Italian Serie A - 2020-2021

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Lukaku who can never be wrong in terms of positioning manages not to be in the right place to finish off a good Inter move

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Conte is losing itl. Not only Inter bottle it, got a red card and wasted his injury time with moaning.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Conte is losing itl. Not only Inter bottle it, got a red card and wasted his injury time with moaning.
Incredible isn't it. His team had all the momentum and he decided to throw a hissy fit. A bit like an inverted Fergie Time.

KC91

Have a feeling Gomez will end up missing Atalanta more than they will miss him. Great player, but this is a team that is really starting to peak, and Illicic/Zapata are coming in to top form.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Lukaku always points to the ground in front of his feet when his teammates don't pass to him like he's always a sure thing to score.
Being confident and wanting the ball is the mark of a good striker.
Moaning with your mates that they didn't pass it to you without realizing that they couldn't because you didn't make the right movement is the mark of Lukaku.

kiristao

Being confident and wanting the ball is the mark of a good striker.
Moaning with your mates that they didn't pass it to you without realizing that they couldn't because you didn't make the right movement is the mark of Lukaku.
His hold up play seems to be much better than it was at United. His moaning is far worse.
Must be so frustrating as a teammate to see Lukaku complain when he isn't even making the right movement to be available to receive a pass.

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
That one in the first half on Lautaro?
Yeah good save but Lautaro really made poor use of that Musso passing blunder.
Bad first touch forced him to rush the shot on the run with two defenders sliding on the ball, he could have easily put himself in the position of calmly firing an unstoppable shot or assisting Lukaku if he didn't bork that.
100% agree.

Yagami

Good post resistant
His hold up play seems to be much better than it was at United. His moaning is far worse.
Must be so frustrating as a teammate to see Lukaku complain when he isn't even making the right movement to be available to receive a pass.
I'm sure Inter players are used to it with Brozovic.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
Both Milanese teams did
I don't think we bottled it.
Atalanta were simply superior against the players that were fielded tonight.

Pioli has done a fantastic job so far, but he gambled by starting new signing Meite out of position and it failed miserably.

This is our best XI

Ibra
Rebic - Hakan - Saelemaekers
Kessie - Bennacer
Theo - Romagnoli/Gabbia - Kjaer - Calabria
Donnarumma
This is what Atalanta faced in the first half

Ibra
Leao - Meite - Castillejo
Kessie - Tonali
Theo - Kalulu - Kjaer - Calabria
Donnarumma
Basically, we were missing 6 regulars.
That's okay when you're facing Benevento but not against Atalanta.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I don't think we bottled it.
Atalanta were simply superior against the players that were fielded tonight.

Pioli has done a fantastic job so far, but he gambled by starting new signing Meite out of position and it failed miserably.

This is our best XI

Ibra
Rebic - Hakan - Saelemaekers
Kessie - Bennacer
Theo - Romagnoli/Gabbia - Kjaer - Calabria
Donnarumma
This is what Atalanta faced in the first half

Ibra
Leao - Meite - Castillejo
Kessie - Tonali
Theo - Kalulu - Kjaer - Calabria
Donnarumma
Basically, we were missing 6 regulars.
That's okay when you're facing Benevento but not against Atalanta.
I count 5 :)

edit, nvm, you counted both Romagnoli and Gabbi

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
I count 5 :)

edit, nvm, you counted both Romagnoli and Gabbi
That's why I used the word regular, not starter.

Romagnoli, Gabbia and Kjaer are our 3 most fielded centerbacks. Two of them were missing tonight.
Romagnoli was suspended and Gabbia is injured.

Then Kalulu got injured and replaced by Musacchio who was making his 2nd cameo since February last year.

Last edited:

Gibb11

Despite the many absentees they have picked up many wins Milan, but Atlanta were just far better today.

Tonali hasn't impressed me so far, I know hes young and new but hes going to have big difficulty getting ahead of Kessie and Bennacer who look far better in quality and are still young themselves.
Be interesting to see what shape Mandzukic is in and if he can reach good level again.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Serie A's league table this season is a complete mess and not representantive of the quality of the teams. Madrid better be very careful of this Atalanta team in Europe and not get fooled by their league position. Even without Gomez their top level is extremely high.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Atalanta are a good team compared to Udine

Udinese form before Inter match
D D L L D L L D D
I so wanted them to sign Matty Ryan on loan. :D Half of Watford should keep them up at least but long gone were the days of Di Natale-Alexis-Quag and many more wonderful players when they were like a mini Parma.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
Serie A's league table this season is a complete mess and not representantive of the quality of the teams. Madrid better be very careful of this Atalanta team in Europe and not get fooled by their league position. Even without Gomez their top level is extremely high.
How is it not representative of the quality of the teams?
Teams like Juventus and Atalanta outside the Top 3 says a lot about the quality of Serie A top teams compared to a few years ago.
This is the strongest Serie A in over a decade.

