Italian Serie A - 2020-2021

Arios

Supports
Juventus
they really want someone to win serie A one way or another :D

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
I am an Interista and I am more worried about Milan’s luck than those penalties.

Opponents scores at the very first shot in every match against us, and they fail many chanches against them instead, as we’ve seen today too.

Bologna could have scored 4-5 goals easily.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
I am an Interista and I am more worried about Milan’s luck than those penalties.

Opponents scores at the very first shot in every match against us, and they fail many chanches against them instead, as we’ve seen today too.

Bologna could have scored 4-5 goals easily.
"Easily"

Milan have defenders who are great individually and manage to make a crucial block or recovery even 1 on 1.
The best goalkeeper in Serie A, Donnarumma, and also the best backup keeper, Tatarusanu.

That's not luck. That's quality players.

But Milan wasted more chances than Bologna today. 10 shots on target.
Skorupski made 8 saves!
Ibra missed several sitters. Theo hit the crossbar. Calabria and Leao had good chances to score too.

It was not a beautiful, dominating performance, but no one was expecting that with the decimated team Pioli had to deploy. Thankfully, our key players have finally all returned.
However the team has been able to grind out a lot of wins even with all these absences, in contrast to Juve and Inter who have plummeted without Cristiano and Lukaku.

Milan have been anything but lucky this season. 12 shots that hit the post, which is the by far most in Serie A and also shared top spot in Top 5 leagues.
For comparison, Inter have hit the post 4 times. Juve 7 times.

Also more injuries and false positive COVID cases than any other top team.

But sure, Milan is lucky because players like Ibra and Leao turned out to be more clinical than the average strikers of Bologna and Benevento.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Inter have played only one game without Lukaku so wouldn’t say plummeted. That game was a 2-2 draw against Parma. Inter also tied Parma 2-2 last year (with Lukaku) and lost to Parma the season before.

Similarly there were 3 other games that Lukaku was benched for which were: Atalanta Inter 1-1, Sassuolo Inter 0-3, and Sampdoria Inter 2-1 being the only one where Inter struggled although that’s more to do with Alexis for some reason taking a penalty. If Lukaku took the penalty Inter would definitely take the lead and it would be a different game

In the Champions League Inter also scored 2 away goals vs Real in the game Lukaku was out for while losing without scoring in the home game(with Lukaku).

Lukaku is having the best season of his career but he’s being overrated and hasn’t been in good form recently. Even today, he scored 2 goals but it was probably his worst game this season (which shows how misleading stats can be)

Id also say Buffon is the bestbackup GK in serie a, although I think Tatarusanu only played one Serie A match against Roma where he looked really shaky imo.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Juventus fixtures after Sampdoria:

Feb 2 vs Inter. Coppa Italia SF 1st leg
Feb 6 vs Roma. Serie A
Feb 9 vs Inter. Coppa Italia SF 2nd leg
Feb 13 vs Napoli. Serie A
Feb 17 vs Porto. Champions League

A lot at stake in just 15 days..
This will be an interesting run of games. Fortunately, we have recovered almost all absentees over the last couple of weeks, apart from Dybala, so we will be able to rotate and bring in fresh legs. Compared to the starting eleven of the Sampdoria match we will have players like De Ligt, Alex Sandro, Rabiot, Ramsey and Kulusevski (+ Dybala eventually) to bring on at any time. That's a good set of players to have for rotation.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
This will be an interesting run of games. Fortunately, we have recovered almost all absentees over the last couple of weeks, apart from Dybala, so we will be able to rotate and bring in fresh legs. Compared to the starting eleven of the Sampdoria match we will have players like De Ligt, Alex Sandro, Rabiot, Ramsey and Kulusevski (+ Dybala eventually) to bring on at any time. That's a good set of players to have for rotation.
Tough run indeed and another test for Pirlo: if gassed before Porto, as almost inevitable, would he field the ancient (and pretty much finished at the highest level) Bonucci & Chiellini or the much more svelte De Ligt & Demiral as CBs? Porto away threatens to be another nightmare game, at this point of the season with a rookie coach, just like Ajax two years ago under Allegri and Lyon last year under Sarri.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
The commentators on espn latin america are saying it was not a penalty. I think young was clearly holding cuadrado for a good 4 steps and is a clear penalty. Is it my Juve bias or the commentators are plain wrong?

stankovic

Supports
inter
The commentators on espn latin america are saying it was not a penalty. I think young was clearly holding cuadrado for a good 4 steps and is a clear penalty. Is it my Juve bias or the commentators are plain wrong?
I may be just as biased as you here, but that looks so soft... and as a rule of thumb, when Cuadrado is involved 9 out of 10 times is probably not a pen in these cases... anyway stupid move from young as the ball was totally out of reach

