOSTON, Dec 23 (Reuters) - An Illinois board overseeing state employee pension funds on Wednesday voted to bar funds from holding Unilever PLC (ULVR.L) shares due to sales limits by the company's Ben & Jerry's ice cream brand in Israel, joining at least five other U.S. states moving to restrict the stock.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/eur...sions-owning-unilever-over-israel-2021-12-23/

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Emma Watson, welcome to the resistance and thank you for not hiding.

The Corinthian

Palestinian American who died after Israeli detention was unresponsive when released, witnesses say

The U.S. State Department has called on Israel to conduct a “thorough investigation” into the death of As’ad, a former Milwaukee grocery store owner who raised five children in the United States before moving back to the occupied West Bank a decade ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/01/14/american-dead-west-bank-israel/

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Palestinian American who died after Israeli detention was unresponsive when released, witnesses say

The U.S. State Department has called on Israel to conduct a “thorough investigation” into the death of As’ad, a former Milwaukee grocery store owner who raised five children in the United States before moving back to the occupied West Bank a decade ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/01/14/american-dead-west-bank-israel/
Self policing murderers? What could possibly go wrong?

The Corinthian

February 1, 2022 9:00 am

Israel’s apartheid against Palestinians: a cruel system of domination and a crime against humanity

Israeli authorities must be held accountable for committing the crime of apartheid against Palestinians, Amnesty International said today in a damning new report. The investigation details how Israel enforces a system of oppression and domination against the Palestinian people wherever it has control over their rights. This includes Palestinians living in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT), as well as displaced refugees in other countries.

The comprehensive report, Israel’s Apartheid against Palestinians: Cruel System of Domination and Crime against Humanity, sets out how massive seizures of Palestinian land and property, unlawful killings, forcible transfer, drastic movement restrictions, and the denial of nationality and citizenship to Palestinians are all components of a system which amounts to apartheid under international law. This system is maintained by violations which Amnesty International found to constitute apartheid as a crime against humanity, as defined in the Rome Statute and Apartheid Convention.

Amnesty International is calling on the International Criminal Court (ICC) to consider the crime of apartheid in its current investigation in the OPT and calls on all states to exercise universal jurisdiction to bring perpetrators of apartheid crimes to justice.

Our report reveals the true extent of Israel’s apartheid regime. Whether they live in Gaza, East Jerusalem and the rest of the West Bank, or Israel itself, Palestinians are treated as an inferior racial group and systematically deprived of their rights. We found that Israel’s cruel policies of segregation, dispossession and exclusion across all territories under its control clearly amount to apartheid. The international community has an obligation to act
Agnès Callamard, Amnesty International’s Secretary General
https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/n...m-of-domination-and-a-crime-against-humanity/

Some pics of how Christmas has been celebrated throughout the ages here. Shame the Israelis make it so difficult these days for the Christians.
Not sure I understand what you are talking about? Or if you even read the post?

It says Palestinians are preventing Xmas being celebrated. Israelis have no problem with Christians and Christmas is easy to celebrate in Israel. However, you can be killed by muslim extremists for celebrating Xmas in Gaza. Why do you think there’s less than a 1000 Christian’s remaining in Gaza? You blame Israel for everything do you ?

Fearless

Mighty Mouse

It says Palestinians are preventing Xmas being celebrated. Israelis have no problem with Christians and Christmas is easy to celebrate in Israel. However, you can be killed by muslim extremists for celebrating Xmas in Gaza. Why do you think there’s less than a 1000 Christian’s remaining in Gaza? You blame Israel for everything do you ?
Bravo.

The Corinthian

Where does it say the bolded?

This is what I was referring to, why don’t you have a read:
https://www.timesofisrael.com/after...ristians-decry-israels-racist-travel-ban/amp/

Where does it say the bolded?

This is what I was referring to, why don’t you have a read:
https://www.timesofisrael.com/after...ristians-decry-israels-racist-travel-ban/amp/
The part where it says there are no Christian’s in Palestinian areas? Yet you said Israelis are making it hard for Xmas to be celebrated but it’s clearly Palestinians.

I don’t need to read, I already know what I’m talking about. You need to do some studying yourself though if you think Palestinians have no problem with Christians. I don’t like to speak in generic terms about Palestinians but there are clearly a large portion of Muslim extremists. There are Jewish extremists too but you only mentioned them. You need to talk about both sets of extremists when talking about Christian persecution.

The Corinthian

The part where it says there are no Christian’s in Palestinian areas? Yet you said Israelis are making it hard for Xmas to be celebrated but it’s clearly Palestinians.

I don’t need to read, I already know what I’m talking about. You need to do some studying yourself though if you think Palestinians have no problem with Christians. I don’t like to speak in generic terms about Palestinians but there are clearly a large portion of Muslim extremists. There are Jewish extremists too but you only mentioned them. You need to talk about both sets of extremists when talking about Christian persecution.
You said something you can’t back up? That’s straight out of the Fearless scrapbook. Could you provide some info where you think it’s Palestinians making it hard for Christians to celebrate Xmas?

