It is ever possible to speak positively about a win?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
The negativity is actually sickening. Not a perfect performance, but we won again. That's 6 out of our last 7, but it's immediately followed up by about three/four shite threads.

Also, I'm interested to know what it was like to support United during the Liverpool era? Did we even have fans back then? And if so, how did you guys survive?

#SayNoToNegaThreads

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'm so sick of it I'm going to moan about how sick of the moaning I am :D

But yeah, another three points and on we go. We should have been able to control the game more comfortably than we did, but a good job well done overall I'd say.

Nick7

No its not apparently. We're in good form, have a points total that in any other season would be pushing first place. If only not for a City side with one of the most ridiculous first half of the season records we would be laughing. Important to also remember we're coming from 6th place last season, we're on the right track but not exactly there yet.

The negativity is crazy, imagine we were actually bad this season rather than currently the second best team in England.

Devil may care

Football is about more than results for fans, only managers base everythig purely on the bottom line, the performances are horrid to watch, fans watch football to be entertained, and the fact we let them back into the game and should have been on the end of a penalty due to the sloppiness deserves criticism.

Minimalist

Well at the risk of getting my head chewed off: you can't have it both ways. I've seen folks who post legit criticism after a narrow win get labelled 'negative' and if you wait until a defeat to do the same, you get called 'knee-jerk'.

I personally would prefer people stuck to what they believe, whether United are getting over the line or not.

If people are being ridiculously negative after a win, that's a bit different and understandably annoying. But it seems like any criticism post-win is almost ban worthy.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
When we were winning 4-0 against everybody, there was a thread about 'flattering to decieve'.

When we won the EL last season, there were posters talking about how its a shite trophy and its embarrassing to be in it. Before the game, many were saying that the visionary Bosz was going to school the tactical dinosaur Mourinho.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’ve done my best to avoid it for a long while. We are on course for 87 points despite our best player missing the best part of 3 months.

SirAnderson

I am one for grinding out results and feel it is more important than flair and losing or winning, but I'm sorry negative tactics are just negative tactics.

I am very happy with the win, get in great result, but doesn't mean I can't be unhappy with the way we won. Just like when we perform well, I can be happy about that, but be unhappy if the result is negative.

cyberman

There was a post earlier in stating that Lukaku was joint second for goals and assists this year.
Someone relied that it's only because he plays every game and everything goes through him so no biggie.
I hope Jose reads this and goes out next summer to buy a player who's on the more on the fringes of games who takes every other week off

ClosetDevil

I suspect what the negative posters (myself included) are guilty of is that we aren't currently playing the same brand of football we've been used to during the Fergie era. Change is hard.

Anyway, that shouldn't really take anything away from the fact that we are (in my opinion) still very much a squad in transition.

Witchking

Football is about more than results for fans, only managers base everythig purely on the bottom line, the performances are horrid to watch, fans watch football to be entertained, and the fact we let them back into the game and should have been on the end of a penalty due to the sloppiness deserves criticism.
Only results matter, if you criticize the style of play when United are having such a great season and are second and would have been first in most seasons, you are not a true red. You are negative, we shouldn't expect to see United play decent football.

Ss3bba

I'm sure if we won the league at end of the season people would moan about the league being weak and because of City capitulating under pressure. Sometimes I think this place has been hijacked by opposition fans. It can't be right that people moan about everything.

Reactions: Penna

Di Maria's angel

Well at the risk of getting my head chewed off: you can't have it both ways. I've seen folks who post legit criticism after a narrow win get labelled 'negative' and if you wait until a defeat to do the same, you get called 'knee-jerk'.

I personally would prefer people stuck to what they believe, whether United are getting over the line or not.

If people are being ridiculously negative a win, that's a bit different and understandably annoying. But it seems like any criticism post-win is almost ban worthy.
Look, we've played 27 games in all comps. We've won 20 of these, drawn 3 and lost 5. That's 75% win percentage i.e. we win far, far more than we lose yet, and no can deny this, all season, we've criticised everyone and everything United related. I mean, you have to be doing something right, if you can win a large majority of the games you play? But not according to RedCafe. There HAS to be something to complain about.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The negativity is actually sickening. Not a perfect performance, but we won again. That's 6 out of our last 7, but it's immediately followed up by about three/four shite threads.

Also, I'm interested to know what it was like to support United during the Liverpool era? Did we even have fans back then? And if so, how did you guys survive?

#SayNoToNegaThreads
Not on here it isn't. Moan! Moan! Moan! City! City! City! Pep! Pep! Pep!. They start about 10 minutes into a game. :mad:

Ban

I think I have about 15 people on ignore. Maybe it's just better to lay off the forum for a while. It's really bad.

Devil may care

Only results matter, if you criticize the style of play when United are having such a great season and are second and would have been first in most seasons, you are not a true red. You are negative, we shouldn't expect to see United play decent football.
You're being sarcastic I think/hope, if not, well you're entitled your view.

Ban

To criticize our style of play is perfectly legit. To criticize and cry and moan about absolutely everything is a bit strange.
I dont mean you, speaking generally.

Sandyman

I guess it's because it looks like we never learn from the previous games. The constant dropping back and inviting pressure makes people nervous. Not to mention the part where we just don't hold on to the ball at all and can't seem to string basic passes to keep possession.

But the worse part is the start City have made. That makes our excellent start not enough. Almost halfway through the season, we have 41 points. That's a great start but City's start means fans fail to appreciate the progress we have made. Cue moaning!

Ban

I actually felt worse after some wins than after some defeats while reading this place.

Djemba-Djemba

When we were winning 4-0 against everybody, there was a thread about 'flattering to decieve'.