Milan have had half the team out for most of the season and are still at the top. That speaks volumes about the depth and how well-coached and motivated the players are.
The absences proved to be too much against Juve and Atalanta.
Ibra, Hakan, Rebic, Theo, Bennacer and Kessie are some of the best players in the league. Donnarumma is the best GK. I think this is a better Milan squad than the one that won the league title in 2011. We had bigger names back then, but most were past their prime.

Atalanta have incredibly highs, but are also very capable of losing 5-0 if certain players are missing or the mentality is wrong for the night. The two games against Liverpool says everything about them.
They can't handle a tough schedule as well as the other top teams. and their high press is hit or miss. If Real Madrid get an early lead then I expect another 2 or 3.

Roma are flat-track bullies.

Juve and Pirlo are too Ronaldo-dependent.

Inter are capable of dominating any team but they tend to be wasteful, which has cost them a lot of points against strong opposition domestically and in Champions League.

Napoli are too inconsistent. Sometimes Gattuso gets it all wrong, and sometimes he gets it right but they still fail to win because they don't have a clinical striker in the team.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
How is it not representative of the quality of the teams?
Teams like Juventus and Atalanta outside the Top 3 says a lot about the quality of Serie A top teams compared to a few years ago.
This is the strongest Serie A in over a decade.
Levelled, sure. Strongest? Surely not. Juventus, Atalanta and Napoli are, quality wise, well ahead of Milan (overperforming right now) and Inter (monodimensional and lacking creativity). Pirlo is a rookie and his tactical mistakes are costing Juve a lot of points. Atalanta are just inconsistent, but they are the best team in Italy by far. And Napoli is lost into their own negativity and victim attitude as usual. All this, without considering the enormous pressure at any level to have a different Serie A winner this year, in spite of Milan (owned by a fund with shady connections) and Inter (Suning is phasing out because the Party closed the gates for investments abroad) being both zombie clubs right now, from an ownership point of view.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Juventus should have scored 6 against Bologna, today is not the right day to criticize them imho..

One of the few quite entertaining matches played as well from them in the last 18 months

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Milan might win the league if they can stay healthy the rest of the way, otherwise i'm backing the fecking gobbos

Bennacer is an incredibly underrated player imo, and he's by far milan's best CM, his injury has had a big impact on them

Inter just don't have the mentality of champions

Atalanta have the highest top level in the league, but i don't think they have the consistency to win it

Juventus may play like crap but they have such a massive advantage in terms of talent compared to the rest of the league, the level of performances might not matter in the end

Napoli are still the usual serial bottlers, roma are flat track bullies and Lazio don't have a bench

bakalhau

Could've been 5-0 for Juventus if everyone didn't do their best to ignore Ronaldo. Took until stoppage time for Cuadrado to actually put a ball in for the main striker. Morata had half a ball to shoot at as well but was less time on the pitch.

I enjoyed Juve's counter attacking game today. I think these 2 games were some of the most interesting from them I've watched this season.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think the fact Juventus are potentially only 4 points away from top is a bit mad when you consider just how poor they are these days for the most part.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think the fact Juventus are potentially only 4 points away from top is a bit mad when you consider just how poor they are these days for the most part.
It's not when you look at their roster and compare it with the rest

bakalhau

Just to give further visual context to my post above, and since I can't link directly to twitter media:

https://www.juventuz.com/threads/cristiano-ronaldo.43652/page-904#post-6278198

I feel as though Cuadrado played very well today but was horrid on his last decisions a lot of the time. The one he and Ronaldo are clear on goal he actually does just fine to choose shooting, but oh boy that shot went to the moon given how close he was to goal.

