Italian Serie A - 2019-20

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Hopefully the title race will be lot closer this season.

Manager changes
Juventus from Allegri to Sarri
Roma from Ranieri to Paulo Fonseca
Inter from Spalletti to Conte

Milan will also have a new manager.

B & W

Supports
Juventus Turin
I think that Chelsea fans can be interested to the next Serie A season. They know very well the managers of the three top teams. Perhaps they will found here the next one to manage their team. Usually italian managers are successful with them. The manager of Milan will be Giampaolo, former manager of Sampdoria. May be...

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Seems like Inter have signed Sensi. I think that's a great signing. Him and Brozovic should be decent!

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Manolas-Koulibaly will be an incredible CB partnership for Napoli. They’ve done a great job of keeping all their best players. Skriniar-Godin and possibly Chiellini-De Ligt are great too.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
Manolas-Koulibaly will be an incredible CB partnership for Napoli. They’ve done a great job of keeping all their best players. Skriniar-Godin and possibly Chiellini-De Ligt are great too.
Dont forget Stefan De Vrij….

Seems like Inter have signed Sensi. I think that's a great signing. Him and Brozovic should be decent!
Him and especially Barella will definitely improve the midfield, even though most of Inter fans are waiting for a big name (someone like Sergej Milinkovic Savic, but it seems he will go to PSG unfortunately)

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
What are people’s thoughts on Lorenzo Pellegrini at Roma.

Reckon he’ll push on or does Zaniolo coming through and Cristante keep him out of the side?

Ooge_

Supports
Werder
Juve may announce transfers tomorrow. Will be pretty impressive, if they present De Ligt and Rabiot. I expect Juve to sell Dybala and Khedira. Maybe they even put it another step forward and buy Isco or Eriksen for the 10.
The Seria A is gaining reputation back in the last years. The Trend is your friend!

------Ronaldo-----------------Keane-------
-----------------Ramsey-------------------
-----Betancur---------------Rabiot--------
------------------Pjanic---------------------
Sandro--Bonucci------de Ligt----Cancelo
----------------Szczesny-------------------

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Khedira, Mandzukic, Higuain, Cancelo are all on being shopped around. Possible they will look to sell Matuidi as well(if so, could be a bargain for a club looking for an experienced midfielder)

Bonucci might consider leaving as he's more likely to be dropped than Chiellini -their captain and best defender.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Will Juve sign Jorginho? Certainly space if Khedira and Matudi are moved on. Disciple of Sarriball after all.

I think Dybala will stay, can see him doing o.k whereas Mandzukic dosen't feel like a great fit in the new style.

SambaBoy

Why are Juventus trying to move on Cancelo? Looked quality last year.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Why are Juventus trying to move on Cancelo? Looked quality last year.
Only for the first few months, was a disaster defensively after that and regularly got benched by De Sciglio. Was awful in the Ajax tie.

He ended up getting benched with Portugal too.

They should keep him regardless though.

SambaBoy

Only for the first few months, was a disaster defensively after that and regularly got benched by De Sciglio. Was awful in the Ajax tie.

He ended up getting benched with Portugal too.

They should keep him regardless though.
Ah makes sense.

I've heard him called the best RB in the world or at least in the top 3-5, which made me wonder why Juventus were happy to sell him.

I remember him at Valencia/Inter and was never impressed with his defensive game. Thought he would struggle at the very biggest clubs unless he improved that side of his game. Was surprised when Juventus signed him and kept reading that he was sensational there.

ReallyUSA

Wish it was this exciting when I lived there. I know Juve are going to runaway with everything barring a crazy turn of events, but 2-4 should be fun. Forza

quackattack

Wouldn't be surprised if Juve won the league and reached the semis, or even finale in CL next season.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Looks like inter are building something solid here. So far Godin, Lazaro, Sensi & Barella. Did I miss any? Perhaps Lukaku & Pellegrini on the way too.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Handanovic

Skriniar-Godin-De Vrij

Lazaro-Brozovic-Barella-Asamoah

Naingollan

Lautaro-Dzeko
With Conte as manager. They're going to need to avoid the injury crisis they had last season but they're good enough to challenge for the title. I think Juve, Napoli and Inter will be way ahead of the rest next season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Handanovic

