Italian Serie A - 2019-20

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Better than Juve s?
They are pretty close imo. Especially if Barella fulfills his potential. Brozovic is extremely underrated and Sensi had a great last season. As I said, potentially they look very good on paper.

calm down - they played against one of the worst if not the worst team in Serie A
Am calm. It isn't only about this game.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Inter are missing a creative player and depth.

Their starting defense, midfield and strikeforce is good enough to compete with Juve. Godin, De Vrij and Skriniar are top centrebacks, Handanovic a top keeper, Brozovic, Sensi and Barella are still unproven as a unit but on paper they'll make a very good midfield. Lukaku and Lautaro are guaranteed goals.

They'll have problems at unblocking defenses in certain games though, they miss the kind of player that can win games from nothing.

That's just looking at starting eleven vs starting eleven. Juve's superior depth sets them apart.

Lee565

I look at inter and despite being tight with their money, it looks like they have created a better first 11 than what united have this season.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Luis Alberto :drool:

He's really taking to a deeper midfield position.
Brozović - Sensi - Barella is excellent midfield. Potentially best in Serie A.
Personally not big on Barella myself but Brozovic and Sensi are excellent. I'd have both here just behind Pogba.

BRozovic would be especially nice as @Ban would finally get to see a Croatian player play for us :D

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I know it is only one game bur Inter have the makings of a potential title challenger. Great game by them.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I look at inter and despite being tight with their money, it looks like they have created a better first 11 than what united have this season.
That's because grass is always greener elsewhere. They have good players and few bang average players.

Go to their forum and it's no different, moaning about every position.

Ban

Luis Alberto :drool:

He's really taking to a deeper midfield position.

Personally not big on Barella myself but Brozovic and Sensi are excellent. I'd have both here just behind Pogba.

BRozovic would be especially nice as @Ban would finally get to see a Croatian player play for us :D
He'd be a great buy but I lost all hope of seeing a Croatian at OT. :(

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Good performance by Inter but overrated by the fact that Liverani played a crazy system: 4-3-1-2 with 3 players who rarely helped the defense: A suicide against any top team.

Imho Lecce are not shite, simply it was the 1st game of the season and they went all-in. Just watch again the first 2 goals, how many Lecce players were defending? 7, impossible to not concede. Manchester City would have won 8-0 yesterday.

It's something that Conte won't see again (except from Roma and Atalanta maybe). I want to see this team against a real catenaccio, a low-table team that defend with 9 outfield players like Newcastle did few days ago vs Tottenham. I want to see what they can do (not a critic, just curiosity)

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Saw Inter highlights, some very good goals in the game especially Candreva goal.

Wondering if Serie A might be much more competitive this year and worth watching, and also interested to see how our old bosses get on at Inter / Juve. I enjoyed Sarri developing his style last year and be good see him try it with players Juve have.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Lecce's Falco looked an interesting player against Inter.

He'd be a great buy but I lost all hope of seeing a Croatian at OT. :(
Don't give up hope! I mean, we eventually saw a German play for us so there's hope for a Croatian player yet!

CoffeeFootball

Supports
Milan
I honestly can't believe we managed to look worse than under Gattuso. I really hope its just a case of the players failing to adapt to a new system, but as failures go this was quite spectacularly:

- Not a single pre season game won.
- Not a single shot on target in the first match of the season.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Next two games are a must win before the big derby, was thinking of getting tickets but I have a feeling Lukaku will score and I don't know if I'm ready to see that live.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I rate Conte as coach and Inter Milan's Starting XI looks interesting but woh woh woh too many people have the "Manchester United 4-0 Chelsea feeling" about their win.....IT WAS LECCE.
The matches from Matchday 4 to 8 will be the real tests: Milan, Lazio, Sampdoria, Juventus, and Sassuolo (Just 1 win against them in the last 10 games).
I honestly can't believe we managed to look worse than under Gattuso. I really hope its just a case of the players failing to adapt to a new system, but as failures go this was quite spectacularly:

Is it true that Giampaolo will already change the formation for the next match?

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
João Mario has joined Lokomotiv Moskva on a season long loan with an obligation to buy for 18m euros. Quite a failure for Inter, considering he was bought 3 years ago for 45m.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
If you saw inter play then you probably saw they had our last few seasons up in strike.

