Italian Serie A - 2019-20

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Lukaku finishes it off.

Fair play to Inter. They were awful first half but those two quick goals really turned the game. Now they have momentum to win Serie A.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Some fans tend to forget the Lukaku bailed Ole out a fair few times last season and that's not even taking into account of the PSG game.

Should've been replaced.

Paul_Scholes18

Let us hope someone else can knock Inter out of the EL. We will probably get knocked out early anyway with Ole.
They should be the favorites now I think if they can get Martinez back too.

Wayne's World

That's what a real rebuild is, Inter are back with the best in Italy within 12 months.

None of this fecking nonsense of needing 3-4 transfer windows. Showing how it's really done

Paul_Scholes18

Some fans tend to forget the Lukaku bailed Ole out a fair few times last season and that's not even taking into account of the PSG game.

Should've been replaced.
He probably gifted Ole the job by scoring 6 goals in a week. Without the PSG win we would have probably waited.
Although he might have still got the job later anyway.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Imagine if they win it, it will be just like one of those stories where a manager takes over a team of reject kids and wins the nhl. Contes Mighty Ducks.

padr81

Supports
Man City
That's what a real rebuild is, Inter are back with the best in Italy within 12 months.

None of this fecking nonsense of needing 3-4 transfer windows. Showing how it's really done
In fairness its easy to rebuild when Ashley Young and Victor Moses are upgrades on what you have.

Paul_Scholes18

In fairness its easy to rebuild when Ashley Young and Victor Moses are upgrades on what you have.
People said the same. Easy to play better without Lukaku and Sanchez for us we don't need them.
Although we just removed them with 0 replacements and put 100% pressure on Rashford to save us.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Why are they acting like they won the league already :lol:
From 2-0 down to win 4-2 against your city rivals, which also helped them to go top of the table, that's how you celebrate.

Ludens the Red

What a fecking match. Might have to watch more Serie a after that.

In regards to Lukaku, why are people still beating themselves up over it?:lol: He didn’t want to be here. The mistake was not replacing him not selling him.
Romelu Lukaku generally score goals, this isn’t a surprise.... really doesn’t need an Ole dig every time he scores.

van Hooijdonk

Great game and fantastic comeback from Inter. The fight for the Scudetto is becoming super tight and I like it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

In regards to Lukaku, why are people still beating themselves up over it?:lol: He didn’t want to be here. The mistake was not replacing him not selling him.
Romelu Lukaku generally score goals, this isn’t a surprise.... really doesn’t need an Ole dig every time he scores.
Serie A thread is full of Lukaku argument, Bundesliga thread is with Haaland arguement.

I think only La Liga thread is safe.

Paul_Scholes18

The mistake was not replacing OGS. Then listen to our new manager and what he wanted.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Selling Lukaku wasn't the mistake. Not replacing him was. As frustrating as he was for us....he was still the best number 9 we had. Martial isn't as good as Lukaku. I think even the Martial fanboys are beginning to see this too. Guy is a fraud.

Letting Lukaku go and not getting a striker in is up there was biggest mistakes we've made in the post Fergie era. Absolute stupidity.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

Really? It’s easy to sign players that their clubs don’t want and are largely not good enough for the league they were in. When signing Ashley Young and Alexis Sanchez is part of your rebuild, it’s more a testament to the relative quality of that league. If we could pick up players who were good enough to bring us into title contention, for peanuts, then we’d do it. But most players who are good enough to do that are going to cost a fecking fortune.

Apples and oranges. And frankly just a typical Caf knee jerk reaction.

Canagel

From 2-0 down to win 4-2 against your city rivals, which also helped them to go top of the table, that's how you celebrate.
Looks like they won the trophy already to me. Maybe they aren't used to these kind of wins in recent times.

DocRockter

This is Ashley Young league now. Putting someone like Castillejo against him was brainless as fcuk from Pioli.

Thiagoal

This is basically the re-build Jose was trying to implement for us! I suspect if he’d have been given full support we’d have been challenging last season!

However, such a rebuild is very short sighted and in three or four years the players will be over the hill (as happened at Inter under Mourinho last time) and as such I’m happier with the longer term planning our club seems to be implementing at the moment!

KC91

This is basically the re-build Jose was trying to implement for us! I suspect if he’d have been given full support we’d have been challenging last season!

However, such a rebuild is very short sighted and in three or four years the players will be over the hill (as happened at Inter under Mourinho last time) and as such I’m happier with the longer term planning our club seems to be implementing at the moment!
The likes of Sanchez, Young, Godin, Moses etc aren’t meant to be long term fixes. They are merely to provide more squad depth to a team that desperately needed it. They are also willing to work very hard, which Conte is all about.

Inters main core is actually quite young and should be solid for the next 5-7 yrs. (Skriniar, De Vrij, Bastoni, Brozovic, Sensi, Barella, Eriksen, Lukaku, Martinez)

I’d say they are on the right track.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
That's simply not true. If Conte found it so easy to replace his deadwood this season, why do you think he would have hard time replacing them again when needed? They also have some great young players who are already excelling, despite playing ther first season with Inter.

And the main question, if Inter is weak and Serie A is shit, do you seriously believe current Manchester United side would beat this Inter side? Because to me it looks as if Inter i miles better. Which kind of puts a serious concern over our so called rebuild run by Solskjaer.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

You're joking?

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
The fact that many on here said Inter were not contenders is laughable. Since September it was more then obvious they are a REAL threat to dethroning Juve and there is a real and big chance it happens.

Nhuyb

Lukaku :lol:

Demanding the ball 2 yards offside.
So full of hate, you're enable to understand that the pass had to be made 3-4 sec before the offside position. Even the commentator said it. But, eh, spitting on lukaku, so much fun. How are rashy and Tony ?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
The fact that many on here said Inter were not contenders is laughable. Since September it was more then obvious they are a REAL threat to dethroning Juve and there is a real and big chance it happens.
And Juve dropping points like they didn't for at least 7-8 years.

SportingCP96

Supports
And Juve dropping points like they didn't for at least 7-8 years.
Ya and in reality Juve could possibly have 10 fewer points. They have been that bad this season.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Still think Juve will get it over the line. Hope not. Lazio and Inter will both be great stores.

RedStarUnited

I mean did win the prem on his first try, even Klopp and Pep couldn't do that.

He is a great league manager.

SportingCP96

Supports
Still think Juve will get it over the line. Hope not. Lazio and Inter will both be great stores.
Its possible for sure because they have the experience when it comes to winning titles but man are they very lucky to be this close to the top. They should behind inter and Lazio by some points.