It feels good to objectively be 'the good guys'

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
During this lockdown we have seen:

Liverpool - ran by billionaires decide to try and use the governments furlough scheme to pay the handful of employees that they could easily afford to run themselves.
Man City - players constantly breaking lockdowns, the club going through a lengthy appeals process after they got caught cheating with financial fair play.
Tottenham - Illegally broke lockdown rules in a move that could encourage the general public to break lockdown rules.

Man United - One of the first clubs to announce we won't be using the lockdown rules.
Clubs has supplied schools across Manchester with food.
Marcus Rashford has become the voice of a nation helping out the most impoverished people in his local community.
Maguire got his teammates to give 30% of their wages to charities.
Players such as Lingard and Mata are known for their charity work.
Club donated all spare equipment to NHS staff.

I'd be very jealous of our club right now if I supported any other team. The way our club has responded to this has made me immensely proud to be a Manchester United fan.

sugar_kane

Nice positive thread.

There is light and shade to everything, and there will be other teams and rival players who have done great things but it does feel that for once in the post-Fergie years we can stand by how we've conducted ourselves as a club and be proud without reservation.

Indeed we seem to have been doing very well at this for a long time now. Forgetting the football side, as a company we are run second to none and have been for a long time.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It does, doesn’t it? Both at the level of the club as a business and the conduct of our players.

Imagine the fecking outrage if a single one of our players got pissed and smashed some cars up, or our fecking manager arranged for some training sessions at the park. :lol: Or couldn’t keep their hormones in control for a few months.

romufc

As a business we are up their with one of the best. The NHS sign during the lockdown on the stadium.

The MUFC foundation helping out on a global scale for younger children.

We have come out of this very well I must say.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
We seem to be doing the best of the top clubs during this time but without wanting to be too cynical we're run by a cabal of bastards in a business environment, previously known as a sport, infested by an even greater number of bastards.That said I'm glad we're doing what we're doing and I'm happy for Rashford giving a bit back and raising awareness of the difficulty kids like he used to be face, I hope he stays grounded and decent.

On a lighter note we'd best not get used to being the heroes, the first part of Hated, Adored, Never Ignored is very important.

RUCK4444

Very true, I did expect us to set an example but then I always expect this club to set the bar, it's part of what I love about the club.

Love us or hate us United are pure class.

Rashford has taken it to another level, love the lad.

padzilla

Hipster
If we could stop the Glazers from being major Trump donors we would be all set.

Nikelesh Reddy

If we could stop the Glazers from being major Trump donors we would be all set.
Haha....Trump once told Piers Morgan in an interview that “He’s very close to the owners of Manchester United”,so I”m not sure if that’s going to happen...

Pipan

What is written in the OP is all very good. I was a proud United supporter up until the news came that they will wear Black lives matter on their shirts, a left-wing totalitarian movement that labels and seperates people in typical left wing identity politics fashion.

It is a crazy world atm. Left wing has become racist and fascist while calling themselves anti-fascist and anti-racist. I am so dissapointed with Manchester United.

flappyjay

What is written in the OP is all very good. I was a proud United supporter up until the news came that they will wear Black lives matter on their shirts, a left-wing totalitarian movement that labels and seperates people in typical left wing identity politics fashion.

It is a crazy world atm. Left wing has become racist and fascist while calling themselves anti-fascist and anti-racist. I am so dissapointed with Manchester United.
I am not even going to get into how you feel about but it's a premier wide thing not a United thing. That said I would hoped we would still have done it even if the epl hadn't suggested it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

You do realise this is the whole league right, not just us.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
We did/are suing Football Manager though... so there is that.
Well there's a very good reason for that. MUFC is licensing out its brand to other game developers. They are suing so Football Manager won't simply get a free ride. FM circumvents this by not using the clubs logo emblem in the game. MUFC argue that this is removing their right to license the brand.

Simply put: The club is treating everyone equally. If someone pays, everyone has to pay for the right to profit of the name Manchester United and it's playerrs.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

:lol:

Great thread OP.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Well there's a very good reason for that. MUFC is licensing out its brand to other game developers. They are suing so Football Manager won't simply get a free ride. FM circumvents this by not using the clubs logo emblem in the game. MUFC argue that this is removing their right to license the brand.

Simply put: The club is treating everyone equally. If someone pays, everyone has to pay for the right to profit of the name Manchester United and it's playerrs.
It's a dick move though, let's not pretend it isn't.

FujiVice

I'm really surprised the football manager thing hasnt happened before now. Especially us in 99/2000 where they had our brand on lockdown to anyone who wouldnt pay up. We were total Commerical FC under Kenyon, post Treble. That fecking "Beyond the Promise Land" movie was a disgrace. Just a 90 minute advert for products. We're the bad guys, though. As usual, you can guarantee if this works out, you will see loads of other clubs following. We certainly wont be the only one going after FM in the coming years.

