Italian Serie A 2018-19

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Looks like big changes in the league, Inter are finally back in Champions league and for a change looks sensible in the transfer market too.

They have already signed Stefan di Vrij on free transfer, Asamoah on free transfer, Lautaro Martinez for 20 million. Now they are very close to finalising deal for Nainggolan (for 20 million + Zaniolo and one more youngster). Zaniolo is very highly rated youngster itseems.

They were also linked with Dembele, looks like that one isn't going anywhere. As it is, they have done some very good business.

Juventus have signed Douglas Costa and Perin. They are also trying to sign Darmian and/or Cancelo.

Roma have signed Coric, Cristante, Ivan Marcano and also close to finalising deal for Pastore.

Biggest change is at Napoli with Sarri getting sacked and replaced by Ancelotti. They have sigend Verdi for 25 million. Will be very interesting to see how many of these players will retain their level after Sarri.

Last season Napoli pushed Juventus till the last 2-3 weeks, ultimately fell bit short. Now they have changed the coach.

Also from this season Top 4 leagues will have 4 CL spots and all of them enter group stages.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing Lazio build on last season. I think Inzaghi's doing a great job there. Disappointed to see Lazio going into the season having lost de Vrij and potentially losing Felipe Anderson, though. Maybe Savic, too, though his price tag makes that unlikely. On the flip side, I'm interested in seeing who they sign this summer themselves.

Perfect time for me to start supporting Inter then having just moved to the area :)

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
Looks like big changes in the league, Inter are finally back in Champions league and for a change looks sensible in the transfer market too.

They have already signed Stefan di Vrij on free transfer, Asamoah on free transfer, Lautaro Martinez for 20 million. Now they are very close to finalising deal for Nainggolan (for 20 million + Zaniolo and one more youngster). Zaniolo is very highly rated youngster itseems.

They were also linked with Dembele, looks like that one isn't going anywhere. As it is, they have done some very good business.

Juventus have signed Douglas Costa and Perin. They are also trying to sign Darmian and/or Cancelo.

Roma have signed Coric, Cristante, Ivan Marcano and also close to finalising deal for Pastore.

Biggest change is at Napoli with Sarri getting sacked and replaced by Ancelotti. They have sigend Verdi for 25 million. Will be very interesting to see how many of these players will retain their level after Sarri.

Last season Napoli pushed Juventus till the last 2-3 weeks, ultimately fell bit short. Now they have changed the coach.

Also from this season Top 4 leagues will have 4 CL spots and all of them enter group stages.
and Kluivert Jr
Juve also signed Caldara and Spinazzola.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
The quality is improving, do any of the Italian fans reckon it will be back to how it was 10-20 years ago?

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Perfect time for me to start supporting Inter then having just moved to the area :)
Not a very sensible move. Inter is notorious for fecking up all the decisions which make a difference. Better than supporting Milan I guess, they could cease to exist in short time. Great stadium and history though

Inter reminds me of Man Utd, just without the noodle sponsors;)

The-Mezzala

Wow Inter are really having a go this season some great signings. Juve have also signed Can not sure why considering they have Khedira, Pjanic and Matuidi as centre mid options not sure if Emre gets 10 games this year with that infront of him. Napoli will struggle to repeat last season they really deserved to win it but bottled it towards the end. I rate Ancolotti as a coach but this group of players is totally wrong for how he likes his teams to set up. Lazio need to keep SMS if they want to stay relevant.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Now Juventus have signed Cancelo, one more quality addition for Juventus and sort of big miss for Inter.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Next year Serie A will be the tits again. A certain superstar is gonna play there :cool:

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown

Inter closed for the fifth transfer Nicola Politano from Sassuolo.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
So folks it is 1500 messages from me over these internet shores in almost two years, I really need to stop now and let this account decay for good: Ranieri gone, Guidolin & Mazzarri gone, Conte going, United stuttering. Thanks again for your time, then, I tried to behave honestly as an oppo fan. Still good riddance, I know :p. Have a nice time. Ciao belli!

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Wow Inter are really having a go this season some great signings. Juve have also signed Can not sure why considering they have Khedira, Pjanic and Matuidi as centre mid options not sure if Emre gets 10 games this year with that infront of him. Napoli will struggle to repeat last season they really deserved to win it but bottled it towards the end. I rate Ancolotti as a coach but this group of players is totally wrong for how he likes his teams to set up. Lazio need to keep SMS if they want to stay relevant.
Can will play way more than 10, he will most likely be one of the 4 regular starters in the midfield

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Napoli have confirmed that left-back Faouzi Ghoulam underwent successful knee surgery.

”Faouzi Ghoulam was operated at Villa Stuart this morning by Professor [Pier Paolo] Mariani, assisted by the Napoli team doctor [Alfonso] De Nicola,” read a statement on the Partenopei’s official website.

“The Azzurri defender underwent a small procedure to remove the metal pin in his right patella.

“Ghoulam will follow a personalised work programme next week.”
There were concerns over the weekend that he had damaged the knee again after it flared up following new training exercises, but that was not the case.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Juan Jesus and Di Marzio exchanged words on twitter, after Di Marzio reported on his website that Porto and Zenit had enquired about Juan Jesus -

“Really? You’re more informed than me, haha! Let me know when any other enquiries arrive.”

