Italian Serie A - 2019-20

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Danilo played 70 minutes without any major feckups. Alex Sandro comes on for him and does that :lol:

Did they swap souls or what

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Milan have been in fantastic form recently! Juve lucky Lazio and Inter have been dropping points.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Its a shame no other team can give Juve a real title challenge. I mean they are shit!!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Milan are in great shape though, given the circumstances. Probably the fittest team next to Atalanta

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Danilo played 70 minutes without any major feckups. Alex Sandro comes on for him and does that :lol:

Did they swap souls or what
Danilo has genuinely had a better season than Alex Sandro. Alex Sandro's reputation has been living off a great season from like 4 or 5 years ago, he's not been good enough for so long

Every time Juve play him and Matuidi down that left side it's a chore to watch Juve play football

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
A Rugani-Bonucci partnership special following the disaster against Ajax last year... goes to show just how important De Ligt already is.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
How juventus managed to sign Cristiano and get worse as a team is beyond me

always_hoping

Didn't get the chance to watch it but for those that did how well did Zlatan play in that Juve v Milan?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Didn't get the chance to watch it but for those that did how well did Zlatan play in that Juve v Milan?
Eeeh. Not really well but his presence is huge for milan. Technically a goal and an assist too

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
If Atalanta win next week they could remarkably come into the conversation.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Atalanta will seal 3rd spot at this rate. Inter having quite a meltdown this late in the season, I guess the lack of quality is catching up to the luck they've had for the majority of the season.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Missed Verona 'cause of United. Sounds like Amrabat had another brilliant game. I'll have to watch a replay of the game.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I watched last ten minutes, see what you mean about him Yaga, very strong holding onto the ball which wasted a bit of time when it was 2-2.

Skills

Snitch
Atalanta have scored 85 goals this season in 31 games? Anyone to watch out for?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Atalanta have scored 85 goals this season in 31 games? Anyone to watch out for?
Most of their key attackers are quite old now for an elite team to take on. Ilicic is actually 32 now although gone under the radar for many years as he's been good at other clubs in Italy.

The playmaker Papu Gomez is also 32. Upfront they have Luis Muriel who didn't make much impact for Sevilla and has had an o.k scoring record at other Italian clubs. Just 5 in 32 games for Colombia. I've always felt Duvan Zapata is a pretty good striker but he's another who's moved from Napoli to Udinese to Sampdoria scoring 1 every 3 games before goal spree for Atalanta. Colombia only started calling him up in 2017. Ideal counter attacking striker.

Really like the LB Gosens who I think a few teams will be looking at given he's in his mid 20s.

I remember a few years back Mattia Caldara had a fantastic season in defence for Atalanta. Then went to Milan and hardly played (injuries) so back at Atalanta.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Lazio losing again.

Think Sassuolo will give Juve a decent match.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
IF

Atalanta smash juventus tonight

Juventus then lose to Sassuolo

Atalanta win all their games

Maybe hopefully Lazio or Roma or someone else could also beat Juventus

And Atalanta win the title

Yagami

Good post resistant
I watched last ten minutes, see what you mean about him Yaga, very strong holding onto the ball which wasted a bit of time when it was 2-2.
I got round to watching the full game and, yet again, he was brilliant. I've seen him dominate Brozovic, Pjanic, Tonali, etc, all season. Fiorentina have got themselves a gem, and I already would want us to sign him ASAP to sit behind Pogba and Bruno. He pretty much has the on the ball qualities of Matic along with the energy of Fred/McTominay.

You mentioned his strength on the ball and that's why I've likened him to the Dembele that used to play for Spurs. Like Arthur Melo, he's also a master of them 360 turns to resist pressing opposition.

If I were to do a Serie A team of the season, him and Veloso would both be my CMs in the team this year.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
IF

One can hope. They'd definitely be the more deserving team too, if only they had a deeper squad to maintain their high tempo style throughout the season. If Juve win this season, it'll be their poorest campaign in recent history.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
One can hope. They'd definitely be the more deserving team too, if only they had a deeper squad to maintain their high tempo style throughout the season. If Juve win this season, it'll be their poorest campaign in recent history.
i mean, depends how they win. Certainly it's not as impressive as last season(though in truth the performances haven't been all that different), but they're still on pace for a 90+ points season

Poor is relative is my point

RooneyLegend

IF

I've dreamt of this scenario.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
It's very hard not to sympathise to this Atalanta team. What these players and Gasperini have been doing for some time now, is nothing short of sensational.

This team deserves to lift a major trophy.

RooneyLegend

Gotta love Papu Gomes, whoever thought it was a good idea to get rid of no10's is an idiot.