Supports
Real Madrid
That's an understatement, Luis Alberto is dominating in Italy

He's probably the best spanish player right now, besides Ramos and Pique
3 November- Brescia sack Eugenio Corini
5 November- Brescia hire Fabio Grosso

3 games, 3 defeats, 0 goals and 10 goal conceded

2 December- Brescia sack Fabio Grosso and replace him with.......Eugenio Corini
well he was still paying Corini anyways...makes more sense than having 3 coaches on the payroll

DavidDeSchmikes

Such a Cellino move, he did this all the time at Palermo (pretty sure Corini was manager there at one stage).
Cellino was at Cagliari
Zamparini was at Palermo (and yes Corini was manager there for 3 months)

Cellino at Cagliari went through 36 managers in 22 years (Davide Ballardini managed on 3 occasions, Ivo Pulga twice, Nedo Sonetti twice, Massimo Ficcadenti twice, Zdeněk Zeman twice, Gian Piero Ventura twice, Óscar Tabárez twice)

And as for Palermo, in 2012-13 Serie A,
  • Started the season with Giuseppe Sannino (hired in June 2012
  • Fired him after 3 games
  • Bring in Gian Piero Gasperini (hired 16 September)
  • Gasperini, somehow lasts until February 4
  • On February 5, he is replaced by Alberto Malesani, who lasts only 3 games (3 draws), and is fired on 24 February
  • Gasperini is rehired, but only lasts two games
  • And on March 11, Gasperini is replaced with..........Giuseppe Sannino
  • Sannino last the final 10 games of the season, but Palermo finished 18th

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Really looking forward to Inter-Roma, always goals in this fixture and I expect the same tonight.

Edit: Dzeko on the bench stands out to me, carrying an injury or tactical? Seems like Roma going to have lots of midfielders floating off Zaniolo so we'll see if that's a tactical masterstroke from Fonseca or not.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Really looking forward to Inter-Roma, always goals in this fixture and I expect the same tonight.

Edit: Dzeko on the bench stands out to me, carrying an injury or tactical? Seems like Roma going to have lots of midfielders floating off Zaniolo so we'll see if that's a tactical masterstroke from Fonseca or not.
I think Dzeko was down with flu and not fully fit.

marktan

Looking forward to it too to see the United old boys in action, Smalling and Lukaku but looks like they've thrown Mikhi in as well.

Roma look weaker up front, usually they play with Dzeko and Kluivert who's not even on the bench and has been playing really well. Think I'd give this to Inter due to the better attack but Roma have been playing well in the last couple of matches.

prateik

Lukaku should have scored there.

and again.. the first was a sitter.. the other a little harder...

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
What a chance for Lukaku - Mirante with the save

Another chance for Inter - wasted

marktan

Lukaku had to bury that.. and then another chance for Inter.. wow. Should 1-0.

marktan

Roma dominating possession here, the benefit of packing the midfield.

Smalling dribbling forward :lol: You love to see it.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If you're left-footed why wouldn't you open your body and take the first touch with the left foot and then smash it home?
Why is he still doing bizarre things that make him look like a basketball player trying to play football?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Dzeko to come in and score if fit.

I seriously cannot imagine how Lukaku lived with Smalling on the same training pitch.

kidbob

The clips above show Ole was right that Lukaku isn't a 'United' level striker. The guy is good no doubt but does anyone really believe that he is as good as Ole was? One was better while being a sub and the other was expected to lead the line for us. Any sane person takes a prime Ole over Lukaku any day. In a weird way I watch Rom and wonder what could have been if Saha had been able to keep fit. Saha was a guy with the talent to play for United but injuries screwed it whereas Lukaku is a good striker but nowhere near the level for top clubs. He not only lacks the all around game but he isn't consistent enough in burying the big chances to make up for it. Anyone complaining about Rashford's finishing needs to remember what Rom actually was for us too.

Edit: same with Smalling, should have been kept this season but not starter level for a top team (unfortunately the same applies to his 80m replacement).

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Dzeko to come in and score if fit.

I seriously cannot imagine how Lukaku lived with Smalling on the same training pitch.
No wonder Lukaku was poor for us, poor guy's confidence was shattered by Smalling on training pitch.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Well my "it will never be 0-0" comment aged well. :lol: I never learn from these big Italian games. Lazio-Juve will probably be similar on Saturday.

From what I saw Inter should've been a goal or two up in first half but Roma improved after the break and that's a very good point for them, Fonseca doing well.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Have to say Smalling has been really good for Roma. He's even good in possession

Inter are threadbare atm, having to play all 3 of vecino, borja and biraghi really hurts them and it shows. Even lost Candreva to injury as well :lol:

They're gonna limp their way to christmass

Still should have won the game though, at least 3 big chances they really should have scored one...

Roma defended well but did nothing much

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
tumescent game tbf but Inter have Barcelona at home on Tuesday, with a win propelling them to the knockout stage and a rich transfer window in January, so I would not read too much into this draw for their health... they have a lot of injuries right now and a thin squad, in that overachieving for sure... and yes, Lukaku is not Lewandowski, he was dominated by Smalling, who is more mature and accomplished as a footballer but also without any real pressure to win week in week out at Roma.

van Hooijdonk

Not the best night for Martinez and Lukaku. Especially for Lautaro. Smalling was a rock at the Roma defence.

R'hllor

Wondering is Haram guy hanging on Inter fans forum these days, heck he could be on Spurs forum too.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Such a slow league compared to the PL. Lukaku still looks too heavy.
yes it is a different sport, like sprint vs endurance... also serie a is much more of a contact game, which is tiresome for players, while the pl is just pinballistic at times with ball moving very very fast up and down the pitch