Italian Serie A - 2020-2021

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
I would love it if Atalanta won the league & you know what, they might just do it! How bad would that make Lazio, Roma, Inter, AC Milan, Napoli even & Fiorentina look?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah but it wasn't because other teams got better. Juve just got so much worse. This must be like one of their worst teams in the last 10 years. Reminds me a bit of the Diego, Krasic, Amauri era.
Now add to that that they have Pirlo who never ever managed a team in his life and you have a recipe for disaster.
Mmm i'm really curious to see juventus at full strength. Individually it's a very strong team, perhaps the strongest they've had since 16/17. Chiesa/Cuadrado on the flanks, De Ligt, Bonucci and Demiral in defence, Cristiano, Dybala and Kulusevski plus Morata and Ramsey up top and Rabiot, Arthur and Bentancour plus the american in midfield, that is not a poor team. At all. A lot will depend on how well they gel and how good a job Pirlo does.
the only Serie A team that really got worse are Roma. Monchi did a lot of damages there, they went from Szczesny/Alisson, Manolas, Rudiger, Emerson Palmieri, Pjanic, Nainggolan, De Rossi, Strootman, Paredes, Salah and prime Dzeko to Zaniolo, Spinazzola, Smalling and a bunch of mediocre players..
Heh. Roma were never in a position where they could keep their best players, and their best sides over the last few years have been Maicon-Benatia-Florenzi-De Rossi-Pjanic-Naingolann-Totti-Gervinho, Florenzi-Manolas-Emerson-Naingolann-De Rossi-Dzeko-Perotti...

Zaniolo is a big miss, that's bad luck, and of course replacing the likes of Totti and De Rossi was never going to be easy for them, but the current side isn't that much worse than those. Mostly the average level of the league went up and especially at the top there is far more and better competition

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I would love it if Atalanta won the league & you know what, they might just do it! How bad would that make Lazio, Roma, Inter, AC Milan, Napoli even & Fiorentina look?
Not that bad honestly. Atalanta went for a lot of gambles(Ilicic, Muriel, Zapata, Cristante, Pasalic....) and Gasperini turned them all into wins. Mostly it would be a testament to how much italian football underestimated and underrated gasp all these years before he took the atalanta job

TommiHelm

This referee is hilarious. That penalty. The yellow for Zlatan. Red card for someone on the bench rightly complaining. And now another soft penalty, this time for Milan. Also looked scared to death to look Zlatan in the eyes when he gave him a yellow. :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The penalty for roma, i must say it looked ridiculous live but on the first few replays, it looked like it might have been a penalty, maybe. 50/50 situation. VAR isn't supposed to involve itself in those. But then they showed a clearer image that left ZERO doubt that it was a foul by the attacker. Question is why didn't VAR see that?

Penalty for milan same story, it looks ridiculous but it's more of an actual 50/50 situation. Well, maybe more like 40/60 :D

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Worst performance i've seen by a ref this season and that's saying something.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Veretout bit like Bruno Fernandes on the penalties, think he's scored his last 7-8.

Milan are doing more than o.k considering the guff they've largely served up over last 5 years. Would have Inter as favourites this season. Got a good run of games up to January.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Nah think Lazio have past their peak, could have similar season to Napoli last year given their results so far.

Not sure what's happened to Atalanta since the break, 3-1 loss at home to Sampdoria at the weekend. Perhaps Ranieri has another miracle in store as Samp have some really good results already this season.
Well i mean if Juventus are struggling for few more weeks then clubs like Lazio and Atalanta must get their shit together because they wouldn't get a better chance in the next years.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Yeah but it wasn't because other teams got better. Juve just got so much worse. This must be like one of their worst teams in the last 10 years. Reminds me a bit of the Diego, Krasic, Amauri era.
Now add to that that they have Pirlo who never ever managed a team in his life and you have a recipe for disaster.
I think a mix of both. You are right this team is poor granted injuries are not helping but lots of teams in Serie A have gotten better as well think.

Juve reign is coming to an end very very soon. Should of been last season and so far its not looking good this one.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
Everybody saying that there has never been a better chance to dethrone Juve, don't know if you guys remember but juve was below midtable for at least the first 10 games in the 15/16 season. And like this one there were a lot of changes that season, Pirlo, Tévez and Vidal left while Dybala, Sandro and Mandzukic arrived. Also plenty of injuries at the start of that seasons , just like this one.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think a mix of both. You are right this team is poor granted injuries are not helping but lots of teams in Serie A have gotten better as well think.
Scesny-Demiral/Chiellini-Bonucci-De Ligt-Chiesa-Cuadrado-Rabiot-Arthur/Bentancour-Kulusevski-Dybala-Cristiano

Poor? It's the probably the most talent they've had over the last decade. Maybe it won't be great, but poor :lol:

Meaningless to make judgements on them right now, considering the situation

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Scesny-Demiral/Chiellini-Bonucci-De Ligt-Chiesa-Cuadrado-Rabiot-Arthur/Bentancour-Kulusevski-Dybala-Cristiano

Poor? It's the probably the most talent they've had over the last decade. Maybe it won't be great, but poor :lol:

I agree with you and think, he is just getting in his excuses early

abundance

Supports
Inter
Everybody saying that there has never been a better chance to dethrone Juve, don't know if you guys remember but juve was below midtable for at least the first 10 games in the 15/16 season. And like this one there were a lot of changes that season, Pirlo, Tévez and Vidal left while Dybala, Sandro and Mandzukic arrived. Also plenty of injuries at the start of that seasons , just like this one.
Different team, different spirit, different hunger, different coach. And different opponents.

This Juve will improve but I highly doubt they'll be able to suddenly gel back to the solidity of that one.
And even if they do, the rest of the pack won't let them run away with it and put the scudetto in a safe by spring that easily.

MrEleson

That team's really not that good. I'm still trying to decipher what's so special about that line-up beyond 1 or 2 players.

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
Let's be honest, can anyone other than Inter, AC or Juve win the league?

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
Still can’t get my head around the fact VAR didn’t overturn this:houllier:
[/QUOTE]

Yes i completely agree, crazy or what!?!