Italian Serie A - 2019-20

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Atalanta 2 up at Lazio and currently top of Serie A.

Actually thought their results had taken a dip from being in CL so really surprised they're that high. If they win today that will be six wins out of their first eight games so very impressive. Still great to watch.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Baila como El Papu! Atalanta 3-0 up now. They're capable of such great football in the league games, wonder why they can't display similar form in the CL.

piesel

Baila como El Papu! Atalanta 3-0 up now. They're capable of such great football in the league games, wonder why they can't display similar form in the CL.
I think they paid the inexperience of several players, many of them were at the debut in CL and european cups.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
3-3 after yet another Immobile penalty

Atalanta in full flow are insanely good but they're very meltdown prone too

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Juve are masochists, there's no other explanation for how they handle these games. Bologna hit the bar and Buffon pulled off a wondersave in the last minute to get the win.

6th win by a 1 goal margin out of 7 and the other game was a 2-0 win at home against SPAL :lol:

Very negative substitutions by Sarri. How Bernardechi can play 90 minutes for Juve is beyond me, he's the italian Lucas Vasquez. Douglas Costa is badly needed.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I don't understand the rules anymore. I thought that was handball in todays game.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
De ligt still seems out of place, but overall Juventus is looking good, every game there is improvement. Need to work on converting chances, there is no need to suffer on the last minutes of games that where completely controlled like today.

wr8_utd

:'(
De Ligt just looks nothing like the player he was at Ajax (apart from the mistakes).

B & W

Supports
Juventus Turin
I don't understand the rules anymore. I thought that was handball in todays game.
De Ligt was trying to kick the ball and he managed to do that. If then the ball touch without intention the arm, this is not penalty. That is what some experts said on TV.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
@GifLord can you find images for De Ligt handball? some says he deflected it with his leg some says that if the arm/elbow is below the shoulder and it's unintentional it's not penalty anyway

fps

De Ligt just looks nothing like the player he was at Ajax (apart from the mistakes).
New team new country new playing style in a better league. They know he's not the finished article yet and so does he.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
It’s definitely a penalty, especially in Serie A where they always call it for handball

izec

They wont give that penalty against Juve at home in stoppage time losing by one goal only. No chance, needs to be a stonewall

Arios

Supports
Juventus
They wont give that penalty against Juve at home in stoppage time losing by one goal only. No chance, needs to be a stonewall
he deflected first with foot then arm. No penalty checked by Var.

I highlighted the touch from Giflord vid.
youtube.com/watch?v=2hrBLBjHZvM

Last edited by a moderator:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
De Ligt with his weekly feck up. Lucky to get away with it this time. Wonder how long it will take for Koeman to put on an Inter game and realize, hey feck me, their extremely solid centre half is Dutch too, maybe I should put him in oujr national team.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
At 20yo, De Ligt is years ahead of the curve for central defenders, who usually enter their prime at 26-27yo. Of course, if you make blatant mistakes in CL games against world class forwards such as Barca’s, City’s or Liverpool’s, you are going to concede... on the other hand, Sarri is insisting with his own forwards for better conversion of the chances the Sarriball quicker style is starting to generate, so fine margins again.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
0-1 Lautaro

1-1 Berardi

1-2 Lautaro - Disallowed - Lukaku foul

Last edited:

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
If you misjudge the ball and it hits your hand in the box, it's a penalty.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
If you misjudge the ball and it hits your hand in the box, it's a penalty.
nope if you deflect it with another part of your body as it written on Figc.it aka italian federation
https://www.figc.it/media/97599/9-modifiche-regolamento-del-giuoco-del-calcio-ss-2019-2020.pdf page number 9

"Ad eccezione delle suddette infrazioni, di solito non è un’infrazione se il pallone tocca le mani / braccia del calciatore: - se proviene direttamente dalla testa o dal corpo (compresi i piedi) del calciatore stesso "

which translate roughly as: "With the exception of the aforementioned infringements, it is usually not an infringement if the ball touches the player's hands / arms: - if it comes directly from the head or body (including the feet) of the player himself"

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
You can’t fault Atalanta and Sassuolo for always playing the utmost end-to-end football even in pragmatic Italy. :drool:

Not a plastic hoe.

What happened to inter after 4-1?! They almost bottled this match ffs
Bastoni in the defense was so shaky today along with the rest of the team not giving a shit after 4-1 -_-

Bobski

This Samp-Roma game is grim stuff to watch. Constant stoppages for histrionic discussions between the players(normally Quagirella) and the ref and a dour match. Keeping an eye on Smalling(playing well, LCB but passing the ball smoothly) and watching Kluivert to see how he is developing, into a frustrating brat from the looks of it.

Stadjer

Smalling plays well for Roma.

Shit match to watch between Sampdoria and Roma though. Ultra defensive waiting for the counter Raneiri tactic.b

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Genoa are a mess aswell this season, 0-0 after 38 minutes at Parma, 3 down at half time.