Issa Diop

Smores

I feel for Ole if we've gone from the likes of Koulibaly to Diop ffs. How many times are we going to make the same mistake in defence.

SteveW

I'd bet everything I own it's Martial they're asking for.
That's what came to me also.

Seems to have been correct too. Should be money plus Diop for Martial not the other way around

AKDevil

I'd have been open to a deal on that tbh. Don't really see the fuss with Martial. It would have flipped around, as in them giving us cash plus Diop for Martial, but there are very few players in our squad I wouldn't be happy to move on if it helped us get others. This lot have had their chances and few of them worth keeping.

tidraKS

Just give them 60 million and get the player. Give 50 million for Wan Bissaka and we'll be fine in those positions for years.

ColvaleGoa

I really haven't watched Diop. If we could compare him to a defender of the past ,,who would he be like? More in Rio mould or Vidic? Or is he like the new Rojo all bluster and no substance?

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I'd have been open to a deal on that tbh. Don't really see the fuss with Martial. It would have flipped around, as in them giving us cash plus Diop for Martial, but there are very few players in our squad I wouldn't be happy to move on if it helped us get others. This lot have had their chances and few of them worth keeping.
It would be another player the club would need to replace.

Kapardin

I am not even entirely convinced West Ham isn't Martial's true level, let's see this season.

I think we should give him one more season, but if we signed a truly explosive LW, I'd happily sell him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I really haven't watched Diop. If we could compare him to a defender of the past ,,who would he be like? More in Rio mould or Vidic? Or is he like the new Rojo all bluster and no substance?
He genuinely reminds me of Van Dijk defensively, however, is not as good on the ball (or even close to being as good, tbh).

Think there’s huge potential in the player though, and while I’d love De Ligt, I’d be very happy if we got Diop instead of Maguire. Could be a turning point for the team I think.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If true, they're basically telling us to feck off but probably made up by Delaney.

starman

Martial :lol:

Interesting that West Ham would then likely be willing to match his wages...
If its a straight player swap, its not actually as outrageous as it sounds if Diop is valued at 50m.
If Martial gets himself together, he will be double that, but its a big if at the moment...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
They may as well have asked for Pogba, the comedians.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
supposedly, the player offered in part exchange (says the ever-truthful Sun) was Phil Jones. As if West ham were going to fall for that!

tomaldinho1

Martial + 20m for Diop + F.Andersen. I'd take that.
Now that's more like it

Personally I'd like to see Martial have another season here, I really think there's a good player in there if he can get his head focused.

I actually think Diop is a good player, is he really a huge upgrade though?

ash_86

Now that's more like it

Personally I'd like to see Martial have another season here, I really think there's a good player in there if he can get his head focused.

I actually think Diop is a good player, is he really a huge upgrade though?
Diop is an upgrade on what we have but i suspect his ball playing abilities. Physically he's a beast though.

I agree on the Martial stance. This should be his last chance to show some consistency. With reports of Lukaku going out, Martial should get plenty of chance.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This chap is getting vastly over rated on here. He's a good defender but as a footballer he's just not good enough. I'm no big fan of Maguire, but I'd take the Leicester CB over this chap anyday due to him being better at 'playing football'

My first choice CB would be Jonathan Tah and I think we'd be making a big error if we signed Diop from West Ham.

Last edited:

Varun

Staff
This chap is getting vastly over rated on here. He's a good defender but as a footballer he's just not good enough. I'm no big fan of Maguire, but I'd take the Leicester CB over this chap anyday due him being better at 'playing football'

My first choice CB would be Jonathan Tah and I think we'd be making a big error if we signed Diop from West Ham.
Probably a deal we could close quick and for 40mil odd.

beingshe7don

First things first, every English team has money and don't need to sell. The only players I would consider getting from the PL would likely be Wan Bassaka and Ruben Neves. The other players are going to be extremely overpriced. With that being said, there are so many CBs around who may not be World Class at the moment but have tremendous potential.

Assuming De Ligt & Koulibaly are not attainable,

1. Dayot Upamecano
2. Ibrahima Konate
3. Milan Skriniar
4. Joachim Andersen
5. Nikola Milenkovic
6. Alessio Romagnoli
7. Jonathan Tah
8. Ruben Dias

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Probably a deal we could close quick and for 40mil odd.
There's quite a few we could bring in that are superior allround to Diop IMO. And probably cheaper like you mention. But it seems we're going the 'Prem proven' route, if this story about bidding for Diop is correct.

Jonathan Tah or Nikola Milenkovic would be my first and 2nd choices..

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There's quite a few we could bring in that are superior allround to Diop IMO. And probably cheaper like you mention. But it seems we're going the 'Prem proven' route, if this story about bidding for Diop is correct.

Jonathan Tah or Nikola Milenkovic would be my first and 2nd choices..
Tah is quality. France have some very promising young ones too in Diop, Upamecano, Saliba and Konate - and I think they all have great potential but I suspect the club would place higher value in Diop’s PL experience.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Tah is quality. France have some very promising young ones too in Diop, Upamecano, Saliba and Konate - and I think they all have great potential but I suspect the club would place higher value in Diop’s PL experience.
I agree with you..

dev1l

Another thing in favour of Diop is his height. All players linked with us DeLigt, KK, Maguire and now Diop are all almost unbeatable in air.
De Ligt being the shorter one at 1,89 m. The other three are around 1,93-1,94

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Another thing in favour of Diop is his height. All players linked with us DeLigt, KK, Maguire and now Diop are all almost unbeatable in air.
De Ligt being the shorter one at 1,89 m. The other three are around 1,93-1,94
KK is not great in air.