Lukakus performance summed up our last few years. He did score a rebound though.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
João Mario has joined Lokomotiv Moskva on a season long loan with an obligation to buy for 18m euros. Quite a failure for Inter, considering he was bought 3 years ago for 45m.
People been crying tears of joy and relief :lol:

Seriously, €80m for joao mario and gabigol, that whole summer was a disaster. Can't even blame ausilio for it, for once he was the good guy desperately trying to convince new owners suning they were being scammed by Kia Joorabcoso :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Goals seemed to have dried up for Piatek.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Next two games are a must win before the big derby, was thinking of getting tickets but I have a feeling Lukaku will score and I don't know if I'm ready to see that live.
you'll have alexis to look forward to seeing now, too :p

CoffeeFootball

Supports
Milan
Is it true that Giampaolo will already change the formation for the next match?
He complained in the last press conference that the players don't understand his tactics, that they are not suited for it, and he needs to make some adjustments. We shall see whatever that means, but what's for sure is that he is one stubborn mofo. He had better players on the bench from the start, and didn't play them because they didn't play enough pre-season games to understand his formation.

That would be all well and good, if the guys in pre-season games showed that they understood it, and a blind man hearing the results (not a single victory) would see that they didn't.

Goals seemed to have dried up for Piatek.
He is played out of position, can't expect an around the box striker to score from the fecking left wing.

Reactions: van der star

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
Lukaku,Sanchez,Lautaro and probably Llorente (his agent was at Inter hq today)… and awaiting for a midfielder…..

not bad :cool:

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
He complained in the last press conference that the players don't understand his tactics, that they are not suited for it, and he needs to make some adjustments. We shall see whatever that means, but what's for sure is that he is one stubborn mofo. He had better players on the bench from the start, and didn't play them because they didn't play enough pre-season games to understand his formation.

That would be all well and good, if the guys in pre-season games showed that they understood it, and a blind man hearing the results (not a single victory) would see that they didn't.
Thanks for the answer......puh already a toxic atmosphere :nervous:
What would be your Starting XI?

CoffeeFootball

Supports
Milan
@CoffeeFootball really, who played down the middle....Borini?!:lol::eek:
Nobody in particular really. Samu was suppose to play the role of a second striker, drop down and collect the ball/link the play to the final third where Piatek was suppose to be. Instead more often than not Piatek was either dropping in the mid to get the ball he wasn't receiving, or drifting out wide for some reason..it was just a mess to watch.

Thanks for the answer......puh already a toxic atmosphere :nervous:
What would be your Starting XI?
Let me get my football manager hat on:

------------------------------Piatek----------------------------
-------------Hakan---------Paqueta----------------------Suso
------------------------Bennacer--Kessie--------------------
---------Rodriguez----Romagnoli--Musacchio-------Calabria
--------------------------Donnarumma-----------------------

That's probably the best 11 we have :nervous:

Looking at the supposed formation online is giving me a headache. Apparently it was a midfield diamond with Calhanoglu holding (?!) and Borini as a shuttler (?!!) with Piatek and Castillejo up front (?!!!).
I honestly have no idea how Borini keeps getting game time, under different managers. The guy is a hard worker, but all his work amounts to nothing 99% of the time, he is simply useless.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Chiellini did his ACL

Don't yet know how bad is it. If it's complete rupture it might well be the end of his career

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
At 35 that's one hell of an injury, I'd be surprised if he ever plays at a top level again. He was easily Juventus' best centreback, De Ligt-Bonucci will be a weird combination.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
Chiellini just just broke his knee crusader. under surgery on the next days. Bad injury especially at his age.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Noticed just now that Juve bought that North Korean striker from Cagliari, could have found someone better to replace Kean.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
1 day before Juve-Napoli too

I don't know what the hell they do at Juventus before the big games but it would be nice if a key player didn't get injured every single time. Last year was a complete disaster in that department and this year has started just as badly

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
At 35 that's one hell of an injury, I'd be surprised if he ever plays at a top level again. He was easily Juventus' best centreback, De Ligt-Bonucci will be a weird combination.
That means Rugani is staying put then. Wonder if they'll buy another CB.
Demiral is most likely ahead of Rugani in the pecking order. Would not surprise me if he'll be paired with either one of Bonucci or de Ligt. Maybe not to start with but eventually.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Another weird handball incident, this time no penalty even though it looked like one :houllier:

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Lozano doesn't start, Juve's midfield looks suspect, should have started with Bentancur instead of one of Khedira/Matuidi.