Italian Serie A - 2019-20

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Disagree so much. He had like 3 good games last season, one of them being a great one in the comeback vs Atlético.

He’s incredibly average and adds next to nothing in attack, the only thing he’s good at is at pressing and running around. Nowhere near good enough to be a regular for a top team, him and Ramsey are supposed to be the main creative players for this team but they literally can’t create a single thing. It looks even worse because he’s playing in a front 3 with Ronaldo and Dybala and the gap between those two and Bernardeschi is so big that it’s almost embarassing at times.

Juve will be desperate to sell Bernardeschi this summer but I doubt there will be any takers even for a lower price that they paid for him
Ramsey's never been a creator at all, his best form at Arsenal was always being given a free role ahead of two CMs and drifting into the box to score, little bit like Lampard at Chelsea. Rabiot is far more of the DLP type and seems to have played well since lockdown.

Ultimately Juve did their usual of playing the free transfer market and they can always sell Ramsey back to premier league for 30-40m so no bother for them really.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
How many Juve players would start for Bayern? Ronaldo, Dybala instead of Muller? And De Ligt?
Probably Cuadrado, Scesny is actually playing better than Neuer, Pjanic is of similar quality to Kimmich/Thiago, Rabiot, Matuidi, Bentancour aren't really any worse than Goretzka, De Ligt, Bonucci, Dybala, Cristiano, Douglas Costa...

There really isn't that much of a difference. Bayern's are just better assorted and coached

There are more Atalanta/Inter players that would start for Juve
Such as? Papu? Erkisen? Maybe Brozovic? De Vrij? Ilicic?

Come on

I don’t think Atalanta or Inter are better than them but people underestimate how many problems Juve’s squad has and blame Sarri for the poor performances when Allegri faced a lot of the same problems too. Bringing in Pochettino for Sarri without major changes in the squad wouldn’t solve anything
I don't disagree that they have problems that go beyond the manager, they aren't a particularly well assembled side, similar to Barcelona. That said, Sarri certainly does himself no favours by insisting on a playing style that doesn't elevate them at all, and if anything makes them worse than they could be

Juventus have the same problems of his Napoli, they're great in stretches when the pressing works and incredibly fragile when it doesn't and can't defend well positionally

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Thought Franck Kessie played really well in the game (apart from shooting). Feels like he's on the verge of breaking through again after his fantastic season for Atalanta in 16-17. Been a slow burner at Milan but could be huge for them next season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Thought Franck Kessie played really well in the game (apart from shooting). Feels like he's on the verge of breaking through again after his fantastic season for Atalanta in 16-17. Been a slow burner at Milan but could be huge for them next season.
think they've finally realized how to use him properly. Been really really good for a while now. Same with Bennacer. Honestly Ibrahimovic and Pioli have massively improved and regenerated a lot of players that looked mediocre before

Chalanoglu looked like a bust, now he's great

thepolice123

Was very impressed with him. Showed neat touches and used the ball well.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
He was very good to be fair. Shielded the defence well and his distribution wasn’t too bad either, although he could do with keeping it simple at times instead of trying to ping 40-50 yard passes, but that could have just been Milan’s tactic last night when they went long to Ibrahimovic a lot.

Kjaer and Zapata had a great duel all game long. Kjaer looks like the centre-back Milan lacked for many years. Could be a shrewd acquisition for them for the low fee they paid. Along with Ibrahimovic, the Milan dressing-room has a healthy mix of experienced leaders and talented youngsters now.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Probably Cuadrado, Scesny is actually playing better than Neuer, Pjanic is of similar quality to Kimmich/Thiago, Rabiot, Matuidi, Bentancour aren't really any worse than Goretzka, De Ligt, Bonucci, Dybala, Cristiano, Douglas Costa...

There really isn't that much of a difference. Bayern's are just better assorted and coached
Cuadrado has had a very good year so I'll give you that one but Pjanic of similar quality to Thiago and Kimmich? Matuidi? Bonucci? It's 2020, not 2016. Douglas Costa can't start ahead of freaking Bernardeschi and he's injured half the season. Szczesny has had a worse season than Neuer, he was great last year but this year he's been nothing special at all.

