Italian Serie A - 2019-20

izec

Juve struggling to score against a 10 men Genoa. Wowzer.
Edit: Scratch that, 10v10 now. Silly from Rabiot.
9 man Genoa even.

They are very bad at the moment, Inter need to pick up as many points as possible currently. Just when Juve struggle, Napoli struggle as well to capitalise on it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Great call in the Juve game, Ronaldo was a fraction ahead of the ball there.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Jesus Juve must be blessed by the pope himself :lol:

EDIT: NVM they are still shit.'

EDIT X2: NVM they really have been bathed in holy water

SportingCP96

Supports
If inter play there cards right they could win the league.

This Juve team does not scare anyone. I feel sari is really overrated on here.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Juve, and Sarri especially, don't deserve that. Absolutely atrocious choice of lineup. They play 7 defensive players against Genoa at home and then struggle to break them down, no shit. Dybala and Ronaldo come get the ball deep and there are 8 Genoa defenders ahead of them and 1 Juve player...

8th win for Juve in Serie A, the 7th by a one goal margin. The other win was a 2-0 home win against SPAL. That pretty much says it all.

Now watch them go away to Torino with a midfield of Bentancur, Matuidi and Khedira on Saturday and the exact same thing happen again to the surprise of absolutely noone.

SportingCP96

Supports
"Sarri Ball" is a fraud. Juve have has ZERO games this season where they have looked anywhere near the level of a top side.

ATM inter are the best side and most inform side in Italy.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
"Sarri Ball" is a fraud. Juve have has ZERO games this season where they have looked anywhere near the level of a top side.

And despite that, its just October and they already outplayed Atletico at the Vicente Calderon, beat Napoli, beat Leverkusen 3-0 and beat Inter at San Siro.

Reactions: berbatrick

SportingCP96

Supports
And despite that, its just October and they already outplayed Atletico at the Vicente Calderon, beat Napoli, beat Leverkusen 3-0 and beat Inter at San Siro.
Beating Leverkusen is not something to brag about.

Atletico they let a 2 goal lead slip because they simply concede ever game nothing to be proud of.

Napoli they won by the sheer grace of god once again let a 3 goal lead slip.

Inter probably their best result tbh and the game where they played decent.

This season Juve probably should have half the points they do. They have been extremely lucky and this is coming from someone who is neutral in terms of wanting Juve to win though in honesty only because of Ronaldo I want Juve to perform well and win obviosuely.

Juve have been poor ALL season. They let a goal in a game, They have no fluidity or creativity in attack and they really don't scare anyone at the moment because teams are having a go at them. It's shocking and I don't know how Juve fans are standing for such poor football being played. I never liked Sarri and feel he is really overrated.

As I said before if Inter play their cards right they could win it. Juve are there for the taking this season and will most likely drop more points. There Is no way this luck will be sustained and their performances will catch them eventually.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
Beating Leverkusen is not something to brag about.

Atletico they let a 2 goal lead slip because they simply concede ever game nothing to be proud of.

Napoli they won by the sheer grace of god once again let a 3 goal lead slip.

Inter probably their best result tbh and the game where they played decent.

This season Juve probably should have half the points they do. They have been extremely lucky and this is coming from someone who is neutral in terms of wanting Juve to win though in honesty only because of Ronaldo I want Juve to perform well and win obviosuely.

Juve have been poor ALL season. They let a goal in a game, They have no fluidity or creativity in attack and they really don't scare anyone at the moment because teams are having a go at them. It's shocking and I don't know how Juve fans are standing for such poor football being played. I never liked Sarri and feel he is really overrated.