James Peril

Apologies Cristiano. Saw 1-0 and thought for a wee moment that now.... his influence is actually gone, he’s too old now. Checked Livescore ten minutes later and yeah, he’s not a regular fella this guy.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nah. It's soft, but he grabs his arm and holds onto it like it was his balls. Cuadrado throws himself down but obviously grabbing someone's arm as he's running is going to impair the run(and it does). Really dumb from Young

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Juventus holds the advantage now, but Inter was better than the scoreline suggest.
2nd leg will be interesting, with Lukaku and Hakimi back.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Yeah the foul was there, and Giorno is right, very very dumb from Young.
That anxiety of the old player that can't keep up with the pace and tries to do the "experienced" thing in the goofiest possible way.

Then there's the optics of Cuadrado notoriously making huge meals of anything he can - love how he suddenly can't resist the challenge anymore the very moment he realizes the cross is off base... But what can you say, good for him, the foul is there.

And then there's the optics of Juve havin' it overzealous with VAR, but that's just low level banter that I try to resist falling for every time I can keep hold of my tifoso emotions. Foul was still there.

Those commentators probably are still stuck in ye olde mindset where a not so blatant foul not so near to the ball "is never a penalty".
It was never meant to be like that, it was only a way to retrofit hazy politics onto the hard job of refereeing, and VAR is finally putting a end to that.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Juventus holds the advantage now, but Inter was better than the scoreline suggest.
2nd leg will be interesting, with Lukaku and Hakimi back.
Juve still have that big team quality lingering in their spirit - that is, making the most of what they can do. But truth is that what they can do isn't really much these days.

Inter is the opposite, I think that, despite our tactical inflexibilities, by sheer volume of play we are undoubtedly the most dominant team in Serie A, but we weight us down with seemingly insurmountable technical and psychological limits that keep leading to drama and dead ends.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Not a good game, but great result. The most annoying thing about this match was Barella. How to we buy, loan and get options on all these young players, but miss out on him. Hope he runs down his contract :angel:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Looks like Inter are going to place further financial woes due to both their excessive spending and Suning's own financial issues back in China (heavy debt being a part of it).

MetoTTT

A sneaky bid for Rom, Alexis and Young? :D
A lot of Italian clubs did the same since long time.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Looks like Inter are going to place further financial woes due to both their excessive spending and Suning's own financial issues back in China (heavy debt being a part of it).
Inter not going anywhere in the CL these last couple of seasons really hurt them.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is SerieA's January MVP!

Among the main characteristics that allowed the Biancoceleste number 21 to excel over other great champions, the following data are highlighted:
- With a technical efficiency performance of 95% (peak of 98% in the Bergamo match) it contributes to the 5 consecutive victories of the Biancocelesti
- He always knows what to do (K-Solution 94.5%) and is decisive both in the possession phase (Offensive Aggressiveness 93.7%) and in interdiction (Pressing 92.3%)
- He takes the team in hand (Impact Factor 14%) combining excellent tactical skills (K-Movement 92.8%) with a commendable spirit of sacrifice (he travels over 12 km per game, 3 of which are high intensity)
- Very high ability to concentrate: successfully complete over 50% of the passages with high difficulty coefficient and never miss those with medium-low difficulty

“Sergej Milinkovic-Savic confirms himself as one of the stars of Serie A TIM, a complete player capable of making an impact in all phases of the game. In the last month, with his technical, athletic and leadership skills he has been the protagonist of performances of the highest level, providing a decisive contribution in the 5 consecutive successes obtained by Lazio ", declared Luigi De Siervo, CEO of Lega Serie A.

He's been outstanding so far this season, and it's probably time for him to move on.. If Manchester United sell Pogba than he'd be the perfect replacement: younger, cheaper (signing fee and gross salary, he earns around £90-100k at the moment) and much less troublemaker

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Who can we bid on? Martinez?

abundance

Supports
Inter
Barella Skriniar Hakimi and Bastoni are the ones that may have it in themselves for the top level.
Not so sure about Martinez, still to frantic and wasteful, and not very quick.

Said that, you can all respectfully go probe your digestive trait with a sturdy oblong device, thank you very much. :yawn:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Barella is the must buy for any top club

De Vrij, Bastoni, Brozovic, Lukaku, Lautaro and Hakimi would be good signings for anyone too, but Barella is the crack

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Looks like Atalanta have blown a 3 goal lead at home to Torino, that takes some doing this season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Roma missing half of their first choice team looking at some of the names in that line up.

1-0 Juve. You know who....

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Juventus had 3 total shots. 2-0

Unfeckinbelievable