Italian Serie A - 2019-20

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
@Bepi This is what I was saying months ago. There was no way Juve could Continue to play like terribly and win games. They have now dropped 4 points in there last 2 games and are very lucky Inter tied yesterday. The truth is Juve could very easily have had much less points then the do now. They have a lot of glaring issues to resolves and it starts with Sarri who is massively overrated.
this is not a race to the nobel prize, you know :lol: there are ups and down in a season and this is a slump :) you are just in love with your own idea to deny ronnie’s sunset but players go, coaches go... fans however enjoy the game

wr8_utd

:'(
It Is still early but Inter are/have been the best team in Italy all season.
And yet they're just 2 points ahead of a Juve side that has been "awful". Ultimately, Inter just won't have the squad depth to keep this up all season and Juve's far superior squad and starting XI will shine.
Juve's attack looks absolutely toothless at the moment though. They need to make Dybala central to their plans and then rotate Ronaldo and Higuain around him with Costa (whenever he's fit) the third in attack.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
No shirt sponsor for Lazio?
They had Marathon bet until a few months ago but since July 14 every form of advertising - even indirect - for games or bets with cash prizes have been banned (According to some expert, Serie A have lost € 150 mln from this decree)

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
this is not a race to the nobel prize, you know :lol: there are ups and down in a season and this is a slump :) you are just in love with your own idea to deny ronnie’s sunset but players go, coaches go... fans however enjoy the game
You are being blind to the fact that Juve have played maybe 5 good games all season.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
You are being blind to the fact that Juve have played maybe 5 good games all season.
5 good games all season is pretty good for juve historically... after all, the brand originates from an automotive & engineering firm, not a circus ;)

SportingCP96

Supports
Helps then when in one of those games they totally destroyed Inter in San Siro ;)
It was I agree but they have been lucky to have as many points as they have with the way they have scraped some results. Keep in mind I dont want Juve to lose and I want Ronnie to have the best chance to win more trophies etc. This has just been something that has been so obvious. I said their performances were going to catch up with them and now they have lost 4 points in 2 games.

DavidDeSchmikes

Cagliari undefeated in 13 league games, 4th in the league, only Atalanta have scored more than them

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Cagliari undefeated in 13 league games, 4th in the league, only Atalanta have scored more than them
Funnier still is they're scoring worldies every game. They really don't create a lot, just Radja and Joao Pedro are scoring ridiculous goals every week. Often multiple times per game

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Milan 0-2 now away at bologna. They and Man. United are football brothers atm, look set for terrible seasons and then spring into life. Up to 10th in live table and only one point off Napoli in 7th.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Theo gets Milan's second. Great through ball by Suso.
He seems to score lots, 4 goals already. I assume he's still LB unless Milan playing him further forward. Have to say when I saw him for Real Sociedad last season I thought he was very average.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
He seems to score lots, 4 goals already. I assume he's still LB unless Milan playing him further forward. Have to say when I saw him for Real Sociedad last season I thought he was very average.
Funny you should say that, he's just scored another, but this one's an own goal:lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yes just saw that. Clearly another in the long line of full backs who are miles better going forward than actually defending.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Theo looked like a beast on loan at Alaves, but then with us he really was shocking, like he couldn't be bothered. And then was the same with Real Sociedad

Now at milan he's back to his Alaves form. Infuriating

Suedesi

It was I agree but they have been lucky to have as many points as they have with the way they have scraped some results. Keep in mind I dont want Juve to lose and I want Ronnie to have the best chance to win more trophies etc. This has just been something that has been so obvious. I said their performances were going to catch up with them and now they have lost 4 points in 2 games.
They rode their luck last year as well in many many games. They don't have a great midfield as we've discussed before in this thread, and I think they're looking ponderous on defense. Chiellini is a huge miss, and don't think the Dutch fella is currently good enough with Bonucci as a pair. Inter is not Napoli, they have a real challenge this year.

SportingCP96

Supports
They rode their luck last year as well in many many games. They don't have a great midfield as we've discussed before in this thread, and I think they're looking ponderous on defense. Chiellini is a huge miss, and don't think the Dutch fella is currently good enough with Bonucci as a pair. Inter is not Napoli, they have a real challenge this year.
Been saying this since September but people seem to be blind to it.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Juve's midfield is average, and their squad is imbalanced in a sense that they cannot fit their best players in the same line up.

Also, its clear that Chiellini is a bid miss. De Ligt needs time to mature, he's still miles off consistency-wise.

I think they will still manage to turn it around but they're going to require a large investment soon.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Their midfield of Pjanic, Matuidi and their choice of Rabiot, Khedira(currently injured), Can, Bentancour or Ramsey is average :houllier:

Chiellini out hurt them a lot, but for the most part this is just a team that struggles to play consistently. They have very good periods but can't sustain them over entire games and haven't found a balance yet. Still, first defeat of the season

And before people mention last season, last season they lost all of 3 games until April. One of those was the ridiculous 1-2 against United, where they could have won 4-0 easily. Another was a cup game with the reserves...

They play ugly, doesn't mean they're lucky to win

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
It makes no sense dropping sh*t since day 1, then crying wolf week in week out predicting the worst; the season is just in its early days with only Liverpool seeming on another planet right now, even them eventually battered by mighty Napoli coming from this slow, farmers’, past-its-prime laegue. This is not a videogame, you can all see Serie A level is higher nowadays and competition at top only makes it more interesting. If Inter really win Scudetto this year, good game to them and even better for Juve, because they will have the opportunity to reset and start again with more hunger and a fresher squad. As for Ronaldo, it starts becoming annoying, he is paid €31m/year net ffs!

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Messi seemingly left out of the tie against Inter. Makes it a wee bit easier for Inter to get a result, I reckon.

MrEleson

according to @DiMarzio Carlo Ancelotti should be fired from his coaching post in Naples after the match against Genk tomorrow night, whatever the outcome. An agreement of 18 months would have been found with Gennaro Gattuso to succeed him.
Gattuso:lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Gattuso did a great job at milan actually, he's a good manager

I like the choice

Suedesi

Looks like Zlatan is back at AC Milan. Fair play, he's always seem to be gushing about Milan despite his Juve and Inter past.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Gattuso confirmed as Napoli coach.
The former Milan tactician will hold his first training session this afternoon, making his debut in Saturday’s head-to-head for seventh place in Serie A with Parma.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Ancelotti wrote a letter to Ringhio Starr (nickname given by Napoli's owner) Gattuso on his birthday last year -

“Now I look at you on the Milan bench and you act crazy; you scream, you shout, you incite your players. I think you’re the right person in the right place," wrote Ancelotti.
“There’s a need for passion, your character, your spirit of sacrifice to overcome obstacles. There’s also a need for your joy to defuse certain tensions, and some of your solemn rage to wake up someone who is sleeping.
“In a team, in a group, there’s always someone who sleeps…
“On the pitch you were my warrior. I never once saw you give up, never once saw you leave the pitch with a clean shirt, never once saw you refusing to battle.
“That’s what I always admired about you, the ability to reach your objectives despite the fact nature didn’t bless you with great technical gifts. Because - can I say this? - your feet are not exactly the most educated!
“But the grit that you gave us no-one else had, and you had something unusual - you knew how to pass it to others.
“How many times did I see you talking to a teammate, to help him, to encourage him, to support him in difficult times?
“That’s football. Beyond schemes, formations, diagonals, pressing and counter-attacks there are people. And it’s people who make the difference.”