Italian Serie A 2018-19

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Mertens, Milik and Insigne and yet Napoli have failed to scored in 3 of their last 4 games. Not good enough.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
There isn’t a club in the world that wastes as many good chances as Napoli.
Game where Mertens would've scored a couple last season.

He just had a freak scoring season which lifted Napoli very close to Juve. Now the gulf is apparent.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
It you look at the table you see how Napoli's season is basically over. Can't catch Juventus and can't get catched.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Massive win for Roma against Bologna. They are the only team to keep in touch with Milan for the 4th spot now.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Meh. From what I've seen so far, in European matches, Serie A seem miles behind La Liga. I mean:

- Roma v Real Madrid 0-2, 0-3 (got destroyed by the worst RM side in the last 5 years)

- Inter v Barca 1-1, 0-2. (A Messi-less Barca that easily dominated both matches)

- Lazio v Sevilla 0-1, 0-2 (double defeat against a Sevilla team in deep crisis)

- AC Milan v Betis 1-2, 1-1 (Mid- table La Liga team that outplayed us in San Siro)

- Atletico v Juventus 2-0.

And almost all these results are pretty flattering to our teams.
Dramatic

MrEleson

Meh. From what I've seen so far, in European matches, Serie A seem miles behind La Liga. I mean:

- Roma v Real Madrid 0-2, 0-3 (got destroyed by the worst RM side in the last 5 years)

- Inter v Barca 1-1, 0-2. (A Messi-less Barca that easily dominated both matches)

- Lazio v Sevilla 0-1, 0-2 (double defeat against a Sevilla team in deep crisis)

- AC Milan v Betis 1-2, 1-1 (Mid- table La Liga team that outplayed us in San Siro)

- Atletico v Juventus 2-0.

And almost all these results are pretty flattering to our teams.
Dramatic
Coming from someone that watches both leagues regularly; the difference between serie A and La Liga is indeed substantial.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think Lazio would've fared better had Luis Alberto not gone off injured in the first half of the first leg. Before that he was pulling the strings and Lazio looked the better team. Without him I didn't expect Lazio to do anything of note even though Savic and Correa have looked promising this year.

Other than that, yeah.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
@Markolan I already said it more than one time that today the top 2 European Leagues and by a significant margin are La Liga and the EPL.

Then on the second line is Serie A and the Bundesliga with Ligue 1 behind. Forgetting sometimes the jokes between who has the better League one thing is certain, the output of the Spanish clubs on UEFA competitions over the last years is quite impressive.

I know there is the common sense that it is a 1 or 2 team League but the reality is that even midtable teams there play a very high level of technical football. And the EPL on the top clubs has vast financial resources and some of the best managers in the world.

Honestly I don't know how Serie A will catch up in the near future, even with more investment imo.

I am going to be serious, this days the few times I spend my time watching full matches is on the knockout stages of Champions League or Europa League when some clubs from Portugal can compete.

A few games from the Premier League, and regarding Serie A after following Juve at the start of the season I lost my interest after a month. And of course some games of my club but even better not to talk about that. :lol:

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Milan 2-0 up vs Empoli. Kessie and Piatek.

Really like this side, far from capable of challenging Juve but it’s young and has a lot of potential.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Milan have turned their season around with a good january transfermarkt. Clearly favourite to finish 4th, if not 3rd atm.

Mick321

Robin Olsen showing how hopelessly shit he is once again. Every time he plays this guys drops clangers. Any Arsenal fans wanking over Monchi should remember the guy replaced Alisson with this clown.

And Nzonzi who gave the ball away has been a terrible signing too.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surprised Nzonzi hasn't been better, was excellent for Sevilla and thought he'd be a good fit in Seria A.

Yeah though Olsen in WC was protected a bit by Sweden's system and can't say he struck in more open team he's a keeper who'd keep a team in a game.

Was actually scrolling through the live scores just now and misread Frosinone as Fiorentina .

Good old Roma they never lose their knack of tossing away needless points against relegation fodder.

Mick321

That was one of the worst bits of defending you'll see this weekend. Waiting for the ball to bounce in his own box :lol: Dzeko steals it and scores.

Now 2-1 Roma, what a crazy minute! Good play Dzeko again.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Who's this ref? Players from both teams being tugged and dragged to the floor and he's not giving any fouls!

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Roma are a joke of a team. How the feck did they finish in semifinals of the CL last year?

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I can accept to lose to a better side like Napoli, but not in this way. If we don't sack the manager soon we are getting relegated for sure.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Napoli spent the past few games having about 20 good chances and not scoring once. This time they have 4 shots on target and score 4 goals.

Such a weird team

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Parma have Empoli, Genoa and Frosinone in their next 5 so would hold fire until that period.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can't believe that VAR decision, ball seemed to me to come off Inter player's chest.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I thought it was a penalty tbh
It was a tough call no doubt but looked from one angle it hit his chest and then brushed the arm.

Good comeback from Viola anyway, they're underachieving a bit in 10th.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Tonight's game was the best possible advertisement for VAR. The final penalty was very difficult to get right, but the VAR lead to Inter getting a penalty and Fiorentina having a goal disallowed. Both calls were correct and would not have been made if not for VAR. It takes the integrity of the game to a whole new level, superb.

wr8_utd

:'(
Tonight's game was the best possible advertisement for VAR. The final penalty was very difficult to get right, but the VAR lead to Inter getting a penalty and Fiorentina having a goal disallowed. Both calls were correct and would not have been made if not for VAR. It takes the integrity of the game to a whole new level, superb.
And it undid the good work with the final penalty to Fiorentina. It was too close to the player, hit the players chest and hit his arm. You surely can't give that as a penalty.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
And it undid the good work with the final penalty to Fiorentina. It was too close to the player, hit the players chest and hit his arm. You surely can't give that as a penalty.
The penalty was debatable, but the referee initially gave it anyway. So without VAR, we'd still have that penalty, but no penalty for Inter and Fiorentina's second goal would have stood.

wr8_utd

:'(
The penalty was debatable, but the referee initially gave it anyway. So without VAR, we'd still have that penalty, but no penalty for Inter and Fiorentina's second goal would have stood.
Ah okay, I get your point then.