Italian Serie A - 2019-20

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
:wenger: STRON9ER and the most difficult, #finoallafine , until the end. :wenger:

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
I just saw that Immobile took 14 penalties this season and Ronaldo 13!

That is almost half of the goals they scored.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I just saw that Immobile took 14 penalties this season and Ronaldo 13!

That is almost half of the goals they scored.
Certainly going to be betting on a penalty in last 10 minutes of Lazio and Juve games next season. Roma also had a ridiculously soft one given in their game with a few minutes left.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Seriously, they must have some kind of scam going on with penalties in Serie A. :lol: They had already broken the all time Serie A record for pens this season, before this set of fixtures. The top two scorers, Immobile and Ronaldo, have scored what, 25 pens in the league alone between them? Not counting any they've missed or any they took in the Coppa Italia. That's just ridiculous. Look across the leagues for comparable top scorers, the penalty count each tends to be in the 4-7 range for the vast majority in Prem, La Liga and Bundesliga.
Haven't seen the Lazio one but honestly the second Roma penalty was a nonsense. Dzeko (I think) slides in to score but misses. Keeper gets him on the following through but Dzeko was already falling and it didn't affect his shot. Apparently ref was advised to go to the screen but refused.

Here at 3:23:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, been a big story over here, mostly because of the fact the ref touched the ball creating the chance for roma and didn't stop the play

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Parma's tactics have been very good against Atalanta. Their wider midfielders are stretching further and wider, and that's causing their midfielders to get dragged around. Gervinho, Kulusevski, and Caprari are then dropping into the space in between the midfield and defence and running at the Atalanta defence. Atalanta aren't helped by the fact that Pasalic is defending so high up for the most part. Parma have also done fairly well defensively by shifting their players over to the side where Atalanta have the ball and applying quick pressure as a result. Their zonal defending has worked very, very well so far.

Their 1-0 lead is well-deserved, and Atalanta need to up their tempo in order to break down Parma. At the moment, however, Atalanta are bit too slow in their build-up, and their wing backs are being taking out of the game with little to no support for them.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
In the end, Parma were hoping to hold on, but Atalanta's sheer attacking quality came through in the end. Muriel coming in for Pasalic helped free up Zapata and add another forward presence higher up the pitch, and the wing backs being more aggressive penned Parma back for much of the 2nd half. Malinovsky coming in for de Roon also helped pile up the attacking pressure. Despite Atalanta's attacking prowess, Parma held on and executed several very good counters, but they couldn't capitalise on them in the end.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Kulusevsky pitched as a potential De Bruyne and Atalanta preparing for PSG nicely. Good! The table is also pretty clear and honest at this stage: seven good or very good teams on top + one progressive team knocking for a breakthrough + six pesky/plucky outfits + six shaky or ineffective teams. Haaaard season but no revolution.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Inter's kit for next season:
That looks absolutely terrible. As a 3rd kit with an alternate colour scheme, fine, but I don't want to see that all the time.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Inter's kit for next season:
That looks absolutely terrible. As a 3rd kit with an alternate colour scheme, fine, but I don't want to see that all the time.
I don’t get the hate for Inters kit. Looks pretty smart IMO.

You could say it’s#notforeveryone

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Who is the most likely to beat Juve to a title eventually out of Inter, Napoli, Milan, Atalanta, Lazio & Roma?

I don’t follow Serie A very closely at all. Looked like Napoli we’re destined to win one at one point but never happened. Conte is a very good manager, but it’s hard to see them winning a title with all those PL cast offs at Inter. Surely the big boys will pick Atalanta’s team apart & take their best players?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Who is the most likely to beat Juve to a title eventually out of Inter, Napoli, Milan, Atalanta, Lazio & Roma?

