Italian Serie A - 2019-20

thepolice123

Inter lost control of the game the moment Sensi went off. Their football became very disorganised and they lacked the link-up from the midfield to attack.

I thought Brozovic had an excellent game. First time watching him play in Inter I was very impressed by him passing and awareness. Such a terrific player. Solved plenty of problems for Inter when they were transitioning from defence to attack. His midfield compatriots Barella and Vecino seems pretty average though.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
First half was intense, both teams were playing good end to end stuff, then Sensi got injured and Inter went off the boil. Pjanic played a good ball to Dybala who scored, De Ligt handled the ball and Lautaro equalised. Second half was relatively chill, Juve switched around with formations, played good football and Higuain scored the second. Inter have had a few chances to score but they couldn't take advantage.
Oh, and Lukaku has been Lukaku.
Cheers mate! Shame I was not able to watch but glad Juve got the win and that Ronnie played well. Seems Sari ball is starting to go into fruition.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Was a very good end to end game. Juve played well, if Inter had a better player than Lukaku they may have won.

Been pretty even imo.
Cheers mate! Appreciate the reply;)

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
IMO one of the best games Ronaldo played recently and the stats won’t tell it, it’s clear Juventus is improving, and playing for Sarri will benefit him from an individual point of view, with this I am not blaming Allegri, it’s only a different type of football, not saying one is better than the other.

wr8_utd

:'(
Juve, as expected, are a very very good side and they showed it today. There's been lots of hysteria about Conte and Inter but I don't expect them to finish close to Juve at the end of a season. This is a Juve side that anyway wins the League for fun and they've added lots of world class players to that team.

B & W

Supports
Juventus Turin
Wasn’t the plan to straight swap him with Lukaku though?
It was not clear if there are some millions more or not, but in any cases, selling Dybala for 80/90 millions would have been very good for P&L, and Juventus need that.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
As a year 1 project in need of stability and consistency, Inter can take a lot of positives out of two hard fought losses in three days against two elite teams like barca and juve, but they really need to overcome Dortmund in the next two CL games after the international break in order to keep going forward.

Gibb11

Quite a horrible week for Conte. Reality-check in both the UCL and Serie A.

Bugger; I truly want Juventus to finish 2nd this season.
Yeah they lost both but I think they come out of this showing they have much improved from last season and these were real test, with a bit of luck they could have won tonight, but I think juventus deserves to edge this tonight

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I have nothing against Inter but I can't wish Conte to win the league after the way he took the piss out of our club in his last six months.

My preference would be Carlo and Napoli but that won't be happening so hopefully Juve do it again.

van Hooijdonk

They may have lost today, but for just 3 months Conte made Inter relevant again. They are a good team and tough to crack now. Last 5-6 years they were atrociuos and mediocre for most of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Yeah they lost both but I think they come out of this showing they have much improved from last season and these were real test, with a bit of luck they could have won tonight, but I think juventus deserves to edge this tonight
That's the only positive thought: Inter created chances in both games.

B & W

Supports
Juventus Turin
I have nothing against Inter but I can't wish Conte to win the league after the way he took the piss out of our club in his last six months.

My preference would be Carlo and Napoli but that won't be happening so hopefully Juve do it again.
What did Conte do to your club? You can win the league with him, and you were certainly not the better team that year. If someone has to be pissed about what happened in the second year is Conte. Players decided to fight the manager because they did not appreciate him, as they did probably before with Mourinho.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
It is an interesting read from both Ramsey and Godin saying that Serie A is more physical than they expected. Godin is clearly out of shape atm, as showed yesterday. On the other hand, Higuain said a few weeks ago that he found the EPL too intense and demanding, with Sarri adding that it will be difficult for him to make Juve keep that intensity for long periods, because the squad is athletically used to endurance work instead of high number of sprints.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
AC Milan sacking Giampaolo to hire Spalletti in a few days, a proven stabiliser and top 4 achiever!

edit: Sampdoria just fired Di Francesco, ominous fall from a CL semifinal with Roma to bottom of Serie A and out of work in early Oct.

piesel

They cannot afford Allegri or Mourinho, Pioli seems to be the choice.

Last edited:

CoffeeFootball

Supports
Milan
They cannot afford Allegri or Mourinho, Pioli seems to be the choice.
That is not true at all, if you look at our spending in recent years. We can afford good players and managers alike, we just don't seem to contract either ones.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
With all the beliefs that Juve has been dominating Italy because they have much more economic power that the other teams I checked the net spending of Inter, Milan and Juve since the 11-12 seasons, which is when Juve started its current dominance.

In that period, Juve net spending has been 388.06 million euros, Inter 335.06 and Milan 410.44.

If we only look at the last 4 seasons, Juve net spending is 172.72, Inter 308.74 and Milan 326.42.

This analysis may be simplistic, but it shows how important good owners are. Its more about the scouting and how smart you are with your money than how much money you have.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
With all the beliefs that Juve has been dominating Italy because they have much more economic power that the other teams I checked the net spending of Inter, Milan and Juve since the 11-12 seasons, which is when Juve started its current dominance.

In that period, Juve net spending has been 388.06 million euros, Inter 335.06 and Milan 410.44.

If we only look at the last 4 seasons, Juve net spending is 172.72, Inter 308.74 and Milan 326.42.

This analysis may be simplistic, but it shows how important good owners are. Its more about the scouting and how smart you are with your money than how much money you have.
It's not just the player transfers. Have you seen the salaries for current season? Juve is paying their players 150million more than Inter does who are 2nd on the list.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
It's not just the player transfers. Have you seen the salaries for current season? Juve is paying their players 150million more than Inter does who are 2nd on the list.
Thats true, but it has to do with the same. If instead of spending about 80 million euros on Lukaku they do smarter business, they could afford higher wages. Juve can afford high wages because they get a lot of their transfers for free or cheap. Theres no doubt that Juventus is better economically than both, but the difference in available money is not that big. The difference is that Juventus has been smart in the trasnfer market while Inter and Milan have been a mess.

dev1l

Juventus sign many players on free transfer but these usually end up with very high wages

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Juventus sign many players on free transfer but these usually end up with very high wages
Ramsey at €14m a year over 5 years is more expensive than sensi at €10m(wage+transfer fee)

Juventus sign Ramsey, Can and Rabiot on a free because they can afford it. The others can't. Inter might, now. But only now

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Agnelli’s stated intent with all this expensive rebranding (new logo, galacticos policy, attacking football, no-stripes shirt) is both for football: scaling up and getting ready for superleague, or sort of, by 2024; and followers: esports are football’s main competitor among youngsters, he says, so you have to feed them videogame-like experience.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Agnelli is a grade A cnut but he's very good at his job. Same with John.

Good thing we have Lapo :lol: