Italian Serie A - 2021-2022

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
What a boss. He must have kept Pogba and others in check while he was here, soon as he went away the squad has no leadership.
I mean, United weren't exactly flying during those times either, even though they did win trophies at the time.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I mean, United weren't exactly flying during those times either, even though they did win trophies at the time.
Funnily, it's because he missed a lot of goals(and the rest of the team too) :lol:

Once they gelled that 16/17 side was actually the best United have been as a team post Fergie. Dominated games week in week out

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Once they gelled that 16/17 side was actually the best United have been as a team post Fergie. Dominated games week in week out
We didn't dominate games week in week out. That was our best season post SAF, that side was hard to beat. That's it. We didn't dominate, in few games we did and missed chances. Overall, we were average that season except in cup games.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We should have gotten him straight out of Milan in 2012, shouldn't have let him to go to psg.

largelyworried

Funnily, it's because he missed a lot of goals(and the rest of the team too) :lol:

We finished 6th that season. Winning two cups was good, but look back at who we faced and our results, and it was hardly a stellar performance.

el3mel

We finished 6th that season. Winning two cups was good, but look back at who we faced and our results, and it was hardly a stellar performance.
Zlatan started that season poorly and had about 2 months when he was shocking and missing every chance I got, but from what I remember since late October/early November he was a great watch up till his the last few games before he got the ACL injury.

Ted Lasso

I miss Zlatan.... he wouldn't have allowed our standards to slip as we have seen. Happy for him!
He didn't did he? Correct me if my timeline is wrong but he essentially kept a lot of egos in check and it wasn't til he moved to LA that we had all the virus talk, no? I wonder if he would have helped the Sanchez signing sit easier with the players among other things

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
What a boss. He must have kept Pogba and others in check while he was here, soon as he went away the squad has no leadership.
Absolutely did, go back and check the videos of Pogba and Zlatan or the one with Pogba and Henry about Zlatan. It is remarkable but as good a leader Zlatan has been for many European players like Pogba or Verratti he has been equally as bad for Swedish players like Elm. Don't know why but I speculate it's down to one or all of the following

A) Zlatan has a continental style leadership very different to the Swedish consensus-based one where no one - not even the leader - is allowed to be perceived to be more/better than anybody else
B) Nobody becomes a prophet in their own home town, even Jesus and Muhammed had to move so perhaps Zlatan just can't forge his legacy in Sweden as a leader because everybody remembers his mistakes from his youth and refuse to see the man he has become
C) Swedish covert racism. A very subtle and fleeting form that is a lot harder to tackle than the more brash and up front continental one where you say it in front instead of stabbing from the back

Red the Bear

Something less generic
What do inter fans think of zlatan? The guys done a complete tour of Italy's big three and won the league with all of them.

Last edited:

Pintu

They did it again :lol:

Although the first time around was better. Ambrosini capo ultras :lol::lol::lol:
Italian fans can be fun.

Roma celebrating their first trophy in 14 years, and focus on teasing Lazio… This part is special though.

"Zaccagni's son (Lazio player) is Zaniolo's son."

Background: Zaniolo was dating Chiara Nasti, who is now in a relationship with Zaccagni. And she just had a son. “

Last edited:

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
You have to justify the last 3 you mentioned, and you know they've been underwhelming. Seeing a lot of Juve games this past season, De Ligt has been questioned since hes joined Juve and still has cracks. Donny excels in the right circumstance, in the right team, in the right system with the right pass and if the right run is made - then whats the point in him? And FDJ, if he was good enough, would have easily displaced an ageing old Busquets.

They're not as good as you think they are, and its because they're your ajax golden darlings that you defend em.
https://arenacalcio.it/2022/05/31/a...uturo-ci-sono-due-leader-de-ligt-e-locatelli/

Allegri saying De Ligt (and Locatelli) can fill the gap left by Chiellini as future Juve captain and leader..

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And so the yanks who are part owners of Liverpool have bought Meeeelan

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Pretty soon the whole of Europe will be American owned

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
https://arenacalcio.it/2022/05/31/a...uturo-ci-sono-due-leader-de-ligt-e-locatelli/

Allegri saying De Ligt (and Locatelli) can fill the gap left by Chiellini as future Juve captain and leader..
Yeah, Allegri would surely have De Ligt as the pillar of the new cycle. He is happy in Turin and will enter his prime in two or three years, so no hurry to move out yet, if not for a gobsmacking offer. I would ignore uninformed posts like the one you are quoting… banter is fine, yet malevolent spite or lazy prejudices do add nothing, while piranhas would however find something to bite.

dinostar77

Great tactical explanation of how milan won the title. I've never heard the term "rest defence" before so new one to me.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Apparently.. Atalanta had 64 players loaned to other clubs last season. :houllier:
Is it a world record?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Looks like Italian police arrested Bakayoko and then let him go when they realised who he was.