As I said before if Inter play their cards right they could win it. Juve are there for the taking this season and will most likely drop more points. There Is no way this luck will be sustained and their performances will catch them eventually.
I agree Juve should be playing MUCH better. But they haven't been lucky at all. Quite the opposite. A lot of the conceded goals are mental mistakes that will be corrected. The game against Napoli should have ended 3-0, period. It was unlucky that they conceded 3, not lucky that they scored at the end. And if what I listed of Juve is not impressive at all, please list all the amazing things Inter has done. Playing decent against Barcelona and losing? Playing decent against Juve and losing? Beating Milan? The only decent win is against Dortmund, which was in Italy and Dortmund isn't all that, they are currently fifth place in the Bundesliga.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I agree Juve should be playing MUCH better. But they haven't been lucky at all. Quite the opposite. A lot of the conceded goals are mental mistakes that will be corrected. The game against Napoli should have ended 3-0, period. It was unlucky that they conceded 3, not lucky that they scored at the end. And if what I listed of Juve is not impressive at all, please list all the amazing things Inter has done. Playing decent against Barcelona and losing? Playing decent against Juve and losing? Beating Milan? The only decent win is against Dortmund, which was in Italy and Dortmund isn't all that, they are currently fifth place in the Bundesliga.
Juve need to be comparing themselves to Barcelona, Liverpool and City. Not Inter and Napoli.

They've done alright in the tough games but the approach to the easy fixtures has been atrocious. If you can go outplay Inter at the San Siro and Atletico at the Wanda Metropolitano then you shouldn't regularly get outplayed in large stretches by the likes of Verona, Genoa and SPAL at home.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
Juve need to be comparing themselves to Barcelona, Liverpool and City. Not Inter and Napoli.

They've done alright in the tough games but the approach to the easy fixtures has been atrocious. If you can go outplay Inter at the San Siro and Atletico at the Wanda Metropolitano then you shouldn't regularly get outplayed in large stretches by the likes of Verona, Genoa and SPAL at home.
I agree 100%

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Juve, and Sarri especially, don't deserve that. Absolutely atrocious choice of lineup. They play 7 defensive players against Genoa at home and then struggle to break them down, no shit. Dybala and Ronaldo come get the ball deep and there are 8 Genoa defenders ahead of them and 1 Juve player...

8th win for Juve in Serie A, the 7th by a one goal margin. The other win was a 2-0 home win against SPAL. That pretty much says it all.

Now watch them go away to Torino with a midfield of Bentancur, Matuidi and Khedira on Saturday and the exact same thing happen again to the surprise of absolutely noone.
They'll still win though. Torino has a habit of being overly passionate in those games and picking up a red card almost every time (usually it's a very soft ball but every ref will favour Juve over Torino in the derby).

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
One of the most ridiculous decisions I've seen with regards to Fazio's red card...he won the ball and there was hardly any contact! Hasn't hurt yet, we're winning comfortably 3 nil and Smalling looks so composed so far. Here's hoping for the same in the final half hour.
I will never complain about portuguese refs again :D
Fazio even got confortably to the ball first, the forward actually bumps him, not the way around.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Juventus came to san siro and beat the brakes off of inter

They're the only team in major european leagues to still be unbeaten in all competitions, and only liverpool have done better than them in the league so far

They went all of last season like this. Took them 28 games to lose, after they'd already wrapped up the title. Could have realistically broken the points record if they cared to

I see no reason why it will be any different this season

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If you think Man Utd was boring to watch this season, Juventus is even worst. There are many occasion I almost fell asleep before half time, and left me wonder if their opposition had play a better team.

SportingCP96

Supports
Juventus came to san siro and beat the brakes off of inter

They're the only team in major european leagues to still be unbeaten in all competitions, and only liverpool have done better than them in the league so far

They went all of last season like this. Took them 28 games to lose, after they'd already wrapped up the title. Could have realistically broken the points record if they cared to

I see no reason why it will be any different this season
Have you seen them play?

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
I will never complain about portuguese refs again :D
Fazio even got confortably to the ball first, the forward actually bumps him, not the way around.
Still can't rationalise it! Refs in general are so incompetent even with the help of VAR

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Again, as usual, the usual suspects moaning against reality, points and wins :houllier: ... and yes, you do not know juve is historically this sort of team, just a bit better than any given opponent instead of rampant ... just have a look at the youtube highlights of this latest game from the official and Serie A channel and you will see, again, very bad conversion of clear cut chances from Dybala (lethal dribble followed by lazy one-vs-one shot) and Ronaldo (free header incredibly wide after a lovely cross by Dybala) added to a lucky goal from Genoa. Sarri, again in the aftermatch, just said it is an evident defect from the latest four or five games on which they are going to work.

