Italian Serie A - 2019-20

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
:p

Is Juve buying anyone this window? I know Inter are after Giroud and maybe a midfielder...
With Rabiot and Ramsey still not really into it, midfield getting a bit more quality maybe? Can going to PSG for Paredes or to Barcelona for Rakitic seems a rumour with a logic and some traction in Turin.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Three-horses race, three teams still in the CL but the leaders out already... bloody farmers league! :devil:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Obligatory "Luis Alberto :drool:" post

Cagliari should have won that 5-0. I don't know how many chances Simeone needs
Yeah, he's a terrible finisher. I remember watching Cagliari-Verona a while back and he had one of the worst misses I've seen this season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What's that? I don't speak Italian or would it better if I didn't in this instance?
Nothing particularly notable except for the idiot who throws a homophobe insult

The rest is just your run of the mill personal insults - piece of shit, buffoon, idiot, toupee, take off the cat, and then of course they settled on his past as juventus captain(and later manager) with hunchback(juventus are called hunchbacks by opposing fans)

And then a genius at the end "the cat has rabies!"

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Nothing particularly notable except for the idiot who throws a homophobe insult

The rest is just your run of the mill personal insults - piece of shit, buffoon, idiot, toupee, take off the cat, and then of course they settled on his past as juventus captain(and later manager) with hunchback(juventus are called hunchbacks by opposing fans)

And then a genius at the end "the cat has rabies!"
Nice stuff.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Sampdoria - Juventus starts in an hour ... Sarri going fully Sarriball again

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
De Ligt or Demiral? Who has been the best so far this season?
Neither filling Chiellini shoes just now but at 20yo no CB really can. De Ligt still shows some awkward decision making when caught off guard and Demiral is still too raw and instinctive to be fully trusted against top level opposition. That said, both will be top level in 2-3 years for sure, hopefully at Juve but more probably abroad.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Inter going level and at the top again for the Christmas break after a dismantling 4-0 vs Genoa... what a turnaround for a club so many times deemed La Pazza Inter aka moody, inconsistent, unable to keep momentum.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Inter going level and at the top again for the Christmas break after a dismantling 4-0 vs Genoa... what a turnaround for a club so many times deemed La Pazza Inter aka moody, inconsistent, unable to keep momentum.
Conte is a serious manager. Does wonders with a side that’s mostly average with a few top players.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Milan. :lol:

Atalanta could get 6 or 7 here if they really want to.

RedDevilRoshi

Seriously, wtf has happened to Milan over the last number of years?

I still remember when they were one of, if not the best team in European.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

Incredible mismanagement. They should have been what Juventus are now. Instead they've let Juventus completely overtake them.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus

Uncle Bunga in Milan, a Christmas Carol: “A certain illustrious & controversial owner going un-named here :wenger: had no more need to entertain himself, his fans & voters with a football club that had won it all and so, as he was becoming old, his sons and daughters started to press him to sell. Uncle Bunga, though, did not want to sell but had an undeclared fortune parked abroad in fiscal havens that needed to repatriate asap... so he chose some asian puppet and transferred him the club in exchange of half a billion euros plus some more if the deal was not completed within some months... the deal was not completed, the asian puppet lost his own (.....:D....) billion and the club was shipped to a big hedge fund named Elliot that was curating Uncle Bunga’s fortune abroad and now curates the football club keeping it at a bare minimum for the fools, until the next move is needed to move half a billion or a billion euros again.............”:devil:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Lazio win the supercup.

Another very impressive season in the making from Simone Inzaghi.

Can see Juventus having a good look at him end of the season. Don't think Sarri's going to last too long there.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Sarri lost 3-1 to Lazio, learnt absolutely nothing from it and then lost to Lazio 3-1 again. Fitting.

Juve need to buy a midfielder in January

KC91

What a freekick by Cataldi to seal it. It doesn't get much better than than from a precision standpoint.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sarri lost 3-1 to Lazio, learnt absolutely nothing from it and then lost to Lazio 3-1 again. Fitting.

See Rabiot and Ramsey were both on the bench. I assume neither has made much of an impact (inevitably Ramsey has had injuries).

Don't really understand Juve stockpiling all these midfielders as Sarri showed at Napoli and Chelsea he dosen't rotate a huge amount during the season. Isn't Emre Can still there aswell?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Haven't seen the game today. The league one, they fecked up too many good chances and then cuadrado fecked up. They did struggle to defend lazio's counters in the second half, after bentancour went off, but then again lazio are one of the best counterattacking teams in the world. In general juventus lost in a very un-juventuslike manner, they were the better team and lost because the key moments went against them

Not sure what was to learn from that though. Convert your chances?

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
See Rabiot and Ramsey were both on the bench. I assume neither has made much of an impact (inevitably Ramsey has had injuries).

Don't really understand Juve stockpiling all these midfielders as Sarri showed at Napoli and Chelsea he dosen't rotate a huge amount during the season. Isn't Emre Can still there aswell?
They should play Rabiot-Pjanic-Bentancur, Matuidi's only elite attribute was his pressing but he's not that good at it anymore and it doesn't make up for the fact he stumbles on the ball every time he has it. He's a very good option for certain games but he shouldn't be an automatic starter. Ideally they'd get Vidal back though.

Ramsey and Douglas Costa are technically levels above most other Juve players but they're always injured and then it takes them a while to get into form. Once they actually get into form then they immediately get injured.

Biggest difference compared to last season is there's no Chiellini and their defense is a lot worse without him so I don't think there's any reason to panic as I beelieve he's scheduled to return in February. Winter break will be good for them too.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Haven't seen the game today. The league one, they fecked up too many good chances and then cuadrado fecked up. They did struggle to defend lazio's counters in the second half, after bentancour went off, but then again lazio are one of the best counterattacking teams in the world. In general juventus lost in a very un-juventuslike manner, they were the better team and lost because the key moments went against them

Not sure what was to learn from that though. Convert your chances?
They had less shots and less chances to score in both games, they weren't the better team in either game. If Lazio were clinical they'd have score 5 or 6 in each game.

Lazio got knocked out of the Europa League group stages by Celtic and Cluj with 6 points in 6 games, they're not that good.

What was there to learn? Don't let Luis Alberto roam around with all the space in the world, don't make it easy for their defense by playing like a team that only attacks through the width of the penalty areas, do something to prevent Correa and Immobile from completely dominating when long balls were played, dpn't cross the ball from 40 meters away when the only players in the box are Ronaldo and 5 Lazio defenders? It was the exact same game.

Last edited:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Sarri selected a lethargic eleven and got a lethargic approach, Lazio clearly enjoying this and going on the counter. Good game to them again and see you in 2020.