Still, I feel these last 2 games Juve generated much more attacking football than usual.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
36 points from 18 games for Juventus. 2,0 ppg
Not a great first half of the season. 38 x 2 = 76 points are never enough to win a 20-club league. For sure they need to improve

Half way mark:
Milan: 43 points
Inter: 41 points

85 pts will be enough to win Serie A this season. Hopefully we can replicate what we have got so far

Arios

Supports
Juventus
36 points from 18 games for Juventus. 2,0 ppg
Not a great first half of the season. 38 x 2 = 76 points are never enough to win a 20-club league. For sure they need to improve

Half way mark:
Milan: 43 points
Inter: 41 points

85 pts will be enough to win Serie A this season. Hopefully we can replicate what we have got so far
Juve still have to play against Napoli so it could be 39points.
This Milan spell must end somewhere. They went over all somehow or somewhen this can't go on forever

Arios

Supports
Juventus
It's not when you look at their roster and compare it with the rest
it's more about Juventus having -12 /-9 compared to last year
Inter having -5 or more than last year and Milan +22 or +25 compared to last year

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Of course but I don’t think they’ve been convincing at any point this season.
Flashes or glimpses here and there, but people are mad and just want god-mode 24/7/365? :houllier: They do not have to convince anyone, really... just beat what they have in front of them, game after game, situation after situation. Having a rookie coach means he is learning on the job, which is never ideal, but this is a rebuilding season.

To be fair, they are even better than the general expectation, which really gives the measure of how distant the others are in terms of quality: Sarri won the scudetto as a bird into a pond, Pirlo may well win it as a rookie. Kulusevski, McKennie, Chiesa, Morata are all proving smart additions, with fresher legs and proactive attitude.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Flashes or glimpses here and there, but people are mad and just want god-mode 24/7/365? :houllier: They do not have to convince anyone, really... just beat what they have in front of them, game after game, situation after situation. Having a rookie coach means he is learning on the job, which is never ideal, but this is a rebuilding season.

To be fair, they are even better than the general expectation, which really gives the measure of how distant the others are in terms of quality: Sarri won the scudetto as a bird into a pond, Pirlo may well win it as a rookie. Kulusevski, McKennie, Chiesa, Morata are all proving smart additions, with fresher legs and proactive attitude.
We need to move on from Chiellini-Bonucci. In real building-up season ,covid wise, we should move to DeLigt-Demiral duo.
That said I want this year championship to reach it 10 in a row and name it "La decade bianconera".
I could understand Inter winning it as they have a very good starting XI and much better midfield than us but Milan winning it would be mad!
Their starting XI can't compare to top 4 Serie A let alone being the best team....
I mean the only players I'd pick from Milan are Donnarumma,Hernandez and Callanhoglu.

What's even more maddening is that we'd win this championship with any seasoned manager but we went for a total newbie like Pirlo...
It's all about the management if we lose this year.
If they picked up even someone like Spalletti so no Klopp,Zidane,Guardiola or whatever hot trend manager you can spell but any random seasoned Serie A manager would've done the job.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
It's all about the management if we lose this year.
Accept and lose one to win the next 3...5...9? :lol: Serie A is broke, it is now or never for both Milano clubs, Roma and even Napoli. With the SuperLeague project now gone bust, oppos only hope is a parallel Euroleague tournament a la basket that would be tiring enough... or maybe Andrea Agnelli moving to Ferrari while being replaced by his mad cousin Lapo Elkann, so that Juve becomes a circus. :D

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
McKennie is really fecking good though :mad:

What a pick up!

Arios

Supports
Juventus
McKennie is really fecking good though :mad:

What a pick up!
the only good one in our midfield...
we'd need at least 2 mids but how and where can we offload Rabiot,Ramsey and Bentancur?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
the only good one in our midfield...
we'd need at least 2 mids but how and where can we offload Rabiot,Ramsey and Bentancur?
Offloading Bentancour is easy, pretty much every top european club would be interested

Rabiot and Ramsey have big wages, might be harder. They're also good players though

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Offloading Bentancour is easy, pretty much every top european club would be interested

Rabiot and Ramsey have big wages, might be harder. They're also good players though
both Ramsey and Rabiot are on 7.5m/year after taxes converting on UK standars making it easier to understand they're on 269k/week gross wages
Even if we give them up for free whose gonna come and pick them?

I mean they're not bad players but they aren't what Juventus need right now.

I wonder why big teams would all run up to Bentancur he didn't improve much over the years and he is 23years and at Juventus since what? since when he was 19.
He is a weird one. Sometimes you see hope and shit from him while sometimes it's like he's playing against YOU.
See Milan game....

Currently we'd need a DePaul or the likes to complete our midfield.
We can't drop Arthur given we valued him 72m so he is an asset we must value.