When we won the EL last season, there were posters talking about how its a shite trophy and its embarrassing to be in it. Before the game, many were saying that the visionary Bosz was going to school the tactical dinosaur Mourinho.
It's just tiring isn't it?

Nobody is proclaiming us an elite side, or saying they're delighted to be 11 points behind City but there are definitely positives around the club right now. We're so much better now than at any point since Fergie went and I'm optimistic we're finally on the right road.

I used to consider myself a slightly glass half empty Utd fan until I started posting regularly on here. Compared to some posters on here i'm ludicrously positive.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That wasn't subtle.:lol:

Denis79

I think, hope that most of the fans are happy with this season so far. We finished 6th last year some and 5th the season before that, some people just seem to forget that.

Marcelinho87

Winning or not we should not be allowing a team like West Brom, Bournemouth etc to be piling pressure on us. Why do we not kill these games off when we have the momentum.

Ban

There was a guy who said Poch will teach us how to play vs City.

Well that didnt turn out well.

Morpheus 7

It's important to win ugly to be successful. Playing poor and winning shows character but there was so little to enjoy in that game. Can many in this thread say they enjoyed that? I'm all for positivity but we are clearly lacking quality in that midfield without Pogba. It needs to be addressed.

Minimalist

Look, we've played 27 games in all comps. We've won 20 of these, drawn 3 and lost 5. That's 75% win percentage i.e. we win far, far more than we lose yet, and no can deny this, all season, we've criticised everyone and everything United related. I mean, you have to be doing something right, if you can win a large majority of the games you play? But not according to RedCafe. There HAS to be something to complain talk about.
The idea that there isn't a few valid criticisms of how United have played this season is reaching into cult-like territory. 99% of those people making any criticism fully acknowledge the positives, including how much progress has been made this season (from last). But we're not the finished article obviously and people are simply pointing out what they see as the current problems. There's nothing wrong with that at all and it's a bit ridiculous to get worked up about it.

You know what I find tiresome? People will literally rush to post about certain referees when they feel we've been 'screwed over' by Oliver or whoever. Personally I think that's absolutely pathetic but I wouldn't start moaning (making a thread) or start banning people who want to talk about a poor ref performance as they see it.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

#SayNoToNegaThreads
You are right

The negativity on here will drive a lot of people away.

Its gotten to the stage where one just feels like avoiding the football forums altogether. Hopefully the mods do something about it.

We were out of the the title race last September. We have improved massively from last season, and City are having one of the best starts to any European title campaign in recent memory.

I have asked this before, but how the hell do some of the people here cope with any adversity in life?

dichinero

Exactly this. Maybe we should all just resort to teletext and wait for the results alone.

Di Maria's angel

Winning or not we should not be allowing a team like West Brom, Bournemouth etc to be piling pressure on us. Why do we not kill these games off when we have the momentum.
Nope not WBA or Bournemouth.

You want to see an interesting stat: Our last 10 games against WBA:

Won 4, Drawn 3, Lost 3, Scored 17, Conceded 12.

First time in history that West Brom piled the pressure on Manchester United, right?

Andersons Dietician

If people are being ridiculously negative after a win, that's a bit different and understandably annoying. But it seems like any criticism post-win is almost ban worthy.
This exactly great post. We haven’t been playing well but we’ve been getting the results. People want to discuss the reason why we don’t seem to dictate or control games and in general just play quite poorly when looking at the talent we should be able to dominate and dictate games.

For me it’s silly not to question why these things are happening or not.It’s intresting to hear others thoughts on the issues as well.

AndyJ1985

You are right

The negativity on here will drive a lot of people away.

Its gotten to the stage where one just feels like avoiding the football forums altogether. Hopefully the mods do something about it.

We were out of the the title race last September. We have improved massively from last season, and City are having one of the best starts to any European title campaign in recent memory.

I have asked this before, but how the hell do some of the people here cope with any adversity in life?
If you want to see what happens to a forum when posters are banned for being critical/negative then look at RAWK. Have fun with that

Marcelinho87

Nope not WBA or Bournemouth.

You want to see an interesting stat: Our last 10 games against WBA:

Won 4, Drawn 3, Lost 3, Scored 17, Conceded 12.

First time in history that West Brom piled the pressure on Manchester United, right?
It is not my point.

I would like to see if most of those draws/losses and goals conceded were brought on by us just giving up and taking our foot off the gas.

JohnnyLaw

I suspect what the negative posters (myself included) are guilty of is that we aren't currently playing the same brand of football we've been used to during the Fergie era. Change is hard.

Anyway, that shouldn't really take anything away from the fact that we are (in my opinion) still very much a squad in transition.
This is exactly the kind of football we were used to towards the end of the fergie era, and people weren't happy with it back then either. It's not about being in transition, with the pragmatic style we play (and played) we're always going to look like this. People who are expecting us to reach higher levels than this are probably in for a disappointment.

Di Maria's angel

The idea that there isn't a few valid criticisms of how United have played this season is reaching into cult-like territory. 99% of those people making any criticism fully acknowledge the positives, including how much progress has been made this season (from last). But we're not the finished article obviously and people are simply pointing out what they see as the current problems. There's nothing wrong with that at all and it's a bit ridiculous to get worked up about it.

You know what I find tiresome? People will literally rush to post about certain referees when they feel we've been 'screwed over' by Oliver or whoever. Personally I think that's absolutely pathetic but I wouldn't start moaning (making a thread) or start banning people who want to talk about a poor ref performance as they see it.
There's a thread about Lukaku not celebrating and (I might be wrong) but the idea was to criticise him. Those are the standards here, at the moment.

We've two threads about sitting back and inviting pressure, when that has been a problem for years and years.