Italian Serie A - 2019-20

TheScriptwriter

Supports
Juventus
I wanted Allegri to leave, so we can play better, but somehow we are even more boring. Imagine someone like Pep or Klopp with those kind of players.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Of course :lol:

What's the record for most wins by a 1 goal margin during a season? Reckon Juve will break it in January at this pace

Paul_Scholes18

I am never impressed by Juve, but they always manage to find a win. Dybala from the bench is doing really well for them. Can't see them doing much in europe playing like this.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Tough loss for Milan that, they have 7 shots on target compared to Juve's five.

Ultimately Juve's subs won it as predicted although Dybala should never have been benched in first place, been class this season.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Wojciech saved them all.

Think they are playing even worse at the moment (than under Allegri), but let's see how it will be in some months.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Results are clearly flattering (and even more: 32/36 points in Serie A plus CL qualification after just 4 games) but this is an Allegri-squared style, just a bit more ambitious than last year but nevertheless tiring for the players, the fans and the neutrals. Much will pass through better conversion of the often numerous but admittedly casual chances they generate out of individual brilliance instead of a different style.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
They must have sold there soul to the devil...they are so bad to watch but somehow steal a win every time:lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Much will pass through better conversion of the often numerous but admittedly casual chances they generate out of individual brilliance instead of a different style.
How many times this season have you scored or created a chance identical to the goal tonight? There is nothing casual about it and it's not just individual brilliance. It's a codified play

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
How many times this season have you scored or created a chance identical to the goal tonight? There is nothing casual about it and it's not just individual brilliance. It's a codified play
Without Chiellini, Khedira and Mandzukic patrolling the pitch, though, the spine seems less solid and always one touch away from collapse. On the other hand, attacking wise, numbers show they create more and quality is higher.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Juve playing Atalanta and Lazio in their next two aways, think they'll draw one of those especially if Ronaldo is out for a few weeks.

Was looking when they have Cagliari away and of course they play them right at the end of the season when they'd have probably won Scudetto. Given how they are playing this season that would be really interesting match to watch in next few weeks.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Juve playing Atalanta and Lazio in their next two aways, think they'll draw one of those especially if Ronaldo is out for a few weeks.

Was looking when they have Cagliari away and of course they play them right at the end of the season when they'd have probably won Scudetto. Given how they are playing this season that would be really interesting match to watch in next few weeks.
I don't think it will make a difference with such a poor quality football. The only reason Sarri is keeping his job it's because things are okish yet on the league and champions.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I don't think it will make a difference with such a poor quality football. The only reason Sarri is keeping his job it's because things are okish yet on the league and champions.
Mate, if your man is done, stay assured he will be made to feck off to greener pastures as soon as achievable. ;)

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Mate, if your man is done, stay assured he will be made to feck off to greener pastures as soon as achievable. ;)
Not the biggest Ronaldo fan, so wouldn't be that bothered. I always thought it was a risky move from Juve, but the truth is, in terms of money generated around him he probably already paid his transfer twice back to Juve.

Even at our NT, if you exclude qualifiers, his impact is not as important as the press makes it believe, but his presence surely makes the opposition have to adjust their strategies, which probably is more handy than it looks on the field.

wr8_utd

:'(
Seriously, what the feck is he even doing playing in the first place if he's injured? He's nearly 35 and we have 2 must-win qualification games for the Euros next week and already have loads of injuries :houllier:
I want him to do well in the games for Portugal as well but come on, it's the mighty Luxemourg and Lithuania. Portugal better be winning that with or without Ronaldo.

steve.crowford

Another team that has players that can make a difference in a game is Lazio. They have Immobile, SMS, Correa and Luis Alberto four players that I'd be more than happy to see at Man Utd, at least as quality subs.
It's hard to judge whether Milan is improving or not based on last games: they tend to over-perform against Juve. Also, Juve was terrible for the squad they have, which may be enough to win the Italian league, but I really doubt they'll go very far in the CL. They looked stronger in previous years.

Gibb11

Another team that has players that can make a difference in a game is Lazio. They have Immobile, SMS, Correa and Luis Alberto four players that I'd be more than happy to see at Man Utd, at least as quality subs.
It's hard to judge whether Milan is improving or not based on last games: they tend to over-perform against Juve. Also, Juve was terrible for the squad they have, which may be enough to win the Italian league, but I really doubt they'll go very far in the CL. They looked stronger in previous years.
I think immobile is set in Italy for rest of carear, his record it's fantastic but realy struggled to adapt to abroad which is a shame.

Whenever I see Correa he always has a strong game, he's been linked around but will take a hefty fee I reckon and when you look at his goal record it's pretty poor for attacker, but still always seems a threatening player

Yagami

Good post resistant
Looking like Napoli will be back in for Lobotka in January. I will be so disappointed if they - or anyone for that matter - sign him. :(

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The most interesting thing for me so far is how Juventus is turning Sarri into Allegri

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The most interesting thing for me so far is how Juventus is turning Sarri into Allegri
Ehehehe. The numbers are actually quite close when compared to Allegri. Last season Juve had 34 points by now which is not much different (32), but they had a 26 - 8 in AGG. They now have a 20-9.

So... Allegri's Juve was scoring more goals and suffering less. Fachts are Fachts

SportingCP96

Supports
Ehehehe. The numbers are actually quite close when compared to Allegri. Last season Juve had 34 points by now which is not much different (32), but they had a 26 - 8 in AGG. They now have a 20-9.

So... Allegri's Juve was scoring more goals and suffering less. Fachts are Fachts
@Bepi Was convinced that Juve were a better attacking team now under Sarri though they clearly struggle attacking wise even though they have stumbled across the finish line in many games and accidentally scored a few times:lol:

Granted I admit I am NOT a Sarri fan at all he has not done much to change my opinion at thus point in the season. Flaws that I noticed after 3 games this season are still blatantly obvious in November.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
@Bepi Was convinced that Juve were a better attacking team now under Sarri though they clearly struggle attacking wise even though they have stumbled across the finish line in many games and accidentally scored a few times:lol:

Granted I admit I am NOT a Sarri fan at all he has not done much to change my opinion at thus point in the season. Flaws that I noticed after 3 games this season are still blatantly obvious in November.
Ehehe they struggle to convert, with the onus mainly being on mr sharpshooter :wenger:

SportingCP96

Supports
Ehehe they struggle to convert, with the onus mainly being on mr sharpshooter :wenger:
Ah yes of course yet something tells me the least of your worries should be the big man up top.

Time will tell:wenger:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

More to do with how Juventus is turning him from a tactical maniac into more of a strategist, like Allegri. Adapting to the players entirely and relying on them rather than asking them to adapt to a certain structured tactical framework

He's trying to do the latter, but so far is relying on the former to get results

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
No Ronnie vs Atalanta today, officially load management for his knee, unofficially disciplined and he complied.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Juve getting completely outplayed by Atalanta who have missed a penalty. Will be exciting to see how they manage to win 1-0 this time around.