Italian Serie A - 2020-2021

DavidDeSchmikes

Managerial merry go around in Italy. 10 clubs have already changed managers.
Juric was fired by Verona, and gone to Torino (who fired Davide Nicola)

Inter, Verona, Juventus, Roma, Fiorentina, Sassuolo, Sampdoria, Napoli, Lazio, Torino

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
Serie A awards

Best goalkeeper Donnarumma - AC Milan
Best defender Romero - Atalanta
Best midfielder Barella - Inter
Best striker C.Ronaldo - Juve
Best U23 Vlahovic - Fiorentina
Best player overall Lukaku - Inter

I disagree just about the best difender and the best striker award: IMO it should have been won by DeVrij or Skriniar (or Bastoni?) and Muriel without any doubt.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Serie A awards

Best goalkeeper Donnarumma - AC Milan
Best defender Romero - Atalanta
Best midfielder Barella - Inter
Best striker C.Ronaldo - Juve
Best U23 Vlahovic - Fiorentina
Best player overall Lukaku - Inter

I disagree just about the best difender and the best striker award: IMO it should have been won by DeVrij or Skriniar (or Bastoni?) and Muriel without any doubt.
How is Lukaku the best player but not the best striker? You only get to win one category?

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
How is Lukaku the best player but not the best striker? You only get to win one category?
I Guess... because the winner of each category puts a special badge on his shirt for all over the next year and two might cover too much space on the chest

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
Dude 29goals Ronaldo vs 24 Lukaku
Muriel scored ‘only’ 22 but he took only two penalties. most of his goals were absolute beauties instead of Ronaldo’s

luis muriel deserved this for me

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
From 2021/22 season on fixtures will be...

Saturday

14:30
16:30
18:30
20:45

Sunday

12:30
14:30
16:30
18:30

Monday

All times CET.

All because DAZN is useless. I like it.

giorno

Supports
Real Madrid
Other than the lunch time game which is always bad because it's a dumb time for a game, it's the right move honestly

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
For once, Inter fans have been unlucky with their wealthy owners, now forced to downsize and dismiss football by the Party. Intense joy, but short. :lol:

With Allegri back and Agnelli not acting drunk any more with politics and transfers, expect an 85 points baseline next year for the Scudetto, with only Atalanta possibly having in them the potential to match such tally.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
For once, Inter fans have been unlucky with their wealthy owners, now forced to downsize and dismiss football by the Party. Intense joy, but short. :lol:

With Allegri back and Agnelli not acting drunk any more with politics and transfers, expect an 85 points baseline next year for the Scudetto, with only Atalanta possibly having in them the potential to match such tally.
Dude unless Exor aka the owners don't put 200-300m we're in dip shit as well.
IF we don't sell players by 30 of the month we'll be in a -200m in our books.
What can we expect??

RedRonaldo

All four reasons come from the same principle that it's somehow normal for a player to consider himself above the team.

1. He doesn't need more goals (who cares if the team do)
2. He can't get more trophies (who cares what else the team wants to achieve)
3. He's leaving (who cares what his current team expects from him while he's under contract)
4. He's saving himself for the national team (who cares about club football anyway)

None of those are good reasons not to play in the game if you accept the principle that the team comes before the individual, which is obviously a fundamental principle in team sports. It doesn't matter that he can't get more trophies or doesn't need more goals because the team needs his goals, and they have very important secondary priorities when trophies are no longer available. Until he's left to a new club or to his national team, he has a responsibility for his team, and choosing to put another team before that - during a game - is beyond disrespectful.

Players who show such disregard for that basic principle are criticised. The fact you think they are a good defence of his actions is just an illustration of how far you've moved your perspective just to be able to paint him in a good light. They just clarify his complete disregard for that basic principle. At least according to your theory for why he did it. I wouldn't assume that of Ronaldo because I consider him to be a respectful professional.
Well this is all based on the common understanding that he is already 36 and hasn’t have enough rest this season, you can’t really expect any 36 year old player to overplay and risk himself of injuries, especially ahead of his final Euro tournament. The only circumstance when he would consider worthwhile to risk himself injuries playing under unfit/exhausted condition, is when he has something else “important” to achieve. I think the plan over the last game, is that he would play in 2nd half if/when Juventus is not winning.

RedRonaldo

Got to keep CR7 happy, they saw his cars being shipped and took action :lol:
This whole “Serie A award” is basically a very new award body commenced not long ago and only have 3 years history. It’s based on some point system I guess, not by voting (at least that’s how the award body claim). And every year MVP award is given to different player who is not getting any other awards (such as best striker etc). I suspect best striker is always given to top goalscorer, and MVP is always given to best player from winning team. But no idea how they do all these calculations for MVP.

Last edited: