Italian Serie A - 2020-2021

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
That was one of the best halves of football Juve have played in 2020, Sampdoria aren't very good though.

Way too early to tell but Kulusevski looks twice the player as Bernardeschi and McKennie looks solid too. If they bring in a striker like Dzeko I think Juve did alright transfers wise given the lack of money.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Kulusevski looks a gold buy from Juve. Good player, upgrade on Bernardeschi and Costa
He's going to be the key to their season imo. If he turns out great then he'll solve most of their creativity issues, if he turns out average then they'll have a lot of the same problems as last season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is Suarez moving to Juve totally dead then (Messi putting his foot down and saying the gang stay together for 12 more months).

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Ramsey was brilliant tonight, his best game in a Juve shirt. Will be interesting to see how Dybala fits into all of this.

Roma away and Napoli at home next will be the first real tests for Pirlo

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Was really impressed with Juve to be honest.

Weston mckennie was brilliant as was Aaron Ramsey. Ronaldo got his customary goal but he could of had 3.

Defensively Juve were better then in any game I can remember under Sarri.

Had a bit of a makeshift lineup but they just need to be a bit better going forward but it’s only the first game.

All in all I was pleasantly surprised.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
USA going to have a really good team for 2026 with him, Pulisic and Gio Reyna.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Is Suarez moving to Juve totally dead then (Messi putting his foot down and saying the gang stay together for 12 more months).
Yes, confirmed by the Juve higher ups. They said Suarez won't be able to get his Italian passport before the window closes.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Yes, confirmed by the Juve higher ups. They said Suarez won't be able to get his Italian passport before the window closes.
but could be signed as free agent and only not being able to put him in CL list but play only Serie A till Febrary when CL starts again

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Ha thanks, aware anyone is better than us but just wanted to know how they landed a great loan like that. Not sure why they didn’t buy.
we are dirty poor and made a -90m for 2019-2020 so unless we sell players for money we can't buy ANYONE.

ti vu

Ha thanks, aware anyone is better than us but just wanted to know how they landed a great loan like that. Not sure why they didn’t buy.
Someone already pointed out. Juventus is in the mess having to clean up their book with the like of Higuain, Khedira contract. Juventus is low in cash. They still need some key reinforcements like a CF. Also a loan with option to purchase is better than a straight purchase, one may argue. If the player flop just walk away.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
we are dirty poor and made a -90m for 2019-2020 so unless we sell players for money we can't buy ANYONE.
Curious as to why that is? They make CL every year and seems like they make smart moves so how come they don’t have any money?

Ronaldo is expensive but I doubt that is the main reason.

ti vu

Curious as to why that is? They make CL every year and seems like they make smart moves so how come they don’t have any money?

Serie A clubs got hit hard by COVIDS, given they relied on match attendance. It continued to be an issue until thing goes back to normal.

In Juve case, high earner like Higuain after eating a huge transfer fee with little contribution is an issuel And Juventus doesn't have any surplus profitable sellable player

Last edited:

Arios

Supports
Juventus

Juventus last season made 70.1m from ticketing which was lost due to Covid (making only 36m till they closed everything) as they refunded season tickets holder as well.
Myself I have a 250€ balance to spend :D
Also Juventus got eliminated early in the Champions League
Plus buying De Ligt for 85m and giving him 8m+4m bonus AFTER TAXES meaning 20m gross wages meaning 384k euro/week as english likes to describe wages.
Also Ronaldo is on 1.15m/week

We terminated Higuain contracts which means a net loss of 18.1m
But generally we give too much in wages. We're like third after Barca and Real Madrid while having the 10 or 11th rank in revenues

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
How come Juventus have loaned McKennie?
Its a loan with option to buy, which will trigger automatically if Mckennie meets certain performance incentives. So its basically a permanent deal if McKennie isn't shite.

B & W

Supports
Juventus Turin
but when Juventus released Matuidi they wrote that it would generate a 11m savings for next year meaning his gross wages while they didn't do so for Higuain.
It's highly unlikely for Higuain leaving without asking for a fee
Gross wages plus Amortisation.
For Higuain unofficial news say that Juventus paid about 50% of his wages 2020/21. Total savings this year should be about 25 millions (but Juventus has to hire a sub, so these savings will decrease significantly).

B & W

Supports
Juventus Turin
Pirlo changing formation to 3 at the back and playing Frabotta who I hadn't even heard of before, he's certainly going for a change :eek: Allegri and Sarri would have put De Sciglio there 100% rather than trust a 21 year old who's barely ever played at the top level.

Nothing's changed regarding Juve's ability to have a bunch of starters out at any point of the season though. First game back and De Ligt, Dybala and Alex Sandro are already out :lol:
Hopefully this year we will decrease the number of injuries. Dybala and De Ligt were out because of last years injuries. For the moment, this years we had only two other injured (Alex Sandro and Bernardeschi).

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
So Morata to Juve. Not sure about this, I think he is a good player but not what juve needed. Juve needs a hold up striker imo. Don't know how Morata gonna fit with Ronaldo, Dybala and Kulusevski. I guess Kulusevski can play as right midfielder if Pirlo continues to use a back three, basically on Cuadrados spot.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What a strange career Morata has had. Played for some of the best teams in europe without ever establishing himself as one of the best strikers in europe at any point.

Still I don't think he's that bad, just his head drops when he misses a good chance. His goal record has actually been pretty decent at Atletico Madrid, 12 in La Liga last season.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Legs, one-twos and tap-ins. He will be fine as a role player, the fans and the hierarchy love him a lot.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
So... Paulo Fonseca will probably leave by mutual agreement due to different visions on the transfer market approach. Also because Totti will return and he didn't approved Fonseca hiring, my guess.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So, currently no accusations against juventus for the fake exam, but the picture coming out seems like there might be...

Suarez and his people the only ones being excluded from the investigation right now

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So, currently no accusations against juventus for the fake exam, but the picture coming out seems like there might be...

Suarez and his people the only ones being excluded from the investigation right now
All of that work done by Paratici only to avoid him and go after Morata in the end... :lol:

I seriously wonder if he'd have been worth all of that hassle anyways. I guess they did get lucky with Morata becoming available.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I think Morata will be decent for Juve, he’s not good enough to be a starter for a top club but he’s proven he can make a difference from the bench. They needed someone who pressed and was good in the air and as there was no great striker available this year they did well to loan someone.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus

This entire matter is a joke, of course, but still... may it be any good for a long awaited coup?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Atalanta is back in town, 3-2 up against Torino. Half time.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Atalanta is back in town, 3-2 up against Torino. Half time.
kicking off their season with a 4-2 win. Typical Atalanta.

looking forward to Inter-Fiorentina tonight. Shame it's on the same time as Porto where Angel Gomes will be playing.