I don’t follow Serie A very closely at all. Looked like Napoli we’re destined to win one at one point but never happened. Conte is a very good manager, but it’s hard to see them winning a title with all those PL cast offs at Inter. Surely the big boys will pick Atalanta’s team apart & take their best players?
Inter. Already the closest to juventus, plus Conte plus richer than the others

And no, atalanta won't be picked apart because they don't have a lot of players that might interest the big teams. The only ones they might be at risk of losing are Duvan and Gosens - who is a Gasperini wingback meaning they'll have little trouble to replace him

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Great goal Lautaro. Inter stays in second place.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

Question on the lineup order... when I view something like the above I have no clue what formation it is nor the actual order on the pitch. I can assume the first name is the keeper usually followed by X number of defenders, then mids, then forwards.

Can someone shed some light to how to fully comprehend the pitch formation?

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Question on the lineup order... when I view something like the above I have no clue what formation it is nor the actual order on the pitch. I can assume the first name is the keeper usually followed by X number of defenders, then mids, then forwards.

Can someone shed some light to how to fully comprehend the pitch formation?
The Atalanta one is fairly simple, 3 CBs followed by RWB, 2 CMs, LWB, and then the 3 attackers. The Parma one is a puzzle you need to solve.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Those empty stands in Serie A it keeps getting worse and worse

Yagami

Good post resistant
That first half against Spal is the best I've seen Verona play this season. Juric has done an amazing job. The way they've been creating overloads down the flanks is City-esque.

Di Carmine should already have a hattrick. To be honest, he should have 4, really!

DarkLord

Zlatan is incredible, almost 40 and he just scored his 2nd. Milan 3-0 up against Sampdoria. Their form has been amazing.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

To verify this, I had to quickly look up every player who played for both clubs since 1929-30. Thanks to a Quora answer, I was able to find most of the players. Yeah, Ibra is the first player from both Milan clubs to accomplish this (57 with Inter, 51 now with AC Milan).

DarkLord

Juve 0-1 down. Rugani's mistake. Sarri has seriously taken this team backwards. They've won the title but this season has to be their weakest title win.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Decent work by Paulo Fonseca. Didn't overachieve but looking at what happened to the squad during the pre-season (one just needs to compare the starting 11 from last season to check it) he did well and actually made some deadwood players look like proper footballers.
Probably will be sacked for not reaching the top4 though.

Edit:
stats actually show there's great room for improvement if the squad had more quality overall:

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Seems L.Alberto is about to sign a contract extension with Lazio.

No offence to Lazio but I think he should be playing for a club who are competing for not only their domestic league, but in the champions league, too. He's 2nd only to De Bryune in terms of the best creative midfielders out there at the moment.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Seems L.Alberto is about to sign a contract extension with Lazio.

No offence to Lazio but I think he should be playing for a club who are competing for not only their domestic league, but in the champions league, too. He's 2nd only to De Bryune in terms of the best creative midfielders out there at the moment.
As usual, if some other club comes with enough €€€ for him and his present employer, he will play in a better league, for a better team, for the champions league, etc. For all the bad mouthing, nobody is complaining enough to force a move, even Lukaku stopped talking racism once he understood we only have ignorant pigs over here but no one gets killed or slummed or systematically ganged up a la kkk.

Yagami

Good post resistant
As usual, if some other club comes with enough €€€ for him and his present employer, he will play in a better league, for a better team, for the champions league, etc. For all the bad mouthing, nobody is complaining enough to force a move, even Lukaku stopped talking racism once he understood we only have ignorant pigs over here but no one gets killed or slummed or systematically ganged up a la kkk.
That's the thing that surprises me: you never hear about anyone wanting Luis. After a couple of years of performing at a world class level, you'd have thought there'd be rumours of teams being interested but you never hear anything of the sort. Well, I haven't myself, but I could be wrong!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
That's the thing that surprises me: you never hear about anyone wanting Luis. After a couple of years of performing at a world class level, you'd have thought there'd be rumours of teams being interested but you never hear anything of the sort. Well, I haven't myself, but I could be wrong!
Perhaps they're put off by him not doing much at Liverpool although he was very young then. Was same with Aspas who struggled aswell and then others decided he was better as a big fish in small pond at Celta Vigo.

Came through Barca academy so might end up there again if he does well in CL next season.