Italian Serie A - 2021-2022

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bernardeschi out with the strangest injury you'll ever see. Was just running and somehow injured his shoulder. Inter scored while juventus were down to 10 :lol:

saivet

Juventus lose at home to sassuolo :lol:
Ronaldo was holding them back...better team without him they said :lol:

He caused them some problems but their bigger issue is having a shite team.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

No, their bigger issue right now is not having Cristiano funnily enough :lol:

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

At the end of the day i think the impact of one player, negative or positive is overstated.

Juventus were bad with Ronaldo in the team, but so are they without him, United were mediocre without him, mediocre with him.

He doesn't lift teams that much anymore, one can take that away, but then again, he is old, as long as one doesn't center the entire team around him things should be fine imo.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
No, their bigger issue right now is not having Cristiano funnily enough :lol:
They did better without him in Europe, they got knocked out by Lyon,Porto, and Ajax with him on the team.

And i don't think they need a 36 years Ronaldo to win Serie A, more like their midfield needs to be changed more than anything.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They did better without him in Europe, they got knocked out by Lyon,Porto, and Ajax with him on the team.

And i don't think they need a 36 years Ronaldo to win Serie A, more like their midfield needs to be changed more than anything.
No, they are fine, their problem is Dybala is physically unreliable and they have no one else who can score with any consistency, and for some reason Allegri is not a big fan of Chiesa...
Sassuolo is actually a very competitive team. They can beat any team in a good day.
Last season, not this one. They haven't been good at all

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
No, they are fine, their problem is Dybala is physically unreliable and they have no one else who can score with any consistency, and for some reason Allegri is not a big fan of Chiesa...

Last season, not this one. They haven't been good at all
Indeed, but i don't think old Ronaldo is the solution for Juventus real problems, just like it wasn't for United either.

Problem with Italy is that due to economic reasons they can't get top players at their peak anymore, they are relying on great players but who are old/past their peak and young promises(who most of the times don't work as expected).
Juventus went into debt to sign an old/past their peak Ronaldo, no way they would have convinced peak Ronaldo to move to Serie A.

I think Serie A will keep struggling in Europe until they fix their finances and reputation first, which means that PL and La Liga are gonna get most the proved top talent available in the market for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheimoon

La Vecchia Signora

Supports
Juventus
Juventus is not going to win the league. Period.

Focusing on winning other trophies is what we hope for now. But what makes us happy is the football we play, attack all 90 minutes. Maxi needs time again. We also need a solid backline, one playmaker like pogba and World Class Striker to support Dybala, Morata and Kean and Donnarumma or any good Goalkeeper to replace our current lineup goalkeepers.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Indeed, but i don't think old Ronaldo is the solution for Juventus real problems, just like it wasn't for United either.

Problem with Italy is that due to economic reasons they can't get top players at their peak anymore, they are relying on great players but who are old/past their peak and young promises(who most of the times don't work as expected).
Juventus went into debt to sign an old/past their peak Ronaldo, no way they would have convinced peak Ronaldo to move to Serie A.

I think Serie A will keep struggling in Europe until they fix their finances and reputation first, which means that PL and La Liga are gonna get most the proved talent available in the market for a while.
I hear this being repeated over and over again, did you know Juventus economic position improved with the signing of Ronaldo?
Revenues actually increased by 60-70 millions, and they spent quite a lot of money on players besides Ronaldo as well.

People talk of Ronaldo as if he bankrupted the club or something.

La Vecchia Signora

Supports
Juventus
I hear this being repeated over and over again, did you know Juventus economic position improved with the signing of Ronaldo?
Revenues actually increased by 60-70 millions, and they spent quite a lot of money on players besides Ronaldo as well.

Agreed. The only reason Juventus got rid of him.

Idxomer

The problem of course they didn't replace him, they didn't really strengthen the team this summer.

Locatelli, Kean, and Kaio Jorge all cost like 10m, and only the 1st one is somewhat proven quality.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

That was before COVID. Once COVID hit, cristiano became a stone around their neck financially

::sonny::

Do you know who is the best DM of the league?

Anguissa, a Fulham reject (on loan at Napoli)

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.

He was very good at Villareal too.

But he has played just 7 games in Seria A, chill a bit.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Not really a defensive midfielder and hardly a reject. He was great for them last season and he moved up

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Juventus lose at home to sassuolo :lol:
At the last minute of stoppage time.

If you replace Pjanic, Khedira, Madzukic and Higuain with Arthur, Rabiot, Kulusevski and Morata, then nobody is able to win a game anymore by pulling a rabbit out of their skillset… Dybala is the only one, and he hit the post before Sassuolo took the lead, he also assisted McKennie.

And Ronaldo, yes, he was our biggest problem indeed, especially last year, we were actually Ronaldo FC… this time around, it is just a canonical rebuilding season, with bumpy streteches and purple patches here and there. Even Agnelli had to restate today, for the stakeholders of the club, that it was our honor to have him in Turin, but at the end of the day, the team always comes first and we are all glad he fecked off in the end, one year too late to be fair.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Napoli and Milan have started brilliantly. I still think Inter will catch up soon.

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
Napoli and Milan have started brilliantly. I still think Inter will catch up soon.
I think Inter was very unlucky from the beginning of the season 'cos we played three good games against Atalanta, Lazio and Juventus and got 2 points only despite we deserved 6/7 though.
If Jose gives us a present this sunday (ASRoma - ACMilan) and we'll win the Derby next week, we may be close to the top quicky. it's gonna be an important week (UCL too...). Come on Inter!

I think Inter was very unlucky from the beginning of the season 'cos we played three good games against Atalanta, Lazio and Juventus and got 2 points only despite we deserved 6/7 though.
If Jose give us a present this sunday (ASRoma - ACMilan) and we'll win the Derby next week, we may be close to the top quicky. it's gonna be an important week (UCL too...). Come on Inter!
And should have won on Sunday if it werent for a daft penalty.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
For a while, it looked like 1-0s and Allegri-ball was back, false dawn it looks like.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They're not getting even close to scoring

marktan

Ronaldo must be pissed he wasted 3 of his final good years at Juve, the team is absolute garbo

SER19

Juve are such a joke. Never shutting up about being better without Ronaldo and they can hardly pass. Angelli bonucci and chiellini at it, not to mention jonathon Wilson acting like some sort of guru saying the same. They're utter shite