Also, it really matters little to us. I can get a patch which puts Ken Barlow up front for Barcelona, so you can get Man United on the game if you want to regardless of this lawsuit.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
It's a dick move though, let's not pretend it isn't.
It's not. Listen, it's only a dick move because people who play FM (me included) might not get to see Manchester United in the game next year.

KONAMI and Manchester United have entered into a commercial partnership. Part of this partnership is Manchester United licensing out the club name, playernames and emblem so Konami can include it in this years and future installments of PES (Pro Evolution Soccer) for the Playstation franchise.

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2020/eu/en/ps4/partner/man_utd

FM can pay the club a licensing fee if they want the same rights as KONAMI.

Is that REALLY a dick move? I don't get it. FM isn't some fan created lovechild that should be free and open to everyone. Its a somewhat large business that generates shareholder profits.

FM2019 sold over TWO MILLION copies! FM has sold WAY over 1 million copies annually for the past 8 years! SI (Sports Interactive). SI's revenue in 2019 was north of $20,000,000 USD!

Anyone who has a problem with this are at their core, sad that a company that grosses 20 million+ a year with nearly 100 employees has to actually pay a licensing fee to use their intellectual property. I know that no one thinks about this, they just feel like we should "just let them, its just a game", but the real world does not work that way. Eitehr you protect your IP, or you lose your right to protecting your IP. This wasnt really needed previously since the club did not have a commercial partnership in this genre so they've let it slide, but that is no longer the case now that htey have partnered with KONAMI.

Rolaholic

Jesus christ...:houllier::houllier:

Christ

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Wow.

Pipan

You do realise this is the whole league right, not just us.
Are you saying Manchester United had no choice in the matter? From what I understand United thought it was a good idea.

:lol:

Great thread OP.
The laughing emoji is the official forum response for people too stupid to make a counter argument. God bless you.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

You're the dude who is going to stop being a supporter if they wear "BLM" on the shirts, right?

Do you think you'll be done with football or just premier League football?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I was a proud United supporter up until the news came that Marcus Rashford, a left-wing totalitarian movement that separates baked beans from chips, gave free grub to kids.

I am so disappointed with Manchester United. And Heinz.

hubbuh

Piss off. Did you know Fergie was a Labour donor? Utd (and football in gerenal) has always been for the people.

On topic: great thread. A diehard United mate sent me an image detailing the percentages of clubs across Europe that had youth players in the first team. We were top with quite a large percentage. Didn't double check the validity but the fact that it's very believable is nice!!

Pipan

You're the dude who is going to stop being a supporter if they wear "BLM" on the shirts, right?

Do you think you'll be done with football or just premier League football?
I will boycott in the sense that I won't directly support with my money, I will probably still watch, just not be as invested anymore.

I was a proud United supporter up until the news came that Marcus Rashford, a left-wing totalitarian movement that separates baked beans from chips, gave free grub to kids.

I am so disappointed with Manchester United. And Heinz.
How is that totalitarian? Sounds like you have no idea what the word means.

Thor not bless you.
You making progress. Soon you may be able to form a counter argument.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Are you saying Manchester United had no choice in the matter? From what I understand United thought it was a good idea.
Whether they wanted to or not, they'd be foolish to be the only ones to go against it.

I suspect though that the club are quite happy to back it considering the amount of black players we have.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
How is that totalitarian? Sounds like you have no idea what the word means.
I shouldn't have to explain why separating beans and chips is a hallmark of totalitarian regimes; it is self-evident, and the dominant theme of Stalin's Crosse & Blackwell politburo.

Pipan

Piss off. Did you know Fergie was a Labour donor? Utd (and football in gerenal) has always been for the people.
Huge fan of Fergie the football coach, may not agree with all his political views. But why mix politics with football? Why not let football be football and include everybody?

I shouldn't have to explain why separating beans and chips is a hallmark of totalitarian regimes; it is self-evident, and the dominant theme of Stalin's Cross & Blackwell politburo.
That's a good way to avoid having to explain yourself.

neverdie

Your post is idiotic.

BLM aren't even a party let alone a totalitarian movement and identity politics is a right wing, neoliberal phenomena. Not a typical left wing fashion. In fact the distinction was always that the right relied on personality and the left on policy.

Educate yourself a bit more please.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Huge fan of Fergie the football coach, may not agree with all his political views. But why mix politics with football? Why not let football be football and include everybody?
They are. Hence Black Lives Matter is going on the shirt.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Your post is idiotic.

BLM aren't even a party let alone a totalitarian movement and identity politics is a right wing, neoliberal phenomena. Not a typical left wing fashion. In fact the distinction was always that the right relied on personality and the left on policy.

Educate yourself a bit more please.
No no, I want to see where this stream of (shit) consciousness takes his next few posts in this thread

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Blimey.