Italian Serie A - 2019-20

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So pathetic. Ronnie padded him gently and he goes down crying. Embarrassing.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
And Juve score from a corner :houllier:

Geniunely unbelievable how often they can get away with average performances

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

I know you watch Juve loads because of Ronaldo but do you genuinely enjoy watching their matches? To me watching them week in week out would be like watching Atletico Madrid or Barca, yes teams full of great players but their matches are rarely thrillers simply because they're so well structured the opposition can rarely get that many shots at their goals.

On the contrary I like watching Atalanta, Roma and to a lesser extent Lazio. Always some chaos in their games and loads of goals. Milan for different reasons are must watch aswell just to see how bad they are this week.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

They've been doing this for 8 fecking years. No, it's not unbelievable. It's standard stuff

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
They've been doing this for 8 fecking years. No, it's not unbelievable. It's standard stuff
It's getting more ridiculous than ever though.

At this rate they will break Serie A's points record while being the 6th or 7th best attack in the league :lol:

bonothom

Contes turned Inter into title challengers pretty much straight away. Lukaku scoring goals. No wonder he wanted out from United. United should have got Conte in and kept Lukaku. Could have got us challenging at the top instead of languishing in midtable shit field.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's getting more ridiculous than ever though.
No it's not

At this rate they will break Serie A's points record while being the 6th or 7th best attack in the league :lol:
They'll start converting their chances better and score in the region of 70-80 goals, as usual. They've been the best attack in the league twice in 8 years

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I know you watch Juve loads because of Ronaldo but do you genuinely enjoy watching their matches? To me watching them week in week out would be like watching Atletico Madrid or Barca, yes teams full of great players but their matches are rarely thrillers simply because they're so well structured the opposition can rarely get that many shots at their goals.

On the contrary I like watching Atalanta, Roma and to a lesser extent Lazio. Always some chaos in their games and loads of goals. Milan for different reasons are must watch aswell just to see how bad they are this week.
Good pick to watch Roma. If Paulo Fonseca succeeds he will turn them into a high pressure attacking team. He's a very talented manager.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Feels like the Napoli cycle is at the end now btw. Done well over the last few years and probably overachieved but could drop to 4th this year. Guess Ancelotti is under pressure now, they're more back to the level they were under Rafa Benitez.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

At least with Barca, you can witness some Messi magic and at times it can influence his attacking partners. There is nothing enjoyable about watching Juventus and nothing exciting about Cristiano anymore. You're either a Juve fan or a fanboi of Ronaldo if you watch Juve on a regular basis

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
What was the point of bringing in Sarri if this Allegri style was good enough then? With Allegri you could have smashed Serie A’s points record last season if they had bothered to go for it and could have made it to the CL final hadn’t most of the team been injured... and it was still not good enough and he got replaced. Why was that?
Last year he had Ronaldo and still they went out at QF level in spite of leading 1-0 both legs, which really hurt his reputation as the ultimate pragmatist, his demeanour in public and his five-years cycle due to natural extenuation.

Sarri does not need to reinvent the wheel, just add his spice? He is on par with the early season targets, so more time to work their style. It is good for Serie A to have Inter back as a serious contender, Atalanta and Roma too. Napoli seems lost right now because Ancelotti lacks the fire you can see in the eyes of Conte day in day out.

van Hooijdonk

The new rule in Seria A this season- De Ligt can play with his hands whenever he wants- no repercussions.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If that's handball by De Ligt we can shut down the sport

izec

He clearly tried to put his arm away and was close to his body to begin with, it was even deflected. Never a pen

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
Cagliari flying :P With Estonian captain/leader/legend Ragnar Klavan with another defensive masterclass play :#

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think it was him that set it up for Correa, inch perfect timing and pace as in so many situations players put too much pace on it and it just runs through to the keeper or goes out for a goal kick.

Edit: Just seen a match report and seems it was Luiz Alberto.

RoyH1

Can someone explain what the heck is going on in Napoli between di Laurentis and the team? Is he being reasonable or just his typical megalomaniacal self?

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Can someone explain what the heck is going on in Napoli between di Laurentis and the team? Is he being reasonable or just his typical megalomaniacal self?
DeLa feels hard done by Ancelotti and the squad for not being as competitive as assumed in the pre-season, hence the increasing bad sentiment and interference with his coach’s job... reality is the geezer really wanted to sell Koulibaly, Allan and Insigne at upmarket value last Summer and is now thinking of a firesale in January before it’s too late to monetise properly.

RoyH1

DeLa feels hard done by Ancelotti and the squad for not being as competitive as assumed in the pre-season, hence the increasing bad sentiment and interference with his coach’s job... reality is the geezer really wanted to sell Koulibaly, Allan and Insigne at upmarket value last Summer and is now thinking of a firesale in January before it’s too late to monetise properly.
If the prices that were mentioned for Koulibaly are true, they really should have sold. Bad move from him.

wr8_utd

:'(
An hour in and Inter still losing at home to Verona. I don't think I've ever seen such an awful two teams chasing a title. They outdo each others rubbish performances every week.