Italian Serie A - 2021-2022

RooneyLegend

Compared to Serie A, the Premier League is on another level. I'd fancy the traditional top 6 English clubs all to beat every Italian club over two legs.
How can you say this with any sort of confidence, do you ever watch us play?

RooneyLegend

Difference has never been bigger in Premier League vs the rest comparisons.

Mourinho the dinosaur waves his magic again. And it's still the honeymoon phase.
Nah, the Prem just has 3 great sides, everyone else is neither here nor there.

PoTMS

How can you say this with any sort of confidence, do you ever watch us play?
At our worst, we managed to beat and draw against Atalanta. I'd fancy Mr Champions League to come up trumps against any Italian side.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Lazio down to ten men. Barella down, first blown up for foul on Dumfries. No now it is two yellows as two different incidents and two different players. :lol:

RooneyLegend

At our worst, we managed to beat and draw against Atalanta. I'd fancy Mr Champions League to come up trumps against any Italian side.
They were at their worst themselves and are far from being the best in the league and we squeaked those results.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Nah, the Prem just has 3 great sides, everyone else is neither here nor there.
And what does Italy have, one semi-great side?

I'm sorry, but Premiership is just way ahead, it's not even a fair comparison anymore. Yes, there are three sides better than the rest of the Premier League, but that rest is still way ahead of anything these leagues have to offer. Italy have Salernitana playing in Serie A, that's way below the Norwich level.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
That Atalanta had 5-6 main players all missing in both games, United was quite lucky to play against them in that period.

RooneyLegend

I'm sorry, but Premiership is just way ahead, it's not even a fair comparison anymore. Yes, there are three sides better than the rest of the Premier League, but that rest is still way ahead of anything these leagues have to offer. Italy have Salernitana playing in Serie A, that's way below the Norwich level.
Take the top 3 from the Prem out then there's no real difference. Napoli looked on whole different level when they met up with Leicester not so long ago.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.

What Leicester and Tottenham have done this season in Europe shows otherwise.

Its just Liverpool, City, and Chelsea being better than the rest, not Tottenham,Leicester or West Ham...these 3 teams aren't any better than the likes of Leverkusen,Dortmund,Lazio,Napoli,Sevilla,Villareal,Lille,Lyon,etc.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Take the top 3 from the Prem out then there's no real difference. Napoli looked on whole different level when they met up with Leicester not so long ago.
But Napoli is third in Serie A at the moment. While Leicester is tenth in Premier League. Number 10 in Serie A right now is Empoli.

Amount of money in Premier League was bound to make a difference at some point. Right now Premier League is ahead in terms of pretty much everyting. That doesn't mean that on good day some Serie A sides wouldn't be able to beat English sides, but generally speaking, they are operating on budgets and in conditions that will never allow them to seriously compete.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Napoli are the second best side in Italy at full strenght, and top 3 even with all their best players falling like flies to injuries and acon and covid . Leicester are like what, the 7th or 8th best team in england? No shit they looked a different level :lol:

Mind, your overall point isn't really wrong either. I'd fancy Inter and even a full strenght Napoli against any english side outside the top 3. Well and maybe Spurs now
How highly rated is Simone Inzaghi ?
Very highly

Pintu

That's about right.

I believe only Bayern and maybe Real Madrid are really on the level of that top 3 right now. Not even PSG.

But the rest of the league, including this in-form Arsenal, are nothing special.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Thought he did a great job for many years at Lazio. Played very exciting football and they got top 4 many seasons (significantly more off the pace under Sarri despite still having likes of SMS and Immobile).

Thought Inter would struggle to repeat last year but they've done very well and favourites to retain title.

Feels like Italy might go for him soon as Mancini cycle appears to be over regardless of making world cup.

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
He is already rated as one of the best italian managers, that kind of managers who makes their teams play an enjoyable football (good job at Lazio side)
If he reach the Scudetto this year, he will be rated even higher.

IMO he's been the perfect Conte replacement for us.

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
Feels like Italy might go for him soon as Mancini cycle appears to be over regardless of making world cup.
I don't think that. I guess the next Italy manager may be a "non manager"... Fabio Cannavaro. Would you bet?

piesel

Confirmed ACL for Chiesa, he needs surgery and the season is over. Huge blow for Juve and Italy.

Pintu

Supercoppa tonight. Inter the massive favorite against Juventus for the first time in 10 years.

And Allegri, deprived of some important players, chose to bench other important players (Bonucci, Dybala Szczesny).

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I don't know what the feck Inzaghi is doing.

Alexis has to play. Coming off a MOTM performance in their last game and in great form.

They look devoided of ideas up front. Lautaro/Dzeko has nowhere the creativity and quality on the ball to get the best of their partner.

edit. De Sciglio gifts a stupid penalty and Lautaro scores. 1-1

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't know what the feck Inzaghi is doing.

Alexis has to play. Coming off a MOTM performance in their last game and in great form.

They look devoided of ideas up front. Lautaro/Dzeko has nowhere the creativity and quality on the ball to get the best of their partner.

edit. De Sciglio gifts a stupid penalty and Lautaro scores. 1-1
Nice observation regarding Sanchez, nice goal.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
That seals it, it pains me to say this but since getting rid of Alexis he has gone on to win 2 trophies , not bad for a player who was considered past it several years ago.

Charlie Foley

Sandro Jesus.
Good pressure Darmian. If someone has a clip of his face on the floor watching Sanchez :lol:

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Espn+ signal went out in the last and they didnt show the goal!!! They still haven't replayed it!!!

edit. they just replayed it. Well done Darmian and Alexis for keep pushing till the very end.

wr8_utd

:'(
Good work from Alexis to control and finish. Genuinely feels like there's a big game in Italy almost every week.