You really overrate their squad if you think the difference between them and Bayern is that Bayern are better coached rather than a big difference in squad quality. If they get things wrong this summer they won't win the league next year, mark my words.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Pjanic of similar quality to Thiago and Kimmich? Matuidi? Bonucci? It's 2020, not 2016.
Yeah and Bayern's starting CB duo has been Baoteng-Alaba. If you think there's a significant difference between those two and Bonucci then there's no point continuing this discussion

Pjanic? He's had a poor half season. That makes him significantly worse than Kimmich or permanent sick note Thiago? Ok

Goretzka plays quite a bit for Bayern, is he better than Bentancour? I don't think so

Douglas Costa can't start ahead of freaking Bernardeschi and he's injured half the season.
Sure enough, he's too often injured to be considered. Kinda like Coman, who's also not particularly better han him
Szczesny has had a worse season than Neuer, he was great last year but this year he's been nothing special at all.
Statistically better than Neuer across the board. Also one of the best goalkeepers in Italy, again

You really overrate their squad if you think the difference between them and Bayern is that Bayern are better coached rather than a big difference in squad quality. If they get things wrong this summer they won't win the league next year, mark my words.
I think you massively underrate them, for whatever reason

If they don't win the league next year it'll be because someone else got massively better, not because juventus will suddenly be a poor side

PS Bayern were a significantly worse side with virtually the same players under Kovac

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Yeah and Bayern's starting CB duo has been Baoteng-Alaba. If you think there's a significant difference between those two and Bonucci then there's no point continuing this discussion

Pjanic? He's had a poor half season. That makes him significantly worse than Kimmich or permanent sick note Thiago? Ok

Goretzka plays quite a bit for Bayern, is he better than Bentancour? I don't think so

Sure enough, he's too often injured to be considered. Kinda like Coman, who's also not particularly better han him

Statistically better than Neuer across the board. Also one of the best goalkeepers in Italy, again

I think you massively underrate them, for whatever reason

If they don't win the league next year it'll be because someone else got massively better, not because juventus will suddenly be a poor side

PS Bayern were a significantly worse side with virtually the same players under Kovac
:D The day his idol fecks off we will be both happier. There are still France and the US to conquer, my only doubt is they will never pay him €31m/net year so it is what it is, scapegoats everywhere but Him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
:D The day his idol fecks off we will be both happier. There are still France and the US to conquer, my only doubt is they will never pay him €31m/net year so it is what it is, scapegoats everywhere but Him.
You want Cristiano to leave? Seriously? :eek:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
You want Cristiano to leave? Seriously? :eek:
The CL mission is very difficult to be accomplished (the WC format could still favor a lucky strike but we are gassed and out of depth at this stage). Mostly, the squad really needs a clear reset: too many spent legs, too many passengers, a troubled and awkward coaching transition. Ronnie’s two years in Turin have been a pass on the pitch and a commercial success, but another season would turn sour pretty soon imho.

Paul_Scholes18

Sanchez scores for Inter.
We can still use him. I would take him back. He is a bit too expensive as a backup player, but buying one cost a lot too.
I guess selling him to free up the wages make sense. Still not easy to find a good backup player that do not cost 30 M or more. If they do they might want to start a lot too.

Paul_Scholes18

Agreed. Would deffo take him back. He would thrive in the new set up.
Yeah would function better when we play 3-5-2 or use diamond too.
I guess he can play as a 10 too to rest Bruno and down the wings even if he is slower now.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Lukaku and Sanchez have such repulsive individualistic, narcissistic personalities don’t they? So glad they’re so far away from this feel good squad. No wonder Sanchez never got along with anyone but his dogs in Arsenal and United

Bole Top

great goal and excellent first season for Lukaku. Martinez on the other hand doesn't seem to score much lately. completely overshadowed by Rom atm.

Jerzol78

Funny situation in a Napoli Sassuolo game. 4 times Sassuolo scored a goal and 4 times the goal was overturned (and all times correctly) by VAR.

DarkLord

All the favourites winning today.
Parma beat Brescia 2-1. Inter beat Genoa 3-0 and Napoli beating Sassuolo 1-0 in the 82nd min.

Red00012

Agreed. Would deffo take him back. He would thrive in the new set up.
Here we go , Sanchez scores a few goals for Inter and all of a sudden he’s going thrive.

It wasn’t just down to form Ole got rid of him.
Classic knee jerk

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Here we go , Sanchez scores a few goals for Inter and all of a sudden he’s going thrive.

It wasn’t just down to form Ole got rid of him.
Classic knee jerk
Feck off. Go back through my posts, I've always said that I would take Sanchez back.

Get your facts straight before making knee-jerk comments yourself.

Red00012

Feck off. Go back through my posts, I've always said that I would take Sanchez back.

Get your facts straight before making knee-jerk comments yourself.
Just as well you’re not manager then isn’t it.