Di Marzio replies: “Hi JJ! Two big teams have asked Roma about you, no-one’s sold you, let alone me…

“I just said you were being courted and that you should be happy. Plus isn’t the rule that the clubs first negotiate and then they talk to the players? A hug.”

JJ : “They’re big teams, however they’re not bigger than AS ROMA. In fact, if the clubs negotiate first and then with the players, how do you know before me? Hahahaha, a hug my friend,” responded the former Inter stopper.

Di Marzio concluded: “In fact, you are right to stay! The two clubs have only asked Roma for information, without making any official bids, as I noted. Only enquiries, verified yesterday with [your] club. A hug, see you soon my friend!”

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Rangers defender Bruno Alves is reportedly set to return to Serie A with newly-promoted Parma.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Milan are trying their best to offload major flop Kalinic and free up wages to sign Simone Zaza from Valencia as a replacement.

izec

Inter are going in the right direction. Roma buying so many players, lets see if it turns out to be good business. I feel Napoli will suffer a bit this season.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Inter are going in the right direction. Roma buying so many players, lets see if it turns out to be good business. I feel Napoli will suffer a bit this season.
Roma has Monchi they will make smart moves in the market, maybe Inter will improve, not expecting much from Napoli under Ancelotti, I think they will get worse.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
See AC Milan have signed Halihovic on a free transfer. Looked a very exciting talent a few years back but career stalled last couple of years at Hamburg and Las Palmas.

Actually thought Barcelona still owned him but appears not.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Juve's ex director Moggi is claiming that Ronaldo has already signed for Juve and had his medical in Munich. I do think there's something going on here but it's probably too soon for a transfer of this magnitude to be completed so quickly and quietly.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Following the departures of Perin and Reina, Genoa and Napoli are tussling over the signature of Mexico's GK Ochoa. His agent has already told Standard Liege about his wishes to leave for the Serie A and he's currently in Italy trying to negotiate with the two interested clubs.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Di Marzio's website is saying that Fulham have approached Milan for the transfer of Musacchio. The defender had high hopes pinned on him after his transfer from Villareal but he has failed to break into the first team and he is one of the more expendable squad members who might be sold to raise funds.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Di Marzio's website is saying that Fulham have approached Milan for the transfer of Musacchio. The defender had high hopes pinned on him after his transfer from Villareal but he has failed to break into the first team and he is one of the more expendable squad members who might be sold to raise funds.
I was mentioning him as possible for new Argentina era the other day, only 27. He was great for Villareal so surprised it hasn't happened for him at Milan.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Napoli's team doctor has confirmed that Ghoulam will be back in action in about a month.

“As for Ghoulam, his operation was planned. We wanted to do it before the holidays but then we decided, along with the lad, to change our mind, get him back early and do it now.

“We removed the pin which was inserted in his patella, we want to be cautious with his recovery and make sure when he’s back he’s 100 per cent.

“We’ll need to wait about a month to get him working on the pitch, until then he’ll have rehab. We’ll schedule another check-up for four weeks and professor Mariani will give us the ok to train freely.”

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
How did you know? :lol:
I'm Georgina's ex boyfriend. We still talk sometimes when she's lonely at home :).

Nah it was my dad who told me like one month before. He knows some people from the Mendes camp but at the time I didn't really believe it but posted anyway. Hope it goes through, would probably get Juve's jersey for those 5 a side :drool:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Can't believe it is happening! No excuse for Juventus anymore. They must win the Champions League now, as CR7 still got 2/3 years left at high level.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Can't believe it is happening! No excuse for Juventus anymore. They must win the Champions League now, as CR7 still got 2/3 years left at high level.
never underestimate our ability to feck up CL finals, we did with juve team way stronger than this against opposition way weaker than the current one :rolleyes::D

Valerio

Supports
Juventus
5 finals lost in a row that some record for us really hard to beat for anyone!

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
never underestimate our ability to feck up CL finals, we did with juve team way stronger than this against opposition way weaker than the current one :rolleyes::D
Don't make excuses again lol! His signing is a big question mark for your dressing room though.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Don't make excuses again lol! His signing is a big question mark for your dressing room though.
not making excuses, we have managed to loose a final with platini, boniek and 7 world champions against a team 2 categories below and another one against a team made up with our second choices players, God knows if I give it for granted against the likes of Real, Barca,City, PSG and Bayern.

For sure if he comes he should bring a lot especially for the CL. I am not worried about the dressing room, Juve is generally good at managing this and Ronaldo has such a standing that I do not think it would make the others jealous. I am more curious about the tactics since it won't be easy to combine Costa,Dybala,Mandzu and Berna assuming Higuain will leave as they say

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Dybala behind Ronaldo and Mandzukic would be interesting.
yes that would replicate Real setup, but would penalize Costa who has been outstanding this season especially in the second part and that would be a shame. I would rather prefer a 4231 with dybala costa and Mandzukic behind Ronaldo but that is probably too unbalanced