SportingCP96

Supports
Yes, i have seen them winning
Winning does not mean playing well Juve have no chance of winning the CL if they continue playing as poorly as they have been. They will drop more points in the league as well playing like this no doubt.

SportingCP96

Supports
Again, as usual, the usual suspects moaning against reality, points and wins :houllier: ... and yes, you do not know juve is historically this sort of team, just a bit better than any given opponent instead of rampant ... just have a look at the youtube highlights of this latest game from the official and Serie A channel and you will see, again, very bad conversion of clear cut chances from Dybala (lethal dribble followed by lazy one-vs-one shot) and Ronaldo (free header incredibly wide after a lovely cross by Dybala) added to a lucky goal from Genoa. Sarri, again in the aftermatch, just said it is an evident defect from the latest four or five games on which they are going to work.
It is easy to say this when you are winning which is masking the way they have been performing. I wonder what you would say If Juve were 6 points behind inter and they were playing just like they are now but not winning. Juve could have very easily had much less points than they do currently.

I want to see Ronaldo win another CL but it won't happen with Juve playing like this.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
It is easy to say this when you are winning which is masking the way they have been performing. I wonder what you would say If Juve were 6 points behind inter and they were playing just like they are now but not winning. Juve could have very easily had much less points than they do currently.

I want to see Ronaldo win another CL but it won't happen with Juve playing like this.
Mate, life is simpler than the way you are making it here, really... there are facts (points, wins, numbers, chances) and opinions (you and I think this, you and I think that and so on)... one fact is that your hero Ronaldo could alleviate much of your trouble just converting his very numerous chances better, we would both be happy, you and I.

SportingCP96

Supports
Mate, life is simpler than the way you are making it here, really... there are facts (points, wins, numbers, chances) and opinions (you and I think this, you and I think that and so on)... one fact is that your hero Ronaldo could alleviate much of your trouble just converting his very numerous chances better, we would both be happy, you and I.
Yes and I am saying hypothetically if Juve was playing how they are now but they were not getting the 90th minute wins and so on would you still not be worried?

The ultimate goal for Juve is quite clearly the CL and I wont see it happening with these types of performances. As for Ronaldo we both know when the going gets tough and when it matters he is there so he is the least of the worries on this Juve team.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Yes and I am saying hypothetically if Juve was playing how they are now but they were not getting the 90th minute wins and so on would you still not be worried?

The ultimate goal for Juve is quite clearly the CL and I wont see it happening with these types of performances. As for Ronaldo we both know when the going gets tough and when it matters he is there so he is the least of the worries on this Juve team.
I actually enjoy this year instalment more than the latest two years from Allegri and, believe me, the number of chances this team is creating is a never-seen-before at the historically pragmatic FC Juventus... that said, very good Juve sides were the ultimate 1-0 no-frill winning machines while this team is just profligate wasters atm, CR7 too.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Winning does not mean playing well Juve have no chance of winning the CL if they continue playing as poorly as they have been. They will drop more points in the league as well playing like this no doubt.
They played like this all of last season and dropped 6 points in 27 games

CL? They're basically through to the R16 already, it won't matter until February and then they don't have to be the best, they just need to be good(which they unequivocally are) and lucky

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
What was the point of bringing in Sarri if this Allegri style was good enough then? With Allegri you could have smashed Serie A’s points record last season if they had bothered to go for it and could have made it to the CL final hadn’t most of the team been injured... and it was still not good enough and he got replaced. Why was that?

Sarri might be sitting on the bench but it’s been months and this team is still Allegri’s. We’ve seen glimpses of Sarri’s ideas but definitely not enough and of course performances like yesterday’s deserve criticism, if you don’t think so then your expectations aren’t high enough.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sarri might be sitting on the bench but it’s been months and this team is still Allegri’s. We’ve seen glimpses of Sarri’s ideas but definitely not enough and of course performances like yesterday’s deserve criticism, if you don’t think so then your expectations aren’t high enough.
Them's the players. If you have lemons you make lemonade, etc etc...

Anyways, there's a lot on the line for juventus hierarchy this season. Agnelli let Paratici and Nedved call the shots, should it blow up in their faces chances are they'll join Allegri