Issa Diop

Welbeckham

As much as we all want to get rid of Rojo, in today's climate we could easily get £15m for him so I wouldn't say £60m is that great for us but its certainly better than paying £60m cash
Other clubs maybe would, we wouldn’t.

passing-wind

Nathan Ake is 5'11 in height. Diop is 6'4. For me Diop is miles better with a much higher ceiling to improve.
It's impossible for Diop to be miles better than Ake if Ake has had the far better season. He was one of the best centre half's in the league.

Height doesn't mean much so long as you have a good balance of aggression / temperament in phases of play. Reading the game well additionally leverages to not getting in situations where weaknesses are exposed, Puyol was smaller than Ake and height was never an issue in his career.

Ake has more capabilities to become a world class defender in comparison to Diop in my opinion.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
PSG, Barca & Utd all want him eh?

Smells like a 'give me a better contract' one to me.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This tweet from 8hrs ago wasn't posted as far as I can tell. This chap is a good source on French players normally.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
From zero interest from anyone to PSG, Barca & Utd in the space of a day, we'll see .
I doubt there is ‘zero interest’ in a player who captained Toulouse at 19, a key member of a recent French cup winning national team, and cost West Ham £22m at 21 years old as a defender from France. Most top clubs would be aware of him and be watching him. Maybe the clubs mentioned are not planning to sign him now, but have tried to tell him not to join United yet as they are keeping an eye.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I doubt there is ‘zero interest’ in a player who captained Toulouse at 19, a key member of a recent French cup winning national team, and cost West Ham £22m at 21 years old as a defender from France. Most top clubs would be aware of him and be watching him. Maybe the clubs mentioned are not planning to sign him now, but have tried to tell him not to join United yet as they are keeping an eye.
Ok, zero 'reported' interest.

I could be wide of the mark, but won't be shocked if he ends up on improved terms at West Ham shortly.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Ok, zero 'reported' interest.

I could be wide of the mark, but won't be shocked if he ends up on improved terms at West Ham shortly.
He joined West Ham 11 months ago. He has no leverage. And ‘reports’ don’t really mean that much. Big clubs watch loads and loads of players. The reports tend to come when there is some actual movement.

The degree to which PSG, Barca and Juve are ‘interested’ is unknown. However, 9/10 times a big club signs a player, moves for a player etc, it’s almost certain that said player was on the radar of some of the short list of other big clubs. There’s a finite amount of players who could step up, if United are interested, at that price - Juve are aware. Doesn’t mean they have the same level of need or whatever. Arsenal seem to be linked heavily to Saliba. The same clubs are probably monitoring him too.

I guess any starting centre half for the French U21 team, not currently playing for a big club, has caught the attention of the big clubs. The clubs mentioned are also interested in De Ligt, just like us, and seem to have a better chance than us at getting him. They haven’t moved on to plan B or C yet, unlike us.

Ekeke

As much as we all want to get rid of Rojo, in today's climate we could easily get £15m for him so I wouldn't say £60m is that great for us but its certainly better than paying £60m cash
On last season's form and availability £15 million sounds like double what we'd get for Rojo

Litch

No idea about him tbh and not sure if most are equally honest was it a name that people were putting forward either to solve our defensive problems. Looks good but I'm sure Smalling and Eric would look better in a West Ham shirt than a Utd one.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just assuming this is true, who could they possibly want that we are refusing to give? I would give them any defender in our team except Lindelof.
Maybe smalling, hes worth a decent amount I'd say (and I wouldnt want to give him up). Or bailly. Smalling, lindelof and bailly are our only CBs worth anything. Bailly is probably for sale but worth around 30m I'd say.

MrBest

I like the looknof Diop. Tall, good on the ball and some presence. Does anyone know what his leadership qualities are like? We really miss a leader at the back and i think Maguire appears to fit that mould a bit better. Saying that i think Diop has some great potential, 22 years old 50/60m, may be worth it.

Fer

Is Diop a better prospect than Konate, Upamecano, Tah, etc?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Just assuming this is true, who could they possibly want that we are refusing to give? I would give them any defender in our team except Lindelof.
I'd bet everything I own it's Martial they're asking for.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

I always wonder what the purpose of our massive scouting network who I assume aren't working for the love of the game. Either that, they must be highly frustrated.

We are being linked to players that were highly thought from the continent or from the Championship.

Either the scouts are watching the players based on Youtube or have been completely ignored for the past 5-6 years.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Depends what you want from a CB. Personally, i'd be taking Tah from that list as he's the best passer and used to dominating possession.
Tah definitely looks a player that could develop into a real rock of a CB. He's physically imposing, good on the ball, strong in the air and fast. He has everything in his locker to potentially become a dominant CB for a big club.

Tah would be my first choice followed by Milenkovic from Fiorentina.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Its rumoured that West Ham had asked for Martial. I am shocked really. I thought that they would go for our hardworking and honest local talent such as Jones, Smalling, Young or JLingz instead. I find this transfer window infuriating. Why the top clubs seem to want the players who get criticised all the time for not doing the 'hardwork?'

Varun

Staff
A younger Smalling and 60mil bid requests on the same page. Someone fecking kill this thread :lol: