Italian Serie A - 2021-2022

Pintu

Who’s the favourite to win the league this season? Still Inter?
Probably. But I wouldn't write off any other "big" teams (Juventus, Napoli, Milan, and Roma) as of yet. Inter are not gonna have another Europe-free season.

Although Milan and Napoli might find it difficult to manage the ACON.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
When Ronaldo used to score for Juve it was a weak league but slide a couple past Newcastle and he's back on top I see :lol:
You see feck all bro. How the hell did you manage this make this conclusion from I said ?
However since we're on the subject, the Serie A is much weaker than the PL. They're not even close

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If milan can play with this energy at this pace, liverpool-milan is gonna be the game of the season

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ibra will score a goal a game in serie A until he's 45 :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Comprehensive win for milan this. Outclassed them

A-man

40 years old coming back after 126 injury days. No problem, Zlatan scores after 7 minutes.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
:lol: Juventus fans claiming they were tired “helping” one of the greatest players of all time.

The worst footballing take of the decade.

Teja

The eternal Zlatan

The game looks like it's being played in slow motion :lol:

Why does the CB not go close the guy down despite having backup from 3 players? What's with the two CMs jogging back casually?

A-man

Why does the CB not go close the guy down despite having backup from 3 players? What's with the two CMs jogging back casually?
Note that Zlatan didn’t even tie his shoe laces.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Milan forced a mad pace for 60 minutes, lazio players just never could cope. Basically tired them out inside 40 minutes :lol:

Schnappo

This Roma v Sassuolo game has been great. Rui Patricio has been brilliant, Roma are incredibly lucky to still be level.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
This Roma v Sassuolo game has been great. Rui Patricio has been brilliant, Roma are incredibly lucky to still be level.
He has saved their skins a few times. Roma nearly scored just now. Sassuolo should have scored not long before that. Good game.

Schnappo

What a finish to the game. El Shaarawy has scored an absolute belter. Gutted for Sassuolo, they deserved the 3 points today I think.

Mourinho running down the touchline :lol:

EDIT: Sassuolo score an unbelievable goal in the last seconds but its ruled offside! I can't believe this game :lol:

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Super super entertaining 2nd half, both teams could have easily scored 3 more goals. I think that overall Sassuolo were the better team but their finishing was so bad

EDIT: Scamacca, what a finish.. shame it's slightly offside. it would have been a glorious ending of an amazing 2nd half

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

This Milan-Sampdoria game almost feels like a PL game. The pace and intensity this is being played at is very entertaining.
Serie A has been really exciting for a while. When you look at how many goals you get across the league and the gap between the teams (which is quite small in this respect) it’s actually highly competitive and, dare I say it for Serie A, an attack focused league.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Serie A hasn't been good at defending for nearly a decade. At least now teams are good at attacking though :drool:

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Newcastle top6 in Serie A? Above Napoli or Atalanta?? (I still put Juve, Inter, Roma and us above those two teams).. Meh..

Let's talk about Atalanta, but not about their most famous players (Ilicic, Muriel, Zapata).
Just talk about Atalanta's midfielders/wingbacks alone and their performances at Euro2020 only (given that, at this point, it's clear almost no one here watches Serie A):
Five different Atalanta players found the net at Euro2020 (matching an all-time record).. Their WBs Gosens and Maehle had an excellent tournament and were linked to several top clubs last summer. De Roon was a regular starter for Netherland, Freuler regular starter for a Switzerland team that eliminated France, Pessina had a great tournament as well and scored 2 decisive goals, Malinovsky regular starter and key player for an Ukraine team that reached the Quarter-finals (sadly he couldn't play against England due to an injury), Miranchuk was the best russian player in the competition.. And last but not least: Mario Pasalic, who scored a beautiful header vs Spain..
Teuns Koopmeiners would easily start for Newcastle, let alone all the other mids and the likes of Gosens, Maehle, Ilicic, Muriel, Zapata..

"That Newcastle team would probably be top 6 in Serie A."... 19th placed Newcastle United.. Serie A top 6.. Okay..