If you bothered reading the link I sent (which I encourage you to do) you’ll realise that the Israeli govt made it difficult for Christians to visit Palestine over Xmas but had no such issue for Jewish people claiming birthright, which is a double standard (one in a long list for the govt) and hypocritical.

Here’s some more info in fact -https://english.alaraby.co.uk/analysis/how-palestinian-christians-are-being-driven-out-jerusalem?amp

In a campaign launched ahead of festivities, Jerusalem’s church leaders issued a joint statement in mid-December saying that “Christians have become the target of frequent and sustained attacks by fringe radical groups” alluding to Israeli far-right settlers who aim to “diminish" the Christian presence.

These groups, the communiqué denounced, are “often using underhanded dealings and intimidation tactics to evict residents from their homes” and continue to acquire strategic property in the Christian Quarter, in the Old City, causing a decline in the Christian community.

The statement went on to describe “countless incidents” of physical and verbal assaults against priests and other clergy, and attacks on Christian churches. It also reported vandalism and the desecration of holy sites and church properties, and the ongoing intimidation of local Christians as they go about their worship and daily lives.
The Zionists are trying to remove and eradicate Palestinians, whether they’re Muslim, or Christian. Why do you think so many of the Christian churches there have spoken out?

DavelinaJolie

I try to avoid this thread, mostly because my Stepson is going to be drafted into the Israeli army in the coming months, and nothing about this thread makes me feel good about that.

That was all, really. Don't know why I felt a need to say that, but yeah.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
I try to avoid this thread, mostly because my Stepson is going to be drafted into the Israeli army in the coming months, and nothing about this thread makes me feel good about that.

G-d bless your stepson. You should be proud, despite the hatred.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
You said something you can’t back up? That’s straight out of the Fearless scrapbook. Could you provide some info where you think it’s Palestinians making it hard for Christians to celebrate Xmas?

If you bothered reading the link I sent (which I encourage you to do) you’ll realise that the Israeli govt made it difficult for Christians to visit Palestine over Xmas but had no such issue for Jewish people claiming birthright, which is a double standard (one in a long list for the govt) and hypocritical.

Here’s some more info in fact -https://english.alaraby.co.uk/analysis/how-palestinian-christians-are-being-driven-out-jerusalem?amp

The Zionists are trying to remove and eradicate Palestinians, whether they’re Muslim, or Christian. Why do you think so many of the Christian churches there have spoken out?
Operation SIG.

The Corinthian

Christians Fume as Jewish Tour Groups Exempt From Israel's Omicron Entry Ban
Interior Minister Shaked moved to exempt 'Jewish tourism' from the COVID ban on foreign nationals entering the country, but Christians note that Christmas is fast approaching: 'The only difference is that they are Jews'

https://www.haaretz.com/amp/israel-...pt-from-israel-s-omicron-entry-ban-1.10470039

More patheticness from Shaked and the Israeli govt.
I just realised I had already posted about it here @ManchesterManchester - have a read.

The Corinthian

Quite a few young Israelis are making their voices heard and refusing military service on humanitarian / human rights grounds - but obviously this can result in jail time.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/israel-middle-east/articles/idf-conscientious-objectors

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/2...rmy-it-justifies-violence-and-inequality/amp/

https://www.huckmag.com/perspectives/reportage-2/young-refuseniks-israel-defence-force/

DavelinaJolie

G-d bless your stepson. You should be proud, despite the hatred.
I'm proud of him for who he is.

I'm deeply unhappy that he has been sold "nationality is identity" bullcrap that perpetuates cycles of violence.

I'm fearful he may get killed or harmed. And I'm fearful he may be ordered or encouraged to kill or harm others, especially innocents.

There is nothing good about this situation.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

I'm deeply unhappy that he has been sold "nationality is identity" bullcrap that perpetuates cycles of violence.

I'm fearful he may get killed or harmed. And I'm fearful he may be ordered or encouraged to kill or harm others, especially innocents.

Bravo, @Fearless

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses

A spokesman for Christian churches in the Holy Land on Wednesday accused Israel of discriminating against Christian tourists during the normally busy Christmas holiday season.

Smores

Yeah a grim situation i can only imagine I'd have the same turmoil. Hope your lad keeps himself safe.

Zlatattack

Amnesty international is a known anti semetic organisation. They dare to print criticism of Israel.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse

Sorry you feel that way. The vast majority of Israeli parents (whether they're Jewish, Christian, Muslim etc.) hold the same understandable anxieties and wish the situation was very different, no matter their own political sway. Fact is that Israel has got a nasty habit of being attacked, so it's choices are sadly limited.