Skriniar-Godin-De Vrij

Naingollan

Lautaro-Dzeko
With Conte as manager. They're going to need to avoid the injury crisis they had last season but they're good enough to challenge for the title. I think Juve, Napoli and Inter will be way ahead of the rest next season.
Only if Conte does miracles :lol:

Btw, they haven't signed barella yet, dzeko now looks a unlikely and they're trying to sell nainngolan

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Milan are about to announce the signing of Theo Hernandez from Madrid. 5 year deal, 20m fee, I'm surprised it's not an initial loan with obligation to buy kind of deal.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
And I'm hoping Dani Ceballos follows Hernandez in the coming days and signs for Milan.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Handanovic

Skriniar-Godin-De Vrij

Naingollan

Lautaro-Dzeko
Sensi > Naingollan

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Inter have mentality issues but Conte should improve that.

Watching that last game their full backs were awful, still playing someone like D'Ambrosio who must be their Ashley Young jinx player. They are probably similar to Man. United in that team on paper looks decent but reality once on the pitch is very different.

Where's Icardi going then? He's not playing in international tournament so would've thought his name would be linked to lots of teams but barely seen him in conversation with any elite club.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
How do we feel about what Juve have done so far? They identified the midfield as the problem and were able to add to pieces in Ramsey and Rabiot on free transfers but there squad still does not look good enough to win the CL.

Inter to me are looking the likely challenger for the Title.

Napoli look solid.

Will for sure keep an eye on Roma to see how Fonseca does there.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't get why people keep overestimating inter players :houllier:

Have a look at the juventus team ffs. Pretty much the only players at inter who'd make the rotation at juventus are handa, the cbs and brozovic....and only handa would be a starter

*I* could coach this juventus to a title ffs, they're in different league from everyone else just on talent. Case in point the last two seasons in which napoli consistently played better than them only for juventus to keep grinding out wins because they had Dybala/Higuain/Douglas Costa/Cristiano...

Thisistheone

How do we feel about what Juve have done so far? They identified the midfield as the problem and were able to add to pieces in Ramsey and Rabiot on free transfers but there squad still does not look good enough to win the CL.

Inter to me are looking the likely challenger for the Title.

Napoli look solid.

Will for sure keep an eye on Roma to see how Fonseca does there.
Same here. Heard very good things about Fonseca so we shall see.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Same here. Heard very good things about Fonseca so we shall see.
Talented manager. In Portugal carried a minnow side into 3rd place and to a CL playoff spot and did fantastic in Shaktar as well.

Bondi77

I don’t really watch this league but I do get live games through my service provider so am thinking about taking a few in next season.
Just a couple of questions for those who watch it regularly;
Is Serge any good or just a one season wonder?
Would Barella be a good fit for us and do you think he would adapt to the quicker pace of England?

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Mihajlovic has been diagnosed with leukemia, but seems like he'll stay on as Bologna coach.

B & W

Supports
Juventus Turin
I don't get why people keep overestimating inter players :houllier:

Have a look at the juventus team ffs. Pretty much the only players at inter who'd make the rotation at juventus are handa, the cbs and brozovic....and only handa would be a starter

*I* could coach this juventus to a title ffs, they're in different league from everyone else just on talent. Case in point the last two seasons in which napoli consistently played better than them only for juventus to keep grinding out wins because they had Dybala/Higuain/Douglas Costa/Cristiano...
Last year the difference between Juventus and Inter was about 30 points (Juventus stopped to play in the last two months because the Scudetto was sure).

This season Juventus is going to improve very much the side.
This is a list of players that have be signed or sent off until now (or that are supposed to be sent off/signed).

Out:______________In:
Perin______________Buffon (last year, probably)
Caceres____________Demiral
Barzagli____________De Ligt
Khedira (?)_________Ramsey
Matuidi (?)_________Rabiot
Mandzukic (?)_______Icardi (?)
Spinazzola__________Pellegrini (?) (not sure if he will stay in Turin or will be lended to another side)

Juventus sent off many too old players and signed younger and, in many cases, much better players. Not sure what they will do in the future (time will stop on september the 2nd) but is possible that some improvements can occur again.

It's not very likely that Inter can close this gap only with the players they bought until now (and I don't think that adding Lukaku will be enough, even if they could buy it).

Reactions: van der star