2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Maguire
Diop
Smalling
Lindelof

Sell the fecking rest, Eduardo!

Pierluigi Casiraghi

Agree with this. He’s a very good player and in the right environment could be brilliant in a couple of years. Bournemouth would want a mountain of cash though
They'd want roughly the same as the £45m we are apparently willing to pay for Diop I'd have thought? maybe an extra £5m or so

Snafu17

Historically bad overall. However most recently, they broke the Alexis Sanchez interest, Dan James link plus the Sean Longstaff interest (Which I believe is most likely genuine too.) I suspect there's truth to this.
Sanchez was a bloke from Chile I think, Dan James was the Daily Mail (Adrian Kajumba if we're more specific) and there's no way to tell if the Longstaff links are genuine (Newcastle have been briefing that they have yet to receive a bid).

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Was Maguire two days ago now it’s him. Was Maddison a few days back now it’s Tielemands. Media throwing names around.

Roboc7

Seems like should be more of a partner instead of an alternative to Maguire, very different players.

Not sure why we don’t just go for a younger player like Konate or Upamecano.

Bruno8

He is more comfortable playing on the left side at CB something all our current CBs struggle with. OGS might just be looking for a Left footed CB

Xaviboy

Jesus even West ham don't want our players cuz their shite.

If true going to be a bad summer. Diop must be on the 3rd choice target list of centre backs the club might have so summer must not be going to plan. 2 weeks Monday the players are back for pre season can we wrap up 3 or 4 players before then??

Reiver

Jesus even West ham don't want our players cuz their shite.

If true going to be a bad summer. Diop must be on the 3rd choice target list of centre backs the club might have so summer must not be going to plan. 2 weeks Monday the players are back for pre season can we wrap up 3 or 4 players before then??
With the way we're ran? Of course we can't. Bigger question is whether we can manage this before the transfer window closes.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This tweeter is more reliable than Sky on West Ham.

Houdini

We need one ball playing CB and one rock. Diop can be the rock.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Kaveh hasn't got a clue

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So 45m is too low for West Ham, sums up why Leicester set an 80m for Maguire. The market is crazy for centre back.

Smores

Only mentioned 10 times in the "who do we go for thread". Sure that'll change now we're linked.

I don't see the point in this we need a proven defender, Axel already fills the spot of an up and coming CB.

Varun

Staff
So 45m is too low for West Ham, sums up why Leicester set an 80m for Maguire. The market is crazy for centre back.
The PL market is crazy regardless of position, its what happens when you shop in a market where everyone is loaded. I wonder why we don't look abroad for a CB.

SATA

£22m according to the BBC.
That's just ridiculous. It will be double the profit if they sell, but of course he's their player so they can decide how they want to sell. Frankly if we are still in the market for centrebacks, it probably means we aren't confident of landing De Ligt or we have already been made aware of his destination

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Milenkovic, Konate, Tah, Andersen, Romagnoli. There's quite a few that we can bring in that probably wouldn't cost as much as what West Ham or Leicester are asking for.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Milenkovic, Konate, Tah, Andersen, Romagnoli. There's quite a few that we can bring in that probably wouldn't cost as much as what West Ham or Leicester are asking for.
Apparently Milenkovic has a £100m price tag on his head. I think the reality is that clubs know how rich we are and how desperate we are, they can charge us whatever they like.