It is tiring pretending that there is not a right way to 'support' a club - there absolutely is

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
My personal take is the manner of how we play is what’s clouding over what, as you say, is a decent season (so far).

I don’t think Ole has done anything exceptional but I also don’t think he’s been awful - he’s kind of where I’d have expected him to be for a non elite (as in where he’s come from/managerial background) managerial hire who has been backed and taken over a good squad. He was never going to win the PL but his job is to close the gap to City after our form fell off when we went top.

I think we are overly negative in many games but I can get over that if results keep coming. I do also think it’s fair to say a lot of our games this season have not been the most entertaining - that’s where I think a lot of disconnect comes from.

As an aside - it will be funny if we win both cups we’re left in and then a reporter asks him if cups still don’t show progress and are an ego thing.
At the start of the season you posted almost this exact same post. How Ole would be good enough with a “top 4 squad” but never pushed further.

As he has done better you have revised your expectations saying “there’s no progress”. But he’s literally two places higher than you expected after spending less than others.

Mainoldo

@Mainoldo at the start of the season posted something about us having the third best squad in the league so we should be doing better (this was when we would have been lower down)

Now he is posting how Ole should still be doing better.

He is “supporting” a team who is surpassing what he expected at the start of the season. yet he is relentlessly negative.

People compare our 90 minutes to others highlights. The simple fact is some people on this forum don’t enjoy football. They support highlights/“banter” on Twitter and transfer sagas.
We are second with the third best squad in the league as the ‘arguably’ second best squad performed so badly they got there manager sacked. So sounds about right if just based on squad depth. But we shall see in May as the season is not over.

The fact that I don’t watch highlights is why I have the views I have. The majority of our highlights would be better than our full games which are boring af.

GazTheLegend

At the start of the season you posted almost this exact same post. How Ole would be good enough with a “top 4 squad” but never pushed further.

As he has done better you have revised your expectations saying “there’s no progress”. But he’s literally two places higher than you expected after spending less than others.
I've not given up arguing with people but it's mentally taxing. I think there's a severe amount of cognitive dissonance shitting up some caf members (not necessarily the guy you're replying to) wiring. There's two things that in their brains are truisms: 'we are doing quite well' and 'Ole is a shit manager'. It's creating this weird fission in their sparrow sized minds, resulting in these insane narcissistic rages they fat-finger on to the caf in various threads.

It's impossible to change those two factors without their entire world's imploding because if they are WRONG about this, what else could they be wrong about? Are they wrong about something else in their perfect little lives? No. No, it is the WUMMINATOR who is wrong.

norm87cro

Year there is. As I see it don't settle for mediocre or just good but don't bitch about it if the season doesn't turn out prefect.

tomaldinho1

Did you mean to reply to my post or @Mainoldo ? If mine, I'm confused why you created the phrase 'no progress' when I didn't say that in my post. I said I think the disconnect, in answer to @Bilbo post, is to do with the playing style.

31 matches played since December 1st. These players are human beings, and I don't think enough people realise that. There is no doubt whatsoever that fatigue is affecting our performance levels, and its also clear to me that our tactics are designed to try to manage this workload and we are doing that extremely well. We should be applauding this team, not lynching them.
Agreed on the player hate part - I've said for a long time I actually really rate our players. My least favourite part of the caf is how there's a large gaggle of posters who seem to be waiting for us to perform poorly to absolutely batter Martial or Lindelof. I don't particularly rate Lindelof but I hope I'm a far person and found myself having to argue with posters when we conceded to WBA that grabbing someone's face was a foul...commons sense had left the building at that point. I've also long hoped we would start managing games more from a possession standpoint, that would help a lot with the fatigue point.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I've not given up arguing with people but it's mentally taxing. I think there's a severe amount of cognitive dissonance shitting up some caf members (not necessarily the guy you're replying to) wiring. There's two things that in their brains are truisms: 'we are doing quite well' and 'Ole is a shit manager'. It's creating this weird fission in their sparrow sized minds, resulting in these insane narcissistic rages they fat-finger on to the caf in various threads.

It's impossible to change those two factors without their entire world's imploding because if they are WRONG about this, what else could they be wrong about? Are they wrong about something else in their perfect little lives? No. No, it is the WUMMINATOR who is wrong.